AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelius View Post
In the end audio is for most of us a hobby, and no matter how great your equipment is it can be very enjoyable to shake things up. I've had a Shindo Vosne-Romanee paired with a Haut-Brion almost exclusively for the last 6 months. Just this evening I took out the Haut-Brion and switched it out with a custom made (non-Shindo) GM-70 I've had for a few years. You know what, the music still sounds spectacular. I will always own Shindo but there are many paths to audio nirvana. I don't blame Jack Roberts for changing up his equipment at all. Trying new things is IMO all part of the journey. I sometimes think some people take the Shindo thing a bit too seriously.
Yes, very well said! I too have the VR and HB pairing that are truely wonderful, but there are times and music that mixing it up would be exciting. I've found the Shindo magic with the amps and no doubt it continues with source and speakers, but for me I've I've gone in different directions with source and speakers with excellent results and no regrets. I wouldn't doubt it if Shindo shows up again in Mr. Roberts reviews. Good to not take anything too seriously.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
I'll take that as a stab at my statements. To be clear, I do not know him and he may be lovely. He hold himself out as a journalist and, as such, is open to criticism as much as he is to adoration and respect. If you are suggesting that I should show up at Yoshi's to express my opinion that I do not find either his writing or reviews to be of a high caliber, I would disagree.

Also, again, to be clear...do not take my opinion as borne from some fan boy lunacy. I've fallen out of Shindo before and come back to the brand and enjoy currently several other brands of gear including *gasp* an all digital all Meridian system in my family room. In fact, I have in the past sent a letter to 6moons criticizing them for publishing reviewers of Shindo when the reviewer was clearly friendly with the Shindo team. JH and I had different points of view...so there you go. I'm a fan and I honestly like JH and MR and enjoy our friendly interactions. Please read my comments in that light.
I'm not sure that Mr. Roberts would purport himself to be journalist in the strict sense of the word, but a reviewer. The two are different; journalists report facts, reviewers report impressions imbued with their own personal sensibilities. In effect, their reviews are more "op-ed" pieces than news stories.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I'm not sure that Mr. Roberts would purport himself to be journalist in the strict sense of the word, but a reviewer. The two are different; journalists report facts, reviewers report impressions imbued with their own personal sensibilities. In effect, their reviews are more "op-ed" pieces than news stories.
OK, fine. A published audio reviewer. Whatever you prefer.