AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaefer11 View Post
Not trying to be a wise guy, but I have never found cable changes to be audible, unless they were broken and not passing a signal! I have never understood how you prevent all of the cheap copper wire in voice coils, transformers, internal wiring and printed circuit board traces etc. from messing up whatever good the expensive cables are supposed to be doing?
The answer is isolation. That by itself will eliminate artifact(60 cycle interference) and transit noise from your AC. I have brand new wiring in my house with 20A plugs with wall surge protection throughout, and I still notice some noise associated with the above mentioned issues. Adding a additional 40A surge protection power strip to both of my systems completely eliminated this issue without the additional expense of having to purchase new power cords for each and every component. For those with not so new wiring in their homes it's time to at least upgrade your AC for your home hi fi system(s) to 20A outlets with wall surge protection. Make sure everything is grounded correctly.

Last edited by gregswaim; 06-16-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I really am not trying to say anyone isn't hearing what they say they hear. So no crow need be served, although I usually like mine crispy, like duck.

Just have never understood how if the signal is flowing from point A to point B, and the new cable changes the signal coming into it, wouldn't the wiring in the next device in the chain change what came out of the new cable? For example, there is something like 50 feet of plain old copper wire in the voice coil of a woofer. Wouldn't that have a negative affect on the signal coming out of 8ft. of high end speaker wire?

A Wireworld forum might be just the place to get this answered?
Remember that some cables/interconnects prevent some signals or frequency's to pass while others only allow some to pass. Some try and reduce/eliminate RFI. The signal that gets to that voice coil may not be what headed in that direction.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Another skeptic among us? Funny how the skeptics always doubt and over think the whole process of how a cable or a power cord could possibly make a difference, yet when they finally try for themselves, the first reaction is usually "wow". David, care to add your thoughts on this?
I'm not sure over thinking is one of my traits.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

1) No need to understand it. How many people understand how an FET or MOSFET works?

2) The only thing that matters is what you hear with or without said cable.

3) BTW, electronic equipment does have a "memory" that can see back 3-5'. This is why a 2.0M power cable is the ideal length.

4) We are in the Wireworld Forum.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES

Last edited by Masterlu; 06-16-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Against the Tide

Quote:
Not trying to be a wise guy, but I have never found cable changes to be audible, unless they were broken and not passing a signal! I have never understood how you prevent all of the cheap copper wire in voice coils, transformers, internal wiring and printed circuit board traces etc. from messing up whatever good the expensive cables are supposed to be doing?

Some do-Some don't, Some will-Some won't. If you substitute the word component for cable in your first sentence, there are millions of people pleased with their iPods.

They should be happy knowing that they never heard any difference.

For me, I love music and want to get every last ounce of performance from my system.

I do have a question-Have you ever tried an expensive power cord or cable on your system?.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipschfan View Post

Some do-Some don't, Some will-Some won't. If you substitute the word component for cable in your first sentence, there are millions of people pleased with their iPods.

They should be happy knowing that they never heard any difference.

For me, I love music and want to get every last ounce of performance from my system.

I do have a question-Have you ever tried an expensive power cord or cable on your system?.
Well, that depends on how you define expensive. Having been at this game for 40 years, I was trying cables and tweaks when thick speaker wire from Monster cable was considered a tweak. Even if I did not try what you might call expensive, I have tried so many different cables and interconnects that I would have thought I would have at least heard a difference, even if it was for the worst, in 40 years.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
1) No need to understand it. How many people understand how an FET or MOSFET works?

2) The only thing that matters is what you hear with or without said cable.

3) BTW, electronic equipment does have a "memory" that can see back 3-5'. This is why a 2.0M power cable is the ideal length.

4) We are in the Wireworld Forum.
I did know we were in the Wireword Forum. How does one type a rhetorical question?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

$500 says I have a Power Cable that will "curl your toes"
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
$500 says I have a Power Cable that will "curl your toes"
able to leap threads in a single bound....
Old 06-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Well, that depends on how you define expensive. Having been at this game for 40 years, I was trying cables and tweaks when thick speaker wire from Monster cable was considered a tweak. Even if I did not try what you might call expensive, I have tried so many different cables and interconnects that I would have thought I would have at least heard a difference, even if it was for the worst, in 40 years.
I know the feeling, be there done that too. The reality is that only a few actually deliver and they're not the really expensive ones that cost as much as house either. Lots of marketing hype in this area.
Here a some brands that you may want to look at for speaker and interconnect stuff: Bybee(speaker spades), Kubala -Sosna(interconnects & speaker cables), DNM with Eichmann bullet plugs(interconnects), Crimson(speaker cables and interconnects). These products actually work, in my opinion.