AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Guestbook > Personal Introductions

Personal Introductions Feel free to sign in

Old 01-07-2018, 07:47 PM

Default Awakening from a slumber...love it here

It has been a hard ten years but that is over now.
I just had a baby girl named Eloise.
Eloise Elizabeth (after my mom who passed in 2012)
I'm 38, left a 12 year career in finance and became a nurse 2 years ago and I love music. I love music but I don't listen to it anymore....how can this be.

I've have been questioning myself a lot lately, about what it is I want, what I want for my daughter. I decided I want to show my daughter music.
I want my daughter to see the depth that can be had in life. I know no other arena with that depth like music. For me music is a religion of sorts, it aligns me to see what is casting the greater shadow over all things. It moves me unlike anything else in this world.

I am sick of saving money for some far off date in the future. I have been very lucky in the market for years and have only reinvested my gains. That is over now. I am going to get my "retirement" stereo system now! I am sick of not spending my money on my passions and instead squandering it here and there on random non sense or I just save it all. No more.

I love it here. It is great finding a place with like minded people from all over the world. I hope to meet some local people here in Dallas. From here on out I am going to immerse myself in music. I am going to enjoy and explore this passion and share it with my new baby. I'm going to start living now.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:56 PM

You only get one chance at this life so it is up to each of us to select the path that helps us best achieve our goals.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:59 PM

Congratulations! Having a baby is one of the most wonderful experiences of a lifetime.

Your plan on enhancing your life with music is of course a great thing. I was also out of music for a few years and really missed it. Felt so good to get back into it again.

With a newborn I doubt you will find much time to enjoy a 2 channel system for the next few years as they are either sleeping, napping or hungry or crying or need their diapers changed. I could not enjoy music for quite a few years when my sons were born 2 years apart. It was worth it.

Just something to think about. There are always great headphones to privately listen to music so as not to disturb anyone else in the house. That's what I did when the kids were young and I am back into headphones again and in no rush to get back to 2 channel. It is in my plans but I am having a lot of fun listening anytime I want without driving my wife crazy with all my music.

In any case, good luck with your plans and this is definitely the right place to be with if looking for advice or guidance.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:09 PM

"Baby in the house" stereo system for mom and dad.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:45 PM

Kudos to you. I waited later in life to buy a dream system, and I wish I’d given myself permission to do it sooner. Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:10 PM

I for one have been extremely grateful to have a good stereo system that my kids can enjoy. My son even as a baby loved listening to music and would sleep to it in the evenings. We are having a second kid in July that I also plan to have listening sessions with as a newborn...baby in ergo + music + rocking chair = heaven

Enjoy your system!
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
You only get one chance at this life so it is up to each of us to select the path that helps us best achieve our goals.
Agreed
Old 01-07-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Congratulations! Having a baby is one of the most wonderful experiences of a lifetime.

Your plan on enhancing your life with music is of course a great thing. I was also out of music for a few years and really missed it. Felt so good to get back into it again.

With a newborn I doubt you will find much time to enjoy a 2 channel system for the next few years as they are either sleeping, napping or hungry or crying or need their diapers changed. I could not enjoy music for quite a few years when my sons were born 2 years apart. It was worth it.

Just something to think about. There are always great headphones to privately listen to music so as not to disturb anyone else in the house. That's what I did when the kids were young and I am back into headphones again and in no rush to get back to 2 channel. It is in my plans but I am having a lot of fun listening anytime I want without driving my wife crazy with all my music.

In any case, good luck with your plans and this is definitely the right place to be with if looking for advice or guidance.
I like your style.
I was thinking the same thing and have been looking at the Audeze for awhile!
My plan was to go all out on the preamp and the turntable. I have some powered monitors I can use for now, get the headphones....then get the MC2301's I want along with the GoldenEar Reference!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Maga View Post
Kudos to you. I waited later in life to buy a dream system, and I wish I’d given myself permission to do it sooner. Enjoy!
I think you said this perfectly "given myself permission".
This is how I feel, it has been a real internal battle to break out of my finance mind and spend some coin on this. It will be hard to do but I know this will make me happy for the rest of my days, and that is a purchase I can get behind.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfaulkner View Post
I for one have been extremely grateful to have a good stereo system that my kids can enjoy. My son even as a baby loved listening to music and would sleep to it in the evenings. We are having a second kid in July that I also plan to have listening sessions with as a newborn...baby in ergo + music + rocking chair = heaven

Enjoy your system!
That is awesome.
Currently I have been playing her some Mozart from my Mac and that seems to put her down nicely. Can't wait to have something more fulfilling.