AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 12-24-2014, 09:01 PM

Default Christmas spirit made me a better person tonight

I did a little late Christmas shopping for my wife on Saturday. Ordered her a couple Under Armour shirts for the gym. Since I waited to the 20th, I had to pay a small shipping charge to guarantee delivery by today. Receive my tracking number and see that the package arrived yesterday at my local UPS distribution center (20 minutes from my house). This morning, the package is shown as being on the truck for delivery by 8pm tonight. About 30 minutes ago, I get an e-mail from UPS saying my delivery has been changed to Friday. I go onto the UPS tracker and sure enough it no longer shows that my package is on the truck for delivery. It just shows that my package is rescheduled for delivery on Friday.

I notice that their chat feature is still active. I activate the chat feature and ask UPS what happened to my package. It was on the truck for delivery and now its showing delivery on Friday. The only answer I could get from them is that it was never on the truck and they can't tell me why it wasn't delivered. Basically, their person is looking at the same screen that I am and since the line showing it was on the truck is no longer there, he doesn't believe it was ever on the truck. Normally, I would get upset and start asking a lot of questions. Instead, the Christmas spirit kicked in and I just wished him a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Christmas spirit made me a better person today!!

On the positive side, the store that I bought it from has a policy that if you paid for the guaranteed delivery by the 24th and it does not get delivered, you get your purchase for free. I actually feel bad calling the store on Friday to get this credit as they lived up to their end of the deal. According to their website, the only exclusion is if there is cancellations of flights which prohibits them from shipping the product in time. Guess they will have to argue with UPS over the credit. Total purchase was only $40.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:28 PM

I have been trying to treat all 365 days of the year like Christmas and choose the less stressful outcome. I would have done what you did and thought to myself that is what happens for waiting so late to make a purchase.

All that being said I would ask the store to make good on their policy and provide the refund. I wouldn't chase them to all ends of tbe earth for it but would certainly ask.