AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 05-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeylee View Post
Pardon me if this is a silly question, but do the Simaudio 600i and/or 700i every get thrown in the hotsy-totsy integrated amp lists? If not, is there a particular reason?
Thanks all for you wealth of knowledge and opinions.
When I was hunting for a 175+ wpc integrated a few months ago, the 700i made my short list along with Vitus RI-100 and PASS INT-250. I think they make both Stereophile's and TAS' short list of recommended integrateds. I don't know why they're not that popular on the forums. I went with the PASS because of power, very good reviews, very recent design and domestic USA service. Moon will need to go to Canada for service, but I didn't have a problem sending a Classe there for service years back, though.

Denver AD ListenUp likes to pair these with B&W and has featured them at the last couple RMAFs with good reviews. I heard first hand from attendees, but you can probably find some on-line reviews and comments.

I do like their design. If I were to have another system, they'd most likely be the integrated I'd pick.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:12 AM

Aardvarkbark,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I appreciate your insight since I have been considering a Simaudio integrated amp to power my Rockport Technology Atria speakers. I sure do love the sound.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:34 AM

Default The Ultimate Integrated

I am slowly rebuilding my system and one of the items which is not being replaced is the Simaudio Moon 700i...
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM

Last edited by John49; 05-21-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
I am slowly rebuilding my system and one of the items which is not being replaced is the Simaudio Moon 700i...
John49,
That sounds like a big vote in confidence! The 700i is what I would like to get to replace my Mc MA-6600. My dealer suggests the change, and he has always been right. Shoot, he proved to me speakers cables and isolation feet DO make a difference! Is there anything in particular you like about the 700i?
Old 05-21-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeylee View Post
John49,

That sounds like a big vote in confidence! The 700i is what I would like to get to replace my Mc MA-6600. My dealer suggests the change, and he has always been right. Shoot, he proved to me speakers cables and isolation feet DO make a difference! Is there anything in particular you like about the 700i?

Mikeylee... the thing I like the most is the clarity of sound and it never sounds harsh when the volume is turned up. I had originally been buying an amp lower down the Simaudio range, but heard a 700i at the dealers and then at home and changed my order... Hopefully your dealer can arrange a home trial so you are sure it's right for you.
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 05-21-2017, 06:53 PM

New T+A PA 3100 HV The new gold standard?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:52 AM

Best integrated : Gryphon Diablo 300 and T+A PA 3100 HV.
D'Agostino Momentum integrated is way too expensive, for this kind of money you better go separates.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick721 View Post
New T+A PA 3100 HV The new gold standard?
This is the one I'm most interested to audition, but the US pricing is unfortunate.

I wonder how the more "affordable" Gryphon Diablo 300 or Pass Labs compares!?
Old 02-04-2019, 03:32 PM

Exclamation

All NEW Belles Virtuoso that cost only $$$6500 ? The Rolls Royce of Solid State Gear !

Last edited by Rick721; 02-04-2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: $
Old 02-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Retired

The CH integrated is $48-52K, depending on options. More M-B/BMW range than Rolls.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag