Old 06-04-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianle View Post
Holly cow! Nice speakers!!!
Thank you brianle!
Old 06-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Racing Hoopties

The thread of continued inspiration!
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 06-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Just Pure Lucky

Early Sunday morning around 6AM, I ran across this wonderful thread. After the first two pages, I knew I had to read them all. So, briefly stopping to make some coffee and then resume.

Just wonderful and confirms my belief I have as I read your obsession with power conditioning & associated connectors. Took me awhile to find what I believe works best in my system but you have opened a few new components that I may look into. Not easy nor inexpensive to audition in the home.

I was fortunate to have some Nordost Odin speaker cables and 2 power cables to audition in the house and I could not believe the micro details they provided. However, they are out of my reach financially, so they went back to Holliston, Massachusetts. If ever affordable, I'm in line.

You had many experiments with gear and the like, but one that grabbed my attention was the Sylomer foam under the TT corners.

You have started my Sunday on a bright light & will follow your journey into the future. Just an awesome setup you have. Thanks, sir.

Best to you,

Bob

P.S. I know you don't care for selfies, but do you wish to share your first name?
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit.
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution Bar:Shunyata Everest 8000 w/Omega XC Power Cable.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110 ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.

Last edited by vintage_tube; 06-04-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
The thread of continued inspiration!
Thank you crwilli. It makes me happy.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Early Sunday morning around 6AM, I ran across this wonderful thread. After the first two pages, I knew I had to read them all. So, briefly stopping to make some coffee and then resume.

Just wonderful and confirms my belief I have as I read your obsession with power conditioning & associated connectors. Took me awhile to find what I believe works best in my system but you have opened a few new components that I may look into. Not easy nor inexpensive to audition in the home.

I was fortunate to have some Nordost Odin speaker cables and 2 power cables to audition in the house and I could not believe the micro details they provided. However, they are out of my reach financially, so they went back to Holliston, Massachusetts. If ever affordable, I'm in line.

You had many experiments with gear and the like, but one that grabbed my attention was the Sylomer foam under the TT corners.

You have started my Sunday on a bright light & will follow your journey into the future. Just an awesome setup you have. Thanks, sir.

Best to you,

Bob

P.S. I know you don't care for selfies, but do you wish to share your first name?
Hi Bob!
Thank you very much! To share and get inspired by others in this hobby is essential. It's not easy to go forward alone. I'v learned a lot from this forum and the Swedish Euphonia forum. I'm glad that I inspired you.
If you're interested in trying sylomer. I'm quite sure about that it works best if you use a heavy stone (Diabas) under the HiFi-unit and sylomer under the stone. Try to find a dealer ore an engineering firm that can help you to calculate what type and shape they should be due to the load. But, thats just a guide. Quite often i found it's better to have it a bit stiffer. Under the Turntable the stone is even more important and that the resonant frequency is lower than 20Hz. At least it's a good start.
If you want's to make it easy... buy HRS isolation bases. But then you miss the experience, some more money and all the fun...

best regards.

/Carl
Old 06-11-2017, 02:40 PM

Some more tweeks that pushed my music reproduction forward one more step are more Diabas stones and HRS Nimbus.

3kg Diabas under each unit Einstein The Turntables Choice and one HRS Nimbus under each unit. Nimbus are wide and kan be used as single under small units.

20kg Diabas under The Purist Audio AC Extension LE and 3 HRS Nimbus under that.

Some would say that I should move EAR HP4 due to a number of reasons. I probably will when I figured out how...
Electromagnetic fields from Extension LE is not present so EAR HP4 will not be musically harmed from it.

These two tweeks made the transients faster and more dynamic as well as the background got more black.
The music presentation now is more relaxed, powerful and present.

Off course I'm talking about quit small changes but they are easy to detect. Very well worth it.

It's the sum if many small changes in the right direction that makes the system go from very good to excellent.

Last edited by Apexorca; 06-11-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:01 PM

Hello Apexorca!

Firstly, what a wonderful system you have!

Don't know if you noticed my question about Isotek Isoplug in the "Isotek evo3 super titan" thread.

As I can understand you still use two Isoplugs with Super Titan/Nordost Thor. I would like to know where did you place Isoplugs? Right in the wall sockets which are near to the one that feeds Super Titan/Thor?

I just wonder can Isoplug improve soundquality of a system which is already powered by a full-size power conditioner. Following the logic of clean power it should as it will reduce mains distortion before it gets into power conditioner. But still...
Unfortunately I haven't found any information about this on the web. There are many positive opinions about Isoplug but it looks like no one tried Isoplug in tandem with a traditional power conditioner like Isotek Aquarius, Sigmas, Titan etc.