AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Guestbook > Personal Introductions

Personal Introductions Feel free to sign in

Old 04-28-2017, 07:59 AM

Default Rodney From Sunny South Africa

As the title says ,, tho here in Cape town we are having a drought so cloudy skies are welcome..Im late 50s , semi retired but still own a business that uses lasers and CnC machines to make stuff.

My listening is done in a fully treated and dedicated 8m x 6m x 2.5m room.. it's also very soundproof to the rest of the house and I can indulge myself in what I like.. turning the wick up

I have catholic taste in music..so my system has to be able to handle anything thrown at it .. I love deep tight visceral bass, room filling scale , unrestrained dynamics, treble purity and lack of distortion.. but mostly I want the playback to connect with me on an emotional level

My system is simple
Squeezebox touch into 2x Devialet D Premiers in monoblock mode and then into my speakers.. speaker wire is Munsdorf silver ribbon..the Devialets are all in one things so you dont need much else in terms of cabling

Re the speakers , Took a leap of faith and have just upgraded from a set of Vivid Giya g1's to their new flagship.. the G1 spirits, the leap was rewarded.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:01 AM

Welcome!!!
Old 04-28-2017, 08:16 AM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Rodney... Welcome to AA!
McIntosh MX150, C2300, MC601 (5), MC207, MCD12000, MR88, MPC1500, LB100, MCLK12. Anthem AVM 90. Lumin U1. Bluesound Node. Oppo 205. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, CWM8.3D, CCM7.5 S2. SVS SB16-Ultra (4). Shunyata. Wireworld. Transparent. GIK.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:21 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Rodney.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado.

With a system like that and a well thought out room to enjoy it in you will fit right in here.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Go Dawgs

Rodney - Welcome to AA! when you get a minute, post some pics of the Vivids! They're on my shortlist when the time comes to upgrade.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 04-28-2017, 12:17 PM

Welcome, Rodney. Nice to have a fellow Capetonian on AA.

Fantastic system!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:39 PM

Some Pics

Old 04-28-2017, 01:53 PM

Welcome Rodney, what a sweet room and system!
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 04-28-2017, 01:56 PM

Welcome! I come to Cape Town from time to time to visit friends. I would definitely like to crash your place and hear your system I hope you enjoy the forum, you will find a diverse, but close nit family from all over the world.

Bob

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:20 PM

Rodney, welcome to AA. Wow, one of best rooms here in AA. Clean setup.