AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > PMC Speakers

PMC Speakers UK's Finest

Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Default Help with IB2i

Guys,

I'd appreciate a few opinions on what a 3 year old pair of IB2i speakers are worth. Excellent condition. Give me 2 prices. Fair price, and Great price. Thanks!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 PM

Right around what there listed for
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
Right around what there listed for
Are you selling a pair? How much?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 PM

just a guess but it sounds like your refering to the one's listed on Agon and I was responding.....
Old 06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Merry Christmas to all

jaxwired.......Audio Aficionado has a Marketplace with Buying and Selling forums available to all Subscribers. You will get a good response to your inquiry, and actually be able to list the speakers in question, if that is your goal, by simply becoming an Audio Aficionado Subscriber. It's as simple as following this link: http://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php You have been a member for almost a year now. Why not help support this great audio forum and reap the rewards of Subscriber status. You will discover a wide range of great benefits available to you as a Subscriber that are not currently available to you as a member, including trying to sell your gear on this forum.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-17-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM

This is the only forum I am aware of where members encourage/pressure newcomers into a paid subscription, every time. Don't get it.. isn't it up to them to decide their level of involvement?

Apologies if this comes across as provocative, I think it's a fair point.

Last edited by jdebonth; 06-12-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Learning to Listen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebonth
This is the only forum I am aware of where members encourage/pressure newcomers into a paid subscription, every time. Don't get it.. isn't it up to them to decide their level of involvement?

No pressure, really. To each his/her own.

I value the opinions of those on this forum, as well as their comportment, honesty and friendship so much that I contributed and even sponsored another member, just because I want this group to thrive. The dedication Ivan and crew bring to this endeavor is far greater than one can imagine relative to its ability to generate funds. So, in my case the minimal donation is really nothing other than a tip of my hat. A thank you.

On the other hand, I've saved multiples of my donation in audio purchases from AA members, so it was a good investment.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebonth View Post

Joost.......There is no pressure to become a subscriber on this forum. I tried to encourage jaxwired to consider the added benefits of becoming a subscriber, in particular the ability to buy and sell audio components using the Audio Aficionado resources. I posted the link to the subscription page as a convenience, not as an attempt to pressure anyone. I am an enthusiastic Audio Aficionado member, and have been a Subscriber from the very beginning of the forum's existence. Many benefits have come my way through my association with AA, and it is fun for me to recommend becoming a subscriber to members who may have overlooked the added advantages of subscriber status.

Your support of this great audio forum is appreciated by every other subscriber here, including me. Thank you.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 AM

I would not listen to any of the dealers as they are bias and also they will lose out on the 45% markup.
USED

IB1=$4000
IB2i=$6000
MB2i=$8000

**these should have stands included and in mint shape...
Lower prices even better but this is for fairly new,used items....older ones are about 20-25% less
they are good speakers(great actually) but ""WAY overpriced""
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2 View Post
I would not listen to any of the dealers as they are bias and also they will lose out on the 45% markup.
USED

IB1=$4000
IB2i=$6000
MB2i=$8000

**these should have stands included and in mint shape...
Lower prices even better but this is for fairly new,used items....older ones are about 20-25% less
they are good speakers(great actually) but ""WAY overpriced""
mb2.......Good luck finding a pair of PMC IB2i's for $6000. If you do, and don't want them, let me know.

"WAY overpriced" is just your opinion, but you're absolutely correct about how great PMC speakers sound.

As for the 45% markup comment, even if that were true in all cases, a dealer isn't like a consumer sitting at home listing his speakers on Agon or eBay. Markup is not a synonym for profit. A dealer has overhead cost to operate his business. There's rent or a mortgage payment to be made monthly, utilities costs, security cost, insurance costs, workman's compensation cost, state unemployment compensation taxes, annual business license cost, property taxes, employee salaries, advertising costs, interest to banks on borrowed money, income taxes, accounting fees, as well as other costs. All this has to be paid from his markup. The dealer would probably be happy with a 10% profit on total gross annual revenue from his business.

Last edited by jdandy; 06-17-2012 at 02:35 PM.