AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 12-21-2017, 02:36 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Power City! Those speakers are going to sing, and loud!

Enjoy your setup!
Cables, Isolation, Reflection and Absorption: Nordost Reference and Norse Power, Speaker & Interconnects, HRS’s; M3X Platforms, Vortex CNR, Damping Plates, Stillpoint’s Ultra and Mini Isolaters and Vicoustic Room Treatments
Power and Sound: D’Agostino Pre Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum 300’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
Source: Aurender N10, PS Audio Direct Stream and Memory Player
Old 12-21-2017, 05:15 AM

Congratulations! The amps look great. I've heard the Progressions before and they are truly outstanding amplifiers. And, ARC-DAG-Wilson is a great combination.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 PM

Congrats...Very Nice! The black looks amazing... Those are some very serious looking amplifiers... looking forward to your listening impressions.
() Amp Front Speakers- Theta Prometheus Monoblock Amp Pair Subwoofer and Center Channel - Theta Intrepid 5 Amp channel for Surrounds - Theta Casablanca IV pre-amp processor - Theta Extreme D3 6 Channel DAC - Berkeley alpha USB - Aurender 100XL server
Cables/Interconnects:
Light Harmonic Lightspeed USB - Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU 110 ohm digital cable - Audioquest Wild Wood Front Speaker Cables - Audioquest Fire Balanced Internconnects Front Speakers - Audioquest Aspen Subwoofer and Center Channel - Audioquest Earth Balanced Interconnects Subwoofer and Center Channel - Audioquest Water Balanced Interconnects Surround Channels - Transparent Audio High Performance HDMI cables - Kimber quick in wall cables for surrounds
Power Cords / Conditioners
Shunyata Power Cords
Isolation / Racks / Room Treatments:
Stillpoints Ultra SS with bases Under Alexia's and Thors Hammer!, Watchdog Controller - Harmonic Resolution S1 Isolation Base Under Theta CB IV - Steve Blinn Audio Rack / Amp Stand - Cable Elevators - ATS acoustic panels - echobusters corner busters
Video:
Runco Q750i with McKinley anamorphic lens and sled - 120 inch Stewart Studio Tech Curved Theater Screen - Kaleidescape Cinema One
Old 12-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Default My initial impression

I am very happy with the D'Agostino Progression monoblocks. I am not the first to mention how dynamic these amps are. This was evident listening to the CD Red Violin. Track 20 has some very loud orchestral peaks on the track. It was amazing to hear these amps reproduce effortlessly the dynamics on it. It was loud but yet I was able to hear every instrument clearly for the very first time. My ears will give out before reaching the full potential! It is the headroom you notice. I have noticed when listening that these amplifiers are very revealing of poor recordings. The ARC Ref 250 SE monoblocks I had on loan from the dealer made the normally "poor sounding" discs listenable because of the tubes in my Ref 10 and the tubes in the Ref 250 SE amps.

This is not necessarily right but expected with an all tube system. With the Progression monoblocks my well known recorded redbook discs sound fantastic with small little details not heard before in the recordings being heard now! Possibly due to the low noise floor. With SACD listening to them now is definitely better and confirming the reason for having them to begin with! Listening to both male and female vocals they are smooth and natural with a touch of air on both. The better the recording the more is revealed. I am waiting for both of my Transparent power cords to be reterminated to 20A.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OW2R1923.jpg (89.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 25487386_10154929551861949_3985868633396964700_o.jpg (91.9 KB, 61 views)
Speaker Wilson Audio Maxx3,
Cables Transparent Reference speaker and Super I/C's. Transparent power cords
Power conditioning Transparent PowerIsolator
Isolation HRS
Room treatments Vicoustics

Last edited by Sharp 1080; 12-25-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:25 PM

Sharp 1080 - Congratulations. That is a beautiful looking setup and combination.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Tubes are Glorious

How's it going Vern? Did you have the opportunity to try the Progression Preamp or just decided not to since you had the Reference 10 & preferred a tubed preamp in the mix?

