AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > The “X Files”

The “X Files” They’re out there

View Poll Results: Are we alone in the universe?
We are alone in the Universe as far as intelligent life goes 7 9.33%
We are not alone but have not been in contact with intelligent life yet 27 36.00%
We are not alone and we have visitors but have not been in contact yet 13 17.33%
We are not alone and we have been contacted but it is not public knowledge 28 37.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......I think the governmental secrecy surrounding verified sightings and actual discovered physical evidence centers on two things, hidden national defense capabilities and astronomical profit for a select few with access to information and technology far beyond human ingenuity. Power and profit.
Dan, let's just say there is pretty solid evidence the technology is being suppressed... Free energy does NOT fit into our current model. We use the fossil fuels for profit and for geopolitical pressure to stay in control and to fatten the wallets of those on top. Can't have FREE with our current structure of for profit system. It is not even the money but control and power that interests the cabal.

It is not until the world population is reduced by 80-90% that the offspring of those "on top" will go on living not knowing what it is like to fight for natural resources, clean water and food. It is coming... Don't think the masterminds are not aware that the population is unsustainable. It's been discussed behind closed doors since the early 90's. It has already begun. We will never see it coming. Enjoy the last few decades.

If the Georgia Guide Stones built anonymously are not a sign of what the master plan is, I don't know what is but the public is so gullible and naive... There is a reason why it specifically lists the numbers the population should be, it has been figured out a long time ago. New World Order.

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Last edited by PHC1; 05-29-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:27 PM

A bit off-topic here but... I always found it rather odd that we continue to add Sodium Fluoride to our public water supply against the statistics that countries that do not add Fluoride to the their water do not have increased incidences of tooth decay when brushing their teeth regularly. We still have tooth decay and fillings and root canals...

What is Sodium Fluoride? Well, the Nazis knew what it was, they were experimenting with it. Let's put that aside and simply consider the facts.

Warning label of Sodium Fluoride.

From Wikipedia.

Fluorides, particularly aqueous solutions of sodium fluoride, are rapidly and quite extensively absorbed by the human body.[20]

Fluorides interfere with electron transport and calcium metabolism. Calcium is essential for maintaining cardiac membrane potentials and in regulating coagulation. Large ingestion of fluoride salts or hydrofluoric acid may result in fatal arrhythmias due to profound hypocalcemia. Chronic over-absorption can cause hardening of bones, calcification of ligaments, and buildup on teeth. Fluoride can cause irritation or corrosion to eyes, skin, and nasal membranes.[21]

The lethal dose for a 70 kg (154 lb) human is estimated at 5–10 g. Sodium fluoride is classed as toxic by both inhalation (of dusts or aerosols) and ingestion. In high enough doses, it has been shown to affect the heart and circulatory system. For occupational exposures, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health have established occupational exposure limits at 2.5 mg/m3 over an eight-hour time-weighted average.

In the higher doses used to treat osteoporosis, plain sodium fluoride can cause pain in the legs and incomplete stress fractures when the doses are too high; it also irritates the stomach, sometimes so severely as to cause ulcers. Slow-release and enteric-coated versions of sodium fluoride do not have gastric side effects in any significant way, and have milder and less frequent complications in the bones.[24] In the lower doses used for water fluoridation, the only clear adverse effect is dental fluorosis, which can alter the appearance of children's teeth during tooth development; this is mostly mild and is unlikely to represent any real effect on aesthetic appearance or on public health.[25] A chronic fluoride ingestion of 1 ppm of fluoride in drinking water can cause mottling of the teeth (fluorosis) and an exposure of 1.7 ppm will produce mottling in 30–50 % of patients.[

Most developed nations do not fluoridate their water. In western Europe, for example, only 3% of the population consumes fluoridated water.
While 25 countries have water fluoridation programs, 11 of these countries have less than 20% of their population consuming fluoridated water: Argentina (19%), Guatemala (13%), Panama (15%), Papa New Guinea (6%), Peru (2%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), South Korea (6%), the United Kingdom (11%), and Vietnam (4%).
Only 11 countries in the world have more than 50% of their population drinking fluoridated water: Australia (80%), Brunei (95%); Chile (70%), Guyana (62%), Hong Kong (100%), the Irish Republic (73%), Israel (70%), Malaysia (75%), New Zealand (62%), Singapore (100%), and the United States (64%).
In total, 377,655,000 million people worldwide drink artificially fluoridated water. This represents 5% of the world’s population.
There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined.
There is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.

You can draw your own conclusions and think what you will.

Last edited by PHC1; 05-29-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem666 View Post
Now this is a sobering thought

...love the Richard Feynman bit at the end.

https://youtu.be/PqEmYU8Y_rI
Jacques, another point I wanted to mention about videos such as these and why they do not make much sense to me. All the words thrown around like "octilion", "septillion", "abiogenesis" all make for an entertaining listening for sure. Let's however simply consider the other side of those improbable odds...

Water, as is highly suggested by some scientists is not from this planet. Water does originate in the universe and not just on our planet and is present in various forms all throughout the universe. Carbon life, well, carbon life is also present for what seems to me the simple fact that as soon as our planet was able to accept the deliveries of those two elements, they were delivered. Our planet at its origin could not have harbored any life in those conditions as far as we know so we can only conclude that simple bacteria was delivered.

Now, we can debate as to the "delivery" method but let's just stick with a simple theory of asteroids, comets, etc... Scientists already know for a fact bacteria can survive cosmic trips and is quite good at it in fact.

