AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Where Pets Rule

Where Pets Rule Fur, Feathers, and Fins!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Music Lover

This is bad news. Most cats don't do this, but then there is some that will. Replace or patch your pad & carpet. Do seal the floor that has the pee on it, and then hope to hell Smokey doesn't find another spot he likes.

If you end up replacing the whole carpet in the end, consider hardwood floors. It's a pain I know, I've got a cat right here that has cost me a fortune.

They say they start doing this because something has changed or upset them. i.e.. a new pet in the household or possibly a pet that has died, a dirty litter box, doesn't like the litter you have, etc.

I spent and tried so many different cat pee cleaners. I always ended up replacing the carpet & pad in the pee area in the end. Most of my floors are hardwood now, i had no choice.

You may be moaning about this problem for years, but for your sake I hope not.

Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect
Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 PM

One thing I'd suggest is talking to your vet. Sometimes this peeing can be a symptom of something more serious. At the very least, your vet should be able to give you some ideas of how to get kitty to stay in the litter box
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor
One thing I'd suggest is talking to your vet. Sometimes this peeing can be a symptom of something more serious. At the very least, your vet should be able to give you some ideas of how to get kitty to stay in the litter box
+1
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect
Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
I was thinking the same thing and will likely see the vet this weekend. I'm also trying a different place for his bed, I moved it into the living room not too far from his favorite corner. So now his litter box is in its own room, food in the kitchen, and his bed in the living room. In fact as I type this I'm looking down on him catching some Zzzzzz's in his bed
As for the vet's check up and or suggestions, we shall see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor
I just noticed this thread so apologies for jumping in. I second the vet suggestion, I'm a cat person also and had this problem some years ago with an older cat. He'd never had a problem for years and then started just heading off to a corner to pee on the carpeting. it turned out he had kidney problems and sometimes couldn't control himself long enough. Antibiotics and a low-ash diet fixed it.
Good Luck
Tony
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 03-27-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb

I just noticed this thread so apologies for jumping in. I second the vet suggestion, I'm a cat person also and had this problem some years ago with an older cat. He'd never had a problem for years and then started just heading off to a corner to pee on the carpeting. it turned out he had kidney problems and sometimes couldn't control himself long enough. Antibiotics and a low-ash diet fixed it.
Good Luck
Tony
Interesting.

I have had 3 cats and always been much impressed by how clean they are.
They probably worked at the surgery room during a previous life !
Their obsession for cleanliness is out of this world.
A vet visit to check if everything is right is a good advice.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 PM
That's a Deusy !

This is the best stuff ever for pet smells it got rid of skunk even off of the dog

X-O Odor Neutralizer PLUS Cleaner PET Label 16oz Trigger Spray
Marantz( UD8004,AV8802a ), Oppo udp 203 JLAudio Fathom F-110, B&W( 802 series III , FCMS8, SCMS8) . WireWorld Eclipse 6 xlr(7) Sliver Eclipse 5.2 HDMI (3) electra 5.2 powercords . HRS Nimbus , lg 55 Oled Nvidia Shield PS Audio PPP

System 2 Panasonic G25 Marantz av8003
Old 04-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Music Lover

Don,
Did you visit your vet? If you did, what did your vet come up with?
Two Channel Room
Old 04-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilands
Don,
Did you visit your vet? If you did, what did your vet come up with?
Yes, we went on Saturday. His temp. is back to normal and the vet didn't find anything else wrong. He is still however having events outside of his litter box. Mostly in the tub. I think he's stressed but I've no idea what I would be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Music Lover

Don,
The only thing that worked for me was keeping unused rooms closed off and adding a second litter box. I now have one downstairs and one upstairs. I don't like it, but it worked.
This is my 6th cat, and she's the only one that we ever had this issue with. We figure we've spent 50,000.00 replacing our carpets, throwing out a couple of expensive pieces of furniture and all the different cleaning solutions. I don't know anyone that hasn't told me to get rid of the cat. I just couldn't do it. The cat is a calico and is 11 years old and I've had her since she was a kitten. Since we got her we have added another cat and a Golden Retriever. That seemed to be when & why the problem may have started.
The second litter box in a different location has stopped the problem now for about a year. I wish you better luck than I've had.
Two Channel Room