AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Where Pets Rule

Where Pets Rule Fur, Feathers, and Fins!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:37 PM

Smokey's doing OK but he's still puffing up his tail now and again, but I'm not clear as to why. This morning for example I was up and about getting ready for work and had gone from the kitchen to a spare bathroom where his litter box is kept so I could clean it. Once I was done I walked down the hallway only to have Smokey greet me with mildly arched back and a fuzzy tail. I stopped walking and bent down just a bit and began speaking to him. He immediately flopped on his side and stretched out like he usually does when he want me to let him. While doing this his tail remained puffy but was wagging slowly. I was scratching him behind the ear and I could feel him purring. All in all several messages that don't seem to go together. Tomorrow I'm taking him to the vet for boarding as I'll be away for about 10 days. What worries me is how he might act when I bring him back home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
Smokey's doing OK but he's still puffing up his tail now and again, but I'm not clear as to why. This morning for example I was up and about getting ready for work and had gone from the kitchen to a spare bathroom where his litter box is kept so I could clean it. Once I was done I walked down the hallway only to have Smokey greet me with mildly arched back and a fuzzy tail. I stopped walking and bent down just a bit and began speaking to him. He immediately flopped on his side and stretched out like he usually does when he want me to let him. While doing this his tail remained puffy but was wagging slowly. I was scratching him behind the ear and I could feel him purring. All in all several messages that don't seem to go together. Tomorrow I'm taking him to the vet for boarding as I'll be away for about 10 days. What worries me is how he might act when I bring him back home.
It's a bit unfortunate that you have to cage him tomorrow as the retribution may be exacerbated even more. Oh well, you might have to put in double the effort when you get back. A cat never forgets (or is that an elephant?)
Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 AM

Check eyesight & hearing!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzr View Post
Check eyesight & hearing!
Of course I'm no vet/doctor but I'm pretty sure these are fine. He will see the smallest little nat or fly buzzing around and he right on it. As for the hearing my wife tells me when I'm pulling into the driveway runs to the back door from the living room so he's hearing me coming in the driveway and opening the garage door. Plus I see him react to other sounds in the house. I will however ask the vet when I drop him off today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
It's a bit unfortunate that you have to cage him tomorrow as the retribution may be exacerbated even more. Oh well, you might have to put in double the effort when you get back. A cat never forgets (or is that an elephant?)
I had wiped down the transporter after his last vet visit and brought it into the house last night. It's in the family room where my desktop is and while I was printing out my travel doc's I looked over and he was laying down inside. He's gone in there several more times since so I'm hoping for getting him in there when its time will be less stressful for him. What will be interesting and of more concern will be his reaction and behavior once were back home.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 PM

How's Smokey Don?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Tomorrow I'm taking him to the vet for boarding as I'll be away for about 10 days.
That's tough, a different environment with other cats and other animals. We've used a pet sitting/visiting service in the past. They can come every day, every other day, generally you can work it out with them. The last few times we
asked a friend to stop by daily - Bruno really likes her, he's in his own place, and it works out well. We'll get pics or videos emailed to us too! We usually bring back a small gift as a token of our appreciation.