So lets take the two facts and combine them into the end result, our planet full of life that has been going on (much sooner than we thought they are now saying). Statistically speaking we got "deliveries" of these goods asap, so what are the odds of that? High likely is it that the universe delivered us these rare goods by some "octillion" in one chance vs the odds that this happens quite often? How does one quantify or work in those sexy sounding "octillions", "septillions" into that equation?

Seems to me that the universe is brimming with life as it should. The evolved and highly intelligent life is a different question of course but I would not be so sure that we are the only evolved species out there as we some day may very well be surprised as to our true origins....

Last edited by PHC1; 05-29-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:39 PM

Saw an interesting episode recently. Of course this will not be accepted by the mainstream science but the gentleman along with his colleagues proposed that there were advanced civilizations inhabiting the plains where now our oceans reside at some point in our history. The team found an appropriate sized crater where an icy meteor hit, on the bottom of the ocean floor before there was water there which fits the model of how much water it would have delivered to flood the areas.

Now these meteors spend millions to billions of years flying through the space regions where they accumulate dust, ice and keep growing into gigantic ice blobs. Then one day, bam! You got served....

Interestingly enough using their technique, they noticed that the coastal areas of California and other places have what appears to be signs of river beds and ruts on the ocean floor which implies the ocean level was not even close to being there from the beginning.

Plato described the lost city of Atlantis in great detail. No idea where the information came from, we consider it to be "fiction". He did however mention the precise geometric irrigation canals the Atlantians had. There was an area the team found that seems to match the description. It wouldn't be the first time we found highly suspicious underwater structures that resemble man made structures. There are quite a few of those. So unless the primitive civilizations could build underwater.... The theory of the team makes much more sense!

So before we think we are the only advanced civilization that lived here on this planet, we better rethink that a bit. The fate of the previous advanced civilizations could very well be waiting for us just like NASA is always concerned about an asteroid threat to our existence. This has happened, it wiped out the dinosaurs and has probably happened not once but many times. We could be in the same boat some day...

Great biblical flood? What would a boat (an ARK) be doing on top of the mountain of Ararat? But they did find what appears to be remnants of a wooden ship on Mt.Ararat in Turkey....

Are these stories fantasies that we should not pay attention to? Are we that certain that the Egyptians built the Pyramids and there were no advanced civilizations before us?

In the face of advanced mathematical and astronomical knowledge our distant ancestors seemed to posses without the modern tools and scientific instruments we do? They were that observant to notice a degree or two of tilt of stars due to Earth's precession? Over two generations they noticed a degree or less worth of tilt? Keeping in mind they knew that and the Earth's precession takes 26,000 years, I don't know, OUR modern education in schools must be way inferior.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:20 PM

I'm curious as to the pessimistic outlook to us being the only "special" and unique case of intelligent life in our vast universe from some scientists and skeptics. What exactly makes this planet or us unique that doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe? Based on everything I've ever read, heard or watched, there is not one single component that would make us or this planet unique. I simply do not subscribe to the theory that life started here as a fluke and that has not happened anywhere else given the same ingredients and habitable zone planets with similar conditions of which there are countless numbers as we are starting to understand more and more.

We can argue about the level of intelligence until we are blue in the face but the fact is we are only few hundred thousand years old as evolved and intelligent homo sapien species of life.

Our planet is a relatively young 4.5 Billion vs the 14 Billion year old Universe. The technological progress we have achieved in only 100 years is enough to understand that an advanced civilization out there that is ten thousand to millions of years ahead of us and given similar rate of advancement would be in possession of technology that would indeed allow it to visit us if not in person then at least with their space exploration efforts as no doubt they have the same questions we do and would be exploring as we are now.

So here we are. Unidentified objects appearing all around us and doing things that clearly defy our understanding of physics and technology yet we argue that we are UNIQUE and ALONE in this universe.

So what is it that makes one think we are alone? I would love to hear your opinion to help me understand.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post

So what is it that makes one think we are alone? I would love to hear your opinion to help me understand.
Whether we are or not is not something I even think about. Who cares? I'm more concerned about mankind's inability to care for and feed our growing population.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Whether we are or not is not something I even think about. Who cares? I'm more concerned about mankind's inability to care for and feed our growing population.
As I already hinted to as much in the other posts. The plan is already in action.

“Last summer a group of researchers from Hebrew University and Mount Sinai medical school published a study showing that sperm counts in the U.S., Europe, Australia, and New Zealand have fallen by more than 50 percent over the past four decades. (They judged data from the rest of the world to be insufficient to draw conclusions from, but there are studies suggesting that the trend could be worldwide.) That is to say: We are producing half the sperm our grandfathers did. We are half as fertile.”
Old 05-29-2019, 05:01 PM

We should hope for the best and prepare for the worst,” said Hagai Levine, a lead author of the study. “And that is the possibility that we will become extinct.”

The results, when they came in, were clear. Not only were sperm counts per milliliter of semen down by more than 50 percent since 1973, but total sperm counts were down by almost 60 percent: We are producing less semen, and that semen has fewer sperm cells in it. This time around, even scientists who had been skeptical of past analyses had to admit that the study was all but unassailable. Jørgensen, in Copenhagen, told me that when he saw the results, he'd said aloud, “No, it cannot be true.” He had expected to see a past decline and then a leveling off. But he couldn't argue when the team ran the numbers again and again. The downward slope was unwavering.

Last edited by PHC1; 05-29-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:09 PM

Old 05-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Merry Christmas to all

It's getting heavy in here.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Closed Thread