AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Guestbook > Personal Introductions

Personal Introductions Feel free to sign in

Old 09-26-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
I'd also like to add that Dan (jdandy) works tirelessly here. He insures we aren't inundated by spam (a moderator's reward comes when you ban them but you must be ever vigilant), that those "egos" don't get out of hand and that the rules of the forum are scrupulously enforced without prejudice.

Big thanks to Dan for all his work here. Now if he'd only come up with a cure for LuFlu....
A huge +1 for Dan!!!

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:06 AM
Racing Hoopties

Mark, I applaud you for jumping in so quickly and thank you for becoming a valuable AA member. I have enjoyed and learned from your contributions. Craig
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches with fiber in between powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: GIK & Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three dedicated 20 Amp lines w/Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona 5 Shelf rack, Roon sometimes running self made convolution filters
Old 09-26-2017, 11:17 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Mark.......Congratulations on your one year anniversary. You have become a valued contributor and member. Here's to many more years hanging with the gang.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 09-26-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
When I made the pilgrimage to cape cod a few years ago, Ivan told me something I never forgot. He said that he considers this forum his family. Over the years , I have seen what he means by this and I'm proud to be part of that family. There are other families online but they tend to fight too much

Well said Marc - maybe even better in some ways than a typical family, because the dysfunctional family members can be sent packing

Congratulations !ark on your one-year anniversary, and thank you for your excellent sentiments on AA.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 09-26-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
As of 2 days ago, I've been a member here for a year. I've never sent a post like this on any other forum so here goes....

DAMN(!), it's been a great year on AA !!!

Of any forum out here, this is the best, no holds barred; most respectful, most informative without the knowledgeable guys having a gigantic chip on their shoulder, very few out of control egos (we all have egos but everyone plays nice <LOL>), very few if any, attack or "full-of-attitude" posts, everyone gets the help they need even if their choice of gear and/or speakers isn't what the 'inside guys' happen to have a strong preference for / sycophantic following towards, and overall just a great place to try to grab some time every day to jump on, read, learn, contribute, buy, sell, etc...

AA is a truly unique place...thanks to all the members here before me and since for keeping it going and to MasterLu and MasterLuJr for the massive amount of effort and investment to put up and run such a great site!

Have a great week....enjoy the music and Rock/Classical/Jazz/etc...your brains out!!!

Mark
Hey, Mark. Glad to hear you are enjoying the forum. It's always nice to see your posts on the classical music forum.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma29 View Post
Hey, Mark. Glad to hear you are enjoying the forum. It's always nice to see your posts on the classical music forum.
Thank you! I have a rare copy of the Esoteric SACD, Mravinsky with Lenningrad, Shostakovich 5 and the Wagner Solti (Red box) Eso SACD releases arriving Thursday. Will have lots to listen to and report back....

I listen to tons of classical and jazz, wish I had time to write up for those threads daily but life just is not that accommodating [emoji4] !