Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 01-26-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Hello Stefan !

Nice to meet you on the web.
My wife is from Romania too.
The 40.1 are fabulous speakers. In case you did not see this thread on an other forum, the 40.2 is said by Alan Shaw himself to be farer from the BBC monitors sound than the 40.1. Some people may end up preferring the 40.1.

I discovered the Altec sound and clearly there is a life with Altec drivers that conventional speakers cannot reach. Not only Harbeth. Any conventional speaker I heard is very far from the ease and life of Altec. Still, I do love my 40.1 in my living room.
I thought about selling them for an other pair of Altec's but I will be very happy if they stay at home.
Please send me an email if you plan a trip to Paris one day.
Oh Jerome, if you'll know... You are responsible for my acquisition! I read absolutely all your posts on AudioAficionado, Harbeth forum, audioshark, ls3-5a-forum... about your journey with Harbeth M40.1. There is more somewhere else? I have the speakers since the end of November. Very sad when I saw your intention to sell the Harbeth's. And I said "merde!", just bought them and you changed your mind. Not talking about the dream to listen once the M40.1 in your set-up. I was happy when you canceled your sale on "homecinema-fr"
But I'm happy for you, because you are in love again. À coup de foudre, as I understood.

All the best from Belgium,
Stefan.

P.S. May I contact you on "homecinema-fr"? I found no option for personal message on AA. No idea about what to send you an email.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Crusher View Post
I have to admit I didn't know this word till now : "kindred". Good to know. I believe this was your intention : kindred spirits = having the same belief, attitude, or feeling.

Thanks!
Indeed Stefan, no cables, but don't you worry, we don't go wireless! We do have a very analogue relationship.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 01-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa_chan View Post
I like this player... unfortunately I don't think they import to the USA.
It's indeed a nice piece of gear.
Sounded good.
I don't know the brand too well though.
Japanese?
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 01-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
It's indeed a nice piece of gear. Sounded good. I don't know the brand too well though. Japanese?
Yep Japanese... Known for belt drive transports I think. They used to come this way quite a few years ago.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Oh Jerome, if you'll know... You are responsible for my acquisition! I read absolutely all your posts on AudioAficionado, Harbeth forum, audioshark, ls3-5a-forum... about your journey with Harbeth M40.1. There is more somewhere else? I have the speakers since the end of November. Very sad when I saw your intention to sell the Harbeth's. And I said "merde!", just bought them and you changed your mind. Not talking about the dream to listen once the M40.1 in your set-up. I was happy when you canceled your sale on "homecinema-fr" But I'm happy for you, because you are in love again. À coup de foudre, as I understood. All the best from Belgium, Stefan. P.S. May I contact you on "homecinema-fr"? I found no option for personal message on AA. No idea about what to send you an email.
Hello Stefan,

If you're a subscriber on AA then you can send me a PM.
Of course you can contact me on HCFR.
Wow ! I did not know that I could have so much influence on forums.
Anyway that is how many gear is bought.
I started my Shindo journey because of the posts of Serge and Alberto. And before Shindo, Alberto bought his MC501's because of Dan and me ! Years ago I bought my PMC EB1i because of Dan. So we are all in the same basket.
How do you like your 40.1 ? Do you decouple them correctly ?
Cheers,
J.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Hello Stefan,

If you're a subscriber on AA then you can send me a PM.
Of course you can contact me on HCFR.
Wow ! I did not know that I could have so much influence on forums.
Anyway that is how many gear is bought.
I started my Shindo journey because of the posts of Serge and Alberto. And before Shindo, Alberto bought his MC501's because of Dan and me ! Years ago I bought my PMC EB1i because of Dan. So we are all in the same basket.
How do you like your 40.1 ? Do you decouple them correctly ?
Cheers,
J.

Hi Jerome,

Yeah, at least with me, your "influence" worked very well.

Concerning M40.1 : for the moment I have a "joke" of stands (home made), and absolutely no kind of feet or discs. Isolation 0% at the moment. Even in these conditions I like the Harbeth's. And I am more confident for the future, after I'll buy some feet and the dedicated stands from PAB. To remind about the "somebody's influence" regarding PAB products? But have to wait a few months till I'll "recover".

Cheers, Stefan.

Last edited by Spirit Crusher; 01-28-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:48 PM

Hi Meta & Bart,

May I post here few photos captured with my compact camera at this event?

I don't have the Meta's eye and camera neither (at least are the same brand).

Stefan
Old 01-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Hi Meta & Bart,

May I post here few photos captured with my compact camera at this event?

I don't have the Meta's eye and camera neither (at least are the same brand).

Stefan

Stefan
, don't be too humble: you deserve you own thread!
Old 01-28-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post

Stefan
, don't be too humble: you deserve you own thread!
Oh Bart, not yet the time for my own thread. Even I don't know if I am allowed to post photos (no subscriber or aficionado). When I touch the option "insert image", the message is : "Please enter the URL of your image". So firstly, I have to upload my photos to a hosting site? Maybe the only option for me is to give a link to where my photos are posted. I'm a little bit dizzy...
Old 01-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Oh Bart, not yet the time for my own thread. Even I don't know if I am allowed to post photos (no subscriber or aficionado). When I touch the option "insert image", the message is : "Please enter the URL of your image". So firstly, I have to upload my photos to a hosting site? Maybe the only option for me is to give a link to where my photos are posted. I'm a little bit dizzy...
Yes, that's how we do it.
Meta publishes her photos on a webserver, and then we link to them.
If you have a Mac, I can explain how to post pics here.