AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 07-31-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post
Hello Apexorca!

Firstly, what a wonderful system you have!

Don't know if you noticed my question about Isotek Isoplug in the "Isotek evo3 super titan" thread.

As I can understand you still use two Isoplugs with Super Titan/Nordost Thor. I would like to know where did you place Isoplugs? Right in the wall sockets which are near to the one that feeds Super Titan/Thor?

I just wonder can Isoplug improve soundquality of a system which is already powered by a full-size power conditioner. Following the logic of clean power it should as it will reduce mains distortion before it gets into power conditioner. But still...
Unfortunately I haven't found any information about this on the web. There are many positive opinions about Isoplug but it looks like no one tried Isoplug in tandem with a traditional power conditioner like Isotek Aquarius, Sigmas, Titan etc.
Hi dubselect!
Thank you for your kind words.

I don't use the Isotek Super titan anymore. I got replaced by Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE that works even better in my system. I tried them side by side and the result was very clear. Even the blind test was clear.

Though the Isoplugs works in another way than the Super titan. So it's an additional effekt. Even Isoteks Syncro cable offers an additional effekt to Super Titan. It's reducing DC.

I tried this out for some years ago and the Isoplugs have just been doing their job since. But it can be an idea to try without them nowadays to see what happens.

As I'm told, they detect some electronic noice and reduces this. It's possible to measure that before and after and it's really working. I use them at the same electrical spot as my socket to the hole system. Two Isoplugs works better than one. So I use two of them.

Last edited by Apexorca; 07-31-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:01 AM

Thank you for the reply.

According to german "Stereo" magazine, IsoPlug GII reduces mains noise (I believe it includes RFI) by 5 db. Evo3 model is probably more effective.

Yes, it looks like the purpose of such devices (which are called parallel filters) is to reduce the mains noise before it gets to audio devices or power conditioners.

BTW, I contacted Nordost and asked them about Qv2/Qk1. They replied that these devices will probably be ineffective in tandem with power conditioner and especially power regenerator (if they are connected before these devices). So I decided to opt for IsoPlug. Unfortunately Isotek canceled the production of NeoPlug which was more effective then IsoPlug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
I don't use the Isotek Super titan anymore. I got replaced by Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE that works even better in my system. I tried them side by side and the result was very clear. Even the blind test was clear.
Amazing. Maybe you can improve the quality of your mains even further by adding a power regenerator to your system. These devices do things that no power conditioner can.

Quote:
But it can be an idea to try without them nowadays to see what happens.
It would be very interesting for me.

Quote:
As I'm told, they detect some electronic noice and reduces this. It's possible to measure that before and after and it's really working. I use them at the same electrical spot as my socket to the hole system. Two Isoplugs works better than one. So I use two of them.
Do you always keep your IsoPlugs connected? I heard they run hot to touch. Is it true?
Is there any switch to turn IsoPlug off?
Old 08-01-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:

1- Amazing. Maybe you can improve the quality of your mains even further by adding a power regenerator to your system. These devices do things that no power conditioner can...

2- Do you always keep your IsoPlugs connected? I heard they run hot to touch. Is it true?...

3- Is there any switch to turn IsoPlug off?
1- One problem with generators is high current products as amplifiers that needs a lot of power and also needs the power extremely quickly. I'v heard power regenerators that works very fine with front end products but not with big amplifiers.

2- They are always connected and they does not get hot.

3- No switch.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:08 PM

Thank you very much, Apexorca. The experience you shared is very helpful for me!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much, Apexorca. The experience you shared is very helpful for me!
Thank you, it pleases me.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:47 AM

Due to "problems" with Phototobucket and that they charge a lot if you want to share pictures from their site, every user risk that all their links are useless soon.
Therefore, all my pictures in this thread probably disappears soon and I'll thinking about how to handle my pictures in this forum in the future.

Any Ideas???

Therefore, no mor pictures for a while.

__________________________________________________ ________

I have just made an upgrade.

I have been using the standard power cord to my Brinkmann RöNt power supply.
You know, the power from wall outlet is cleaned before the power cord , and RöNt is supplying the motor to my turntable and the turntable is spinning due to the rubber belt.

How is it possible that the power cord in this case can make a different???

It does! I changed to Nordost Valhalla Power cord and the sound gets better. You can here more of all the characteristics that the upgrade to Brinkmann RöNt is already doing.
Better separation, better sond stage, a smoothness in the hole presentation.

In my opinion this is a clear and important upgrade.

Last edited by Apexorca; 08-21-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:58 PM

I'v just been haunted... from the sound of Studer. Reel To Reel.
Master tape copies, a Studer B67 (And other pro-tapemachines) in great conditions and that's probably one of the best source you can have.

The last 5-6 years I'v been listening to Tape recorders more frequently by friends and in HiFi-shows. The last 2 years the trend is established. The show in Münich this year, was a game changer. Almost every room with ambitions were running a reel to reel tape recorders. And it's almost always fantastic. The clue is master tape copies and of course a good player properly adjusted.

One of my friends recently made a memorable demonstration in his home with very well matched Hi-End gear. At the starting line there were 3 top class vinyl players

and 4 reel to reel tape recorders, 3 Studer and one Nagra.

His sound with vinyl were incredible good. A music presentation like few others.
We switched to Studer and Nagra. WOW!!!!! Is this possible?

This was really something else. So close to the recording session through Hi-End gear have I never been.

This test was one of my five most important HiFi experience in my life. It's one thing to listen to Master tape in a HiFi show and on other thing to do it in a dedicated, carefully matched system and with clear and clever comparisons with other sources.

The analogue trend is probably growing and even Tape recorders gets a part of the attention.
And that's fair. The hunt for the best possible sound must go through a professional reel to real tape recorder. I'm sure of it.
These machines don't not have to be new. These kind of old tape recorders like Studer and others is possible to use if they have been proper reconditioned.
The only problems are the price of master copies and the problem to find good titles.

Now I'v become a R2R hunter.

Last edited by Apexorca; 09-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Life is beautiful

Great report!
And I'm glad you forgot you posted that you wouldn't post pictures anymore.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 09-16-2017, 07:14 PM

Thank you bart!

I'll try to add some more pictures. But Photobucket has promised to shut down links to pictures stored in Photobucket. Therefore I risk that all my pictures in this forum are no longer possible to see.
I don't know what to do about it.

Last edited by Apexorca; 09-17-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:35 PM

Interesting video about STUDER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDj7k4R4hoM