Best Sir,

Bob
Analogue Sources: SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote.
Tuner: McIntosh MR74
Vibration Control: Stillpoint Ultra SS under dCS Transport, Stillpoint Ultra-Mini's under dCS 3 Stack. HRS NA100's under Ansuz D8 Power Distribution Bar.
Speakers: Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills.
Power Cables: 3 each 2.5M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps & preamp. Nordost Valhalla 1. Ansuz Ceramic on Ansuz Mainz Diamond D8 distributor.
Power Distribution Bar: Ansuz Mainz Diamond 8(D8).
Power Outlets: Isoclean ICP-003 Power Wall Socket & Furutech GTX-D wall outlets w/mounting plate & cover (x2).
Speaker Cables: 3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference with Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables: Nordost Tyr 2 XLR's 2M on dCS Paganini. Nordost Valhalla 2's 110 ohm Digital AES/EBU on dCS internal connections and Crystal Cable Firewire 1394 cables on dCS.
Clock Cables: 3 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S w/6M Cardas Clear HP cables. Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
Tube Test Gear: Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A & current SOTA MaxiMatcher Power and Preamp tube test sets.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
How's it going Vern? Did you have the opportunity to try the Progression Preamp or just decided not to since you had the Reference 10 & preferred a tubed preamp in the mix?

Best Sir,

Bob
I am sticking with my ARC Ref 10. I love the synergy they make together. I have said before the "best of both worlds"! The Ref 10 and Progression amp is popular as the demo in Los Angeles was the same IIRC? I will always choose a tube preamp over solid state. No slight against D'Agostino preamps as I love the Momentum combo the dealer has in the store. The Ref 10 is my 7th Audio Research preamp/linestage. Hope that finally answers your question Bob?
Isolation HRS
Old 12-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Tubes are Glorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
Hope that finally answers your question Bob?

Yep & thanks Sir.

Bob
Analogue Sources: SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote.
Tuner: McIntosh MR74
Vibration Control: Stillpoint Ultra SS under dCS Transport, Stillpoint Ultra-Mini's under dCS 3 Stack. HRS NA100's under Ansuz D8 Power Distribution Bar.
Speakers: Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills.
Power Cables: 3 each 2.5M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps & preamp. Nordost Valhalla 1. Ansuz Ceramic on Ansuz Mainz Diamond D8 distributor.
Power Distribution Bar: Ansuz Mainz Diamond 8(D8).
Power Outlets: Isoclean ICP-003 Power Wall Socket & Furutech GTX-D wall outlets w/mounting plate & cover (x2).
Speaker Cables: 3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference with Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables: Nordost Tyr 2 XLR's 2M on dCS Paganini. Nordost Valhalla 2's 110 ohm Digital AES/EBU on dCS internal connections and Crystal Cable Firewire 1394 cables on dCS.
Clock Cables: 3 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S w/6M Cardas Clear HP cables. Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
Tube Test Gear: Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A & current SOTA MaxiMatcher Power and Preamp tube test sets.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
I am sticking with my ARC Ref 10. I love the synergy they make together. I have said before the "best of both worlds"! The Ref 10 and Progression amp is popular as the demo in Los Angeles was the same IIRC? I will always choose a tube preamp over solid state. No slight against D'Agostino preamps as I love the Momentum combo the dealer has in the store. The Ref 10 is my 7th Audio Research preamp/linestage. Hope that finally answers your question Bob?
I'm in the same camp. I love arc preamps.

Audio Research Ref6 / Esoteric K-01X, G-02X, E-03, A-02 / Wilson Alexia / VPI Classic One / Lyra Kleos / Transparent Reference Gen5 / PS Audio P10 Power Plant / Shunyata Alpha / HRS S3 Isolation bases / Roon ROCK and Tidal
Old 12-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Default Alma audio

I knew I had saved a photo of someone else having used this combo. Alma Audio in La Jolla California.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 060417-Alma-600.jpg (83.6 KB, 57 views)
Isolation HRS