AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
huh?????
Michael.......The program sends the results of the accuracy of the ripped files to dBpoweramp's online database.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 09-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Retired

The ripping continue, but have a question?
When I drop a CD into the internal drive it is recognized and starts ripping as soon as I hit the "RIP" button in the upper left. However, it defaults to my internal HD's 'Music' file and I would like to rip to the micro SD chip I have inserted. However, I cannot find any way to direct the CD being ripped to the SD chip. No big deal to 'drag-&-drop' the completed file, but would like to get rid of the additional couple of steps.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 09-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Racing Hoopties

I always saved them to my desktop and then moved them. The reason being I have an internal SSD and it is fast. I can be moving the multiple albums to the NAS while I am ripping more CDs.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 09-09-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
I always saved them to my desktop and then moved them. The reason being I have an internal SSD and it is fast. I can be moving the multiple albums to the NAS while I am ripping more CDs.

I do the same, rip to my Mac internal SSD first, then move them in batches later. It’s much faster, especially if I need to do some editing of metadata after ripping.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 09-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Retired

Very good. Creates a B/U copy at the same time.

All ready ripped 40+ CDs. Only 14-1500 to go.

Craig - are you as wet down there are we are up here? And Florence is still a few days out.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 09-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Racing Hoopties

No Glenn. We have had some showers but nothing that kept me off the golf course the last two days.

Florence has the SC Gov in emergency meetings already but, personally, I am watching the news and not panicked. We are headed to a race near Charlotte this weekend anyway. Timing might work out but we will likely be racing in the rain. The great equalizer.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 09-10-2018, 06:30 AM
Retired

Nothing but wet here for the next 10-days.

When ripping and one hits a track where DBpoweramp tries to re-rip and goes very slowly, do you simply skip that trip?

On about half of the tracks this happens on have found that stopping and re-ripping only the bad track(s) will result in a good download. This happens more frequently on the last track. Wonder if this is a result of a fault with my DVD drive or the production process of CDs?

Am pleasantly surprised that I've used so little of my SD chip. With about 60 CDs ripped only 16GB used. That's ~500 CDs on a 128GB micro SD chip, which is nice.

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 09-10-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Nothing but wet here for the next 10-days.

When ripping and one hits a track where DBpoweramp tries to re-rip and goes very slowly, do you simply skip that trip?

On about half of the tracks this happens on have found that stopping and re-ripping only the bad track(s) will result in a good download. This happens more frequently on the last track. Wonder if this is a result of a fault with my DVD drive or the production process of CDs?

Am pleasantly surprised that I've used so little of my SD chip. With about 60 CDs ripped only 16GB used. That's ~500 CDs on a 128GB micro SD chip, which is nice.

I have 4 blue-ray/dvd drives (internal and external) to rip CDs in parallel with dbpoweramp. My experience with bad tracks is:
- the super long self-correction process usually does not yield any satisfactory result, so I would simply cancel it;
- even if the self-correction process finishes, and the track shows green color (instead of accurate rip), it’s not accurate, so it will always bother me;
- to re-rip the bad track right away with the same drive can get accurate rip 10% of the time;
- most of the time, to re-rip it with another drive can get accurate rip;
- different drives from the same manufacturer usually have the same results, so I always use another manufacturer’s drive for this.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default What Are Your DBpoweramp Settings?

I have the same experience as SAPHANA. My PC has multiple drives so if I run into one disc that isn’t ripping, I cancel the whole thing and try it in another drive. That usually goes smoothly. I have no discs that wouldn’t rip eventually.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Retired

Excellent info. I'll have to break out the other drives. Thanks.

My Japanese pressing of "Brothers in Arms" won't run at all. Makes me wonder if it is HDCD, which is not indicated.

BTW - what does the red 'X' followed by AR indicate? Seems that rip went well enough. Haven't attempted to listen to same yet.

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 09-10-2018 at 08:51 PM.