AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 08-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Alberto.......Your last two sentences seem to reflect incongruous points.
Dan, that's the best way I could think of expressing my complete and total satisfaction with the system I currently have, while admitting the possibility that it could get even better, and that the gear part of the audiophile equation may be satisfied and stay dormant for a while, but it rarely goes away completely. Boys like their toys.

An upgrade to, say, a Masseto, would be fun and exciting for the "gear-head" part of the hobby that Serge talked about - the new shiny toy experience. But, unlike some of my audio acquisitions in the past, it would not be motivated by any need or desire to fix a specific deficiency in the system.

As you may recall from my posts in the past about feeling the need for tone controls and loudness compensation, there was always something slightly amiss in the experience. That something manifested itself on lesser recordings. My system shined with beautifully recorded material, but a few too many of my favorite records needed EQ help, and low-level listening was not satisfying without loudness.

I am not sure what combination of Shindo tubes, vintage parts or SET topology addressed my problem with lesser recordings but it's gone for good. I get delicious sound 100% of the time, and I can't get enough of it. I eagerly anticipate listening sessions and regret having to end them. What more can I ask of a system.

I hope this helps to explain it better.

Alberto
Old 08-31-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
...I am now so much more interested in what's going on, I can hear and focus on the words, the meaning, the message, my mind is relaxed, I am into the musical flow, I am enjoying my favorite artists and when I listen to something new, I am now more involved with the thought of "This is great, I should really explore this artist further", "I wonder what is else is available on vinyl from this one"...
That expresses the essence of it. Congratulations on arriving there.

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.