AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 03-09-2018, 01:26 AM

Congrats on the Wel 8ft... I enjoy mine. It's a solid cable... be forewarned, when you have it set to a particular speaker, there will be a bend to it that develops over time. Also have it on cable risers as it is heavy and might put a strain on binding posts.

Welcome to Club Wel.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Congrats on the Wel 8ft... I enjoy mine. It's a solid cable... be forewarned, when you have it set to a particular speaker, there will be a bend to it that develops over time. Also have it on cable risers as it is heavy and might put a strain on binding posts.

Welcome to Club Wel.
Thank you so much for this advice. I will ask for risers. Shouldn't be a problem to place them as I am not going to touch these cables. The dealer will be responsible for setting these cables. I wish that I were silver from top to bottom but as you can see, I am not. However, I truly do plan on the solid silver IC's but not for now. Then I will be solid silver. The Alexx are wired with Transparent Opus internally exactly as the WAMM MC. I think one could argue that the external speaker cables are an extension externally of the internal wiring. The Wel Signature is of the same quality as the Alexx internal Transparent Opus.

Last edited by Charles; 03-09-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Hi Charles,

My AQ Wind (PSS) are being reterminated. Shortly I will be full PSS from top to bottom. I am sure you will join the club as well.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Hi Charles,

My AQ Wind (PSS) are being reterminated. Shortly I will be full PSS from top to bottom. I am sure you will join the club as well.
I will and it's a great club to be in. I have been informed that my speaker cables will be arriving in about two weeks. I now feel it fairly certain that I will be purchasing the Wel balanced IC's also. I am truly looking forward to completing my major upgrade. I recently bought a new high quality Windows 10 laptop dedicated for computer audio. My USB through my new Mac D1100/new laptop sounds superb but I know it will sound much better with PSS throughout the signal chain. Also my CD's/SACD's.

I will send pics when everything arrives and before instlallation. I am undergoing a truly major cable/connection upgrade and system simplification. I will explain all when it happens as there is still a 1% chance it won't. However the speaker cables are a definite.

Last edited by Charles; 03-13-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:31 AM

I read you bought the Wel XLR... at 7M, that's a hefty investment. I could not even swing 2 of the 1M units. Congrast!
Old 03-16-2018, 10:57 PM

The Wel XLR's are ordered to be 7M and 1 foot or 7.3 meters. They are on order. I gave the dealer the check for both speaker cables and IC's around 1:30 pm central time today. Whew!! They were actually ordered yesterday. I have the tape measure and string on the floor stretched out to 23 feet plus about 7 inches so I asked for one extra foot to be sure. At these prices no room for mistakes. This arrangement will not be moved until the installation and I see the IC's will reach so they will stay there unmoved for about two weeks. Again all I can say is "Whew!!".

Last edited by Charles; 03-16-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:02 PM

Lots of good stuff coming your way Charles! Keep me posted
Old 03-18-2018, 09:12 PM

24 ft. WEL. Wow!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdimler View Post
24 ft. WEL. Wow!
Yep, but the last foot was "free". Actually, I have conclusively determined with the help of my son that I don't need it but its comforting to know that I absolutely will have no difficulty with length. I honestly would be in the hospital if these IC's didn't reach. I think I actually will have two extra feet i.e. more than enough. I have also been reassured that my new Wel speaker cables will easily connect to my speakers of course with risers. Again, I would be literally sick if there was a major problem. I want to look forward to this and not worry. I will not be making any of these connections. Dealer installed all the way including removing my Kimber Kable.

Last edited by Charles; 03-18-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:25 AM

Yes definitely need risers. Are you spade to spade?