AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM

Chessman, thanks

Cédric
Old 11-30-2018, 07:15 PM
Retired

You can always contact WW thru their website. They are very responsive to inquiries.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 03-18-2019, 03:28 PM

Default need help in the cable jungle

I found some videos on youtube that show the different cables and their size.
This might be useful. But I am late with that remark, I know.
Eclipse, Silver Eclipse and Gold Eclipse have about the same size. Mini Eclipse is much smaller. And Platinum is much bigger.
Right?

Some cables from the 7 series are on sale, and I am wondering if I should get one (yes, two, I should get two). But, what are their sound charateristics?
I have the different Powercords (Stratus, Aurora, Electra, Silver Electra) and the sound is clearly different (besides from being better). This must be related to the differences of composition: copper, and copper with silver, and silver, etc.
Question: the sonic picture of the mini-Eclipse, Eclipse and Silver Eclipse must be more neutral, and more or less the same, but that of the Gold Eclipse (made of silver... very tricky) must be much more transparent, no?
Yes, I know, I should buy the Platinum Eclipse...
I already have the mini-Eclipse and wonder if I remain in the same sound character.
Any help?
Thanks!
Old 03-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuisunutopiste View Post
I found some videos on youtube that show the different cables and their size.
This might be useful. But I am late with that remark, I know.
Eclipse, Silver Eclipse and Gold Eclipse have about the same size. Mini Eclipse is much smaller. And Platinum is much bigger.
Right?
What is "much bigger" in your mind? Use google to look up the cross-sectional area of the various cables you have listed (both Kimber & WW list the 'gauge' of their cables) and see the difference. If that equates to "much bigger" to you, then you will know what you are looking at. However, you will also need to take into account the differences in both conductors used (Cu, Ag coated Cu & Ag) and the plastic insulation (a big factor in the 'size' of the cable) and conductor orientation. However, to actually 'test' the differences would quite expensive and you can't listen with someone else's ears. Based on info from Ivan, I went with two (2) 12' pairs of the Mini speaker cables to run a true bi-wire configuration from amp to speaker and could not be happier with the cost-effective results compared to any of the Eclipse bi-wire cables. They replaced a pair of Nordost "Valhalla-like" silver coated 'flat' wire cables and were a very noticeable step up in SQ. While I was a Kimber user in the past and received good support, WW (and Ivan's) support has been nothing but 'over the top' and I prefer what I'm hearing from WW today and have no reason to try another marque.
YMMV.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 03-19-2019, 05:32 PM

Thank you very much for these useful remarks.
I wonder if I am not getting more into the wireworld world!
Old 04-02-2019, 03:23 PM

Just plugged a pair of Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 speaker cables (that I just bought without testing, but after reading your comments) in my Focal Scala Utopia v2 speakers. Wow, this is a good cable! Can the Gold Eclipse or the Platinum Eclipse be much better?
Old 04-02-2019, 07:27 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Just plugged a pair of Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 speaker cables (that I just bought without testing, but after reading your comments) in my Focal Scala Utopia v2 speakers. Wow, this is a good cable! Can the Gold Eclipse or the Platinum Eclipse be much better?
Night and Day Better.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 04-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Retired

Quote:
Congrats!
Do know that my pair of Platinum 7 ICs are clearly a step up from my Silver & Gold 7s. Its only money.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:36 PM

Yes, I guess they are better. But I think the Silver Eclipse are about the level that is adequate between the smallest Accuphase pre-power-amp combo (2120-4200) and the smallest Utopia standing speakers ...
The day I get a pair of Grande Utopia and the 3850's with big mono-block A-class amps, I will think about the Platinum Eclipse loudspeaker cables... after a lotto win.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:06 AM
Member Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzoman View Post
I would like to buy a pair silver 7 speaker cables (second hand), so i don't know what correct and true for material with silver 7 connectors.
The seller told me that this cable with 24k gold connectors for amply and the other with silver connector for speaker (I took a picture for you). So in your web WW, we can see the conecctors for silver 7 speaker cables that all are silver.

I also care about the quality for kind of connectors from wireworld (OFC, silver, gold and platinum)

Please explain to me and thank you for helping me.

Become a subscriber to this forum and then you can reach out to Masterlu in regards to Wireworld cables.

Amp: MC1.2KW x 2, MC602, MC2300
Preamp: C52, MX136, C34V
Digital Source: Oppo BDP 105, Pioneer 47Ai, CAL MkII
Analog Source: MT10, Technics RS 1700
Speakers: VMPS Super Tower lll
Subwoofer: JL Audio F113
Power Cables: Wireworld Platinum Electra 7
Speaker Cables: Straightwire Serenade ll
Signal Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
Power Isolation: RGP 1200C
Rack: Adona Eris 9TW modified to Eris 12TW

Amp: Yamaha RX Z9