AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 06-16-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
There is a lot of truth in Jeff Daniels opening "speech" in Newsroom. One of the best few minutes of acting on TV in the last few decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyzDRc34l2g
good post Jim, translation ...... $$$, greed. I know, there's more to it than that but .............
Old 06-16-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
There is a lot of truth in Jeff Daniels opening "speech" in Newsroom. One of the best few minutes of acting on TV in the last few decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyzDRc34l2g

Yes, a great scene, thank you.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 06-16-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Atlanta put in these public restrooms in some places, don't know what the rhyme or reason as to where they are, but they're there. They look like bomb shelters......big square silver buildings. One is of course in the Buckhead bar district so I can only imagine the number of times that's been thrown up in. Here's a picture I found of one. I don't know if he knows for sure, but a buddy of mine that lives down there told me they cost $350,000

Of course they cost $350,000.... Why is that a surprise?
Old 06-16-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62caddy View Post
I hope we're not going down this trail again. For the first time in my life I shall remain silent on a number of points raised here that are highly debatable so I will simply & respectfully point out the lines of political discussion have long been crossed by now.
Not sure what you are referring here to, the San Francisco issue or my post about Russia or the comment about our "US priorities". If it is the latter, lets just say that problem transcends all political affiliations or parties... The sooner we wake up to that fact, the wiser we will be except that NOTHING will change no matter who is at the helm of our country. There is nothing political about that, it is the fundamental direction that an evolved civilization has taken throughout history and every empire had to go through until the eventual collapse as history has shown us time and time again.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post

As a US citizen and someone who has lived over 40 years in the USA I am very patriotic of my country but I simply cannot and will not agree with some of our priorities. The military-industrial complex is sucking our country dry and funneling the taxes into building war machines like no other country in the world, to the tune of 700 billion a year and then can’t account for trillions of dollars? Do I give a sh!t about the perpetual enemies, real and imagined that they have to conjure up yearly to justify the military expense as the greedy war oriented corporations grease the palms of our politicians while lining up their pockets and bombing everyone in sight?

I’d rather see peace and swans in our lakes as the fountains beat to the rhythm of classical music. We can’t even fix the potholes in the streets let alone pave the streets with granite, marble and other luxury materials so people can proudly walk the sidewalks like they do in Moscow today. People need and want culture, we as tax payers deserve it.

Well said and I’d add the hideous “war” on drugs. As much a one sided war that’s ever existed and the biggest waste of resources this country has ever had.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Progtitioner View Post
Well said and I’d add the hideous “war” on drugs. As much a one sided war that’s ever existed and the biggest waste of resources this country has ever had.
Well some drug lord is having a very bad day today. https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...511455802.html