AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Meridian Audio

Meridian Audio Listen Closely

Old 10-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Default Meridian System Updated 2

OK friends, I just had to show off my system. Cant help it as every day when I listen to it, the Meridian musicality never failed to impress me. And this is only the Sooloos. I have yet to hear the TT ... am waiting for the Lehmann BC II Decade. 3 more weeks, it shall arrive! Also, the 808i.3 somehow transformed the humble 504 vintage tuner into something better.

These pictures are better than the last time. The TT position's been changed as the tonearm in the previous arrangement is "too near" the right speaker's woofers. This time, its further away. Some tweaks would be needed later, said my TT dealer to improve the "isolation". Oh well, another couple of dollars wont hurt I suppose.

Hope you guys liked these better taken pictures.

Well, for sure, I have completed my first 1018 CD art covers. Yes siree, done over 5 days of intense search and "paste over". The end result I must say is worth it .. though very, very tiring!

I think I am near the end of my hifi journey as I had found my perfect partner. I suppose the only cause for change would be for it to break down beyond repair!

Last but not least, the last picture showed the 2 titles I bought, the John Mayall - I had to buy both the CD as well as the Vinyl. The first track, "Nothing To Do With Love" is really captivating! Crazy? Hardly as its really good Blues at its best! One hell of a guitar player!

As for Santana, well, he re-hash the famous rock anthems of yonder years! Whole Lotta Love took on another dimension. Listen to how he interpret the Beatles classic "While MY Guitar gently Weeps" ... apart from Eric Clapton, this is about the best there is! Indeed Guitar Heaven as its aptly titled!

Go and buy them. Strongest recommendation from me - if you are a blues and rock fan!

Enjoy ... I am ... right thru the still of the night!

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (91.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg After.jpg (93.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Another View.jpg (92.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 504 Tuner & Oppo 83se NuForce.jpg (96.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 808i.3 & Hydra 4.jpg (84.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Sooloos Near View.jpg (81.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Triplanar Tonearm.jpg (88.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg TT Fully Setup 1.jpg (91.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg TT Fully Setup 2.jpg (91.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg John Mayall (CD&Vinyl) & Santana.jpg (96.5 KB, 23 views)
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by JSCC; 10-12-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jerry.......WOW. What an amazing sound system. The total package is beautiful. I love looking at the TriPlanner Mk VII UII turntable. It is gorgeous..

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM

Jerry

The system is really looking good and probably sounds even better. does the SooLoos have a video out so you can project on the large screen on the wall?

Jim
Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Jerry

The system is really looking good and probably sounds even better. does the SooLoos have a video out so you can project on the large screen on the wall?

Jim
I dont know Jim. BUT I do know Meridian had a projector which costs like a bomb. Though I like video .. I cant bring myself to spending beyond a reasonable 55 inch to a 60 inch LED TV.

What I heard was that the Meridian projector is very good and a killer, in terms of performance and a price to match.

Cheers!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jerry.......WOW. The entire sound system looks beautiful. The Meridian 808i.3 is gorgeous, and the Dr. Feickert Twin-DFA TriPlaner Mk VII UII turntable is awesome. You are a fortunate man to own such a premium sound system.

Indeed I am very fortunate to be able to get this TT without a fuss from dear wife. Current sound is already very nice and I cant imagine how the higher Phono stage model, the Decade can be better than the BC II SE. Anyway, its twice the monies, so there must be some "black magic" behind. I am waiting.

As for the vinyl and CD, its my strong recommendation. Of course if you are not a Santana or John Mayall fan, then, skip. if you are, these are must collect items. Very, very good music presentation and interpretation! Superb. Rock and Blues at its best!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
I dont know Jim. BUT I do know Meridian had a projector which costs like a bomb. Though I like video .. I cant bring myself to spending beyond a reasonable 55 inch to a 60 inch LED TV.

What I heard was that the Meridian projector is very good and a killer, in terms of performance and a price to match.

Cheers!
Sorry Jerry what I was meaning to ask, does your SooLoos have a video output connection so that you can project what you are seeing on the touchscreen onto the flat screen you already have on your wall.

Jim
Old 10-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Jerry, your system looks awesome. and enjoy it for years to come.

Quote:
Listen to how he interpret the Beatles classic "While MY Guitar gently Weeps" ... apart from Eric Clapton, this is about the best there is! Indeed Guitar Heaven as its aptly titled!
Have you heard the Peter Frampton version? I'm going to have to get the Santana cd and check it out.

Matt
Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Member #1000

Looking good Jerry. That's some fast loading of your music collection, I've had my Sooloos for over 3 months and I just hit 1300 titles on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
does the SooLoos have a video out so you can project on the large screen on the wall?

Jim
The Sooloos does not have a video out.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Thanks Victor
Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Looking good Jerry. That's some fast loading of your music collection, I've had my Sooloos for over 3 months and I just hit 1300 titles on it.

Victor,

I must NOT take that credit. The first 950 pieces of CD was done by the dealer using the Sooloos Mass Ripping machine. I only did the difference (between 1018 from 950) in the last 3 days. So, in actual fact, I only ripped 68 CDs in 3 days!

As for the CD cover arts, I also did it in the 3 days - and found indeed a lot of hard work and pain. In the end, I have about at least 30 CDs that do not have at least a 500x500 pic and so, the picture will appear watery or small when played.

The joy would be the Sooloos is a wonderful machine and thanks to you for encouraging me to take it up. I am certain I will enjoy it more when the Twinstore (2Tb x 2) comes in when I can add on more of the music from you (original FLAC only as I want the Sooloos to maintain the files this way - any Apple Lossless will be kept as iTunes format. Dont want a mix).

I will talk to my dealer, who is coming in today to help re-program my input on the 808i.3 as somehow, the last round, he caused 2 inputs to have NO SOUND - TV and Bluray what he had in his 3000 CDs and if he can help isolate those "foreign languages" from being downloaded" as really, I dont understand Malay, Indonesian or Indian vocals or music.

For sure, I am very happy about my entire Meridian setup and even more so when I discovered it is really a top class music performer. It may lose out in certain aspect to other marques but on the other hand, as an overall performer, it is up there with the rest. This is indeed a system I have been looking for all these years, making nice, smooth music I can enjoy and forget about all the hassles on change and swaps.

I guess the ITCH had finally stopped until when things start to break. That I believe will be a long time to come.

I will PM you when I am done and had the music backup in the 1TB drive where I will sent it to you. Hope you like them all. No worries, no Indian, Malay or Indonesian music! Chinese songs, YES!

Cheers!
Cheers!