AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:03 PM

Default Cornwall IV Introduced

https://www.klipsch.com/news/klipsch...udio-fest-2019
Old 09-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloceleste View Post
I appears to be larger than the III.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:55 AM
Dawson's Ridge

Some meaningful upgrades, especially the new Tractrix mid-range driver, the heart and soul of any speaker. Unfortunately, the Cornwall is only 38" high thereby causing the mid-range driver to be directed below typical 'ear listening levels'.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:39 PM

It explains why Adorama discounted the III’s heavily several months ago.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
I appears to be larger than the III.
Yes........... new cabinet is 38" in height, likely to accomodate the new mid-horn. The old is 35.3". New is also 2# heavier at 100#.

I'm shopping for new speakers that I can place against the front wall in a new listening space. Would the Cornwall IV work if placed so........... ?
Audeze LCD-3 Canton Ref 9K Clearaudio SM Pro Denon DP-80 w/Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cdza Blk & K-b, AT33R & AT150Ti Kenwood L-07M mono-blocks Mark Levinson No. 383 Oppo 203 Parasound JC3 jr PS Audio Ultimate Outlet Sony ST-J75 Stax UA-7/CF SurgeX XR-315 Woo WA6 Gen 1 WW Eclipse 8/7 Pt, Au, Ag, Mini(x2), Starlight & Nano Yamaha T-2
Old 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Heard the new Cornwalls at RMAF, they sounded very good: balanced, and fast articulate bass. They were in the corners of the room, so I think close to a wall would be ok.
Main system: Linn Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250 amp & HD preamp; Rega RP10 w/Rega Aphelion; Boulder 508; Sonus Faber Amati Futura; Shunyata Denali 6000T, Alpha NR & EF power, Ztron Cobra IC & SC; Quadraspire Sunoko-Vent T, ISOAcoustics Orea footers, HRS Damping Plates; SonicTransporter i7 & Synology DS412+; Audio Desk Pro
Personal audio: Woo Audio WA6, WA7 & WA8; Auralic Aries Mini, Sonore MicroRendu & UltraRendu, A&K AK100 II, AKG Q701, Shure SE535, Shure SH1540, Westone ES50 Custom, Sennheiser HD800, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow C, Various Moon Audio dragons
2nd system: Luxman SQ-N100, PSB Imagine Mini, REL T-5, refurbished AR XA w/Nagaoka MP-200 & VPI cabling, Linn Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata Venom PS8 w/Defender & Viper, Nordost Blue Heaven power & IC, Acoustic Zen sc, Symposium Svelte Shelves
Workshop: Vintage Yamaha CA-1010 amp & CT-1010 tuner, Martin Logan Motion 4, Squeezebox Touch, Schiit BiFrost, AZ & WW cables
Video: Sony XBR65X850C; Apple TV-4; Vienna Acoustics Schönberg L/R, Webern center & surrounds; REL T1/T2/T3 subs; Arcam AVR850; Cambridge Audio 752BD; MIT-EXP SC
Old 09-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Yes........... new cabinet is 38" in height, likely to accomodate the new mid-horn. The old is 35.3". New is also 2# heavier at 100#.

I'm shopping for new speakers that I can place against the front wall in a new listening space. Would the Cornwall IV work if placed so........... ?
Corn=corner wall=wall They were designed to go in corners or against the wall.

I'd like to hear them but don't have the space for them in my room.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post

The IV's are the same height as the III's. This is a quote from the designer:
"They are actually the same height. In the old spec sheet, the riser was not taken into account. "
Old 09-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Retired

That seems reasonable seeing that the III and earlier models had space between the mid-horn & woofer that is taken by the Tractrix horn in the IV. Wonder why they would bother to change the way that they present the measurements? Perhaps they got some feed back from someone who tried to fit a pair into a 36" high space and did not want that to happen again.
Audeze LCD-3 Canton Ref 9K Clearaudio SM Pro Denon DP-80 w/Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cdza Blk & K-b, AT33R & AT150Ti Kenwood L-07M mono-blocks Mark Levinson No. 383 Oppo 203 Parasound JC3 jr PS Audio Ultimate Outlet Sony ST-J75 Stax UA-7/CF SurgeX XR-315 Woo WA6 Gen 1 WW Eclipse 8/7 Pt, Au, Ag, Mini(x2), Starlight & Nano Yamaha T-2
Old 09-14-2019, 04:47 PM

My size issue with Cornwall is the width. They will just barely fit into my listening room arrangement. I tried a pair of Cornscala D and could only adjust toe and distance from front wall. I felt I needed more placement flexibility to get them sounding their best. I bet tractrix horn will improve the Cornwalls as well as the other changes.