AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killergurt View Post
Quick question about the bridge II: are you streaming spotify through the DSJ as well?
I am going to install Roon but also enjoy Spotify’s huge music library.

Thank you!
I am not streaming Spotify through the DSJ, but rather Tidal by way of Roon. I have been pretty happy with Tidal as a streaming service. Access to Tidal's library of Masters (MQA) albums is a plus, although I am not prepared to state that these files sound appreciably better than the standard 16-Bit/44.1 kHz versions offered through the same service. Frankly, what matters most to me is that the DSJ performs beautifully and sounds great with practically all media.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
OK. Aurender is going back, I just don’t like the sound quality and I know it because I have had better in my system.
I have just ordered the PS Audio Directstream Junior (in black) after discussing it with a few forum members and can’t wait to connect it when it arrives next week!
Killergurt, what the heck happened? Noticed that you already have the PS Audio Directstream Junior for sale on the Gon.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
Killergurt, what the heck happened? Noticed that you already have the PS Audio Directstream Junior for sale on the Gon.

Jayvis! Long story... I am trying to get the DS (its bigger sibling) as a good opportunity presented itself out of nowhere. As a matter of fact I was thinking of just keeping the Junior and be done with it. I'll update the thread once the dust settles on everything :-)
I hope there is a cure for this Audiophile bug...
Old 02-07-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Jayvis! Long story... I am trying to get the DS (its bigger sibling) as a good opportunity presented itself out of nowhere. As a matter of fact I was thinking of just keeping the Junior and be done with it. I'll update the thread once the dust settles on everything :-)
Good decision as your equipment deserves the pinnacle!

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 02-07-2018, 06:49 PM

And the amazing DirectStream gets better with each FREE firmware update!

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 02-08-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
And the amazing DirectStream gets better with each FREE firmware update!

Ron

+1
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 02-08-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I know what you mean. It can actually become a disease that prevents you from enjoying your system and music. Sooner or later you'll hopefully just say "it's good enough". Reading these audio forums can also have a detrimental affect. We all try to help, but our somewhat biased advice isn't always what's best for your situation.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis View Post
I know what you mean. It can actually become a disease that prevents you from enjoying your system and music. Sooner or later you'll hopefully just say "it's good enough". Reading these audio forums can also have a detrimental affect. We all try to help, but our somewhat biased advice isn't always what's best for your situation.

I have run out of money... But I am struggling to say “It’s good enough”.
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 02-19-2018, 09:23 PM

OK, so to conclude my hectic journey to find the right streamer: I ended up with the DS DAC which produces spectacular sound, I am not using the C2600 DAC anymore.

As a streamer, it "just" works. Finally, after so many streamers I found one that does not disconnect, always shows up as an available playback device, no matter what you use (Spotify, Tidal, Roon etc).

I started rediscovering my music, AGAIN!

Thank you everyone for your help and guidance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0739.jpg (85.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 02-19-2018, 09:27 PM

Glad it all worked out in the end Roy. I feel the same about my DS DAC.