AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 04-01-2016, 05:26 PM

I did the same - sub panel and dedicated 29a circuits with GTX sockets. For me it was a huge step up in sound quality and bass output. I assume the very long run of 14g previously with many sockets along the way was starving my system.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:08 PM

Can someone that's installed or examined the latest Furutech 105-D NCF wall plate explain the following detail from the Furutech description?

"Important notice for customers using the 105-D NCF outlet cover with GTX Wall Plate: for improved sonic performance, the 105-D NCF has been designed not to sit on the base of the GTX Wall Plate and the Teflon sheet is not required when fixing the 105-D NCF to the GTX Wall Plate."

What exactly is this saying? Is it NOT designed to be used with the GTX Wall Plate? The quote seems to say that improved sonic performance is obtained by not placing the 105-D on the wall plate. What is the included Teflon Sheet supposed to be used for?

I'm thinking of ordering the wall plates but unclear with how they are best designed to be installed - with or without wall plates and with or without a teflon sheet.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 01-25-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Can someone that's installed or examined the latest Furutech 105-D NCF wall plate explain the following detail from the Furutech description?

"Important notice for customers using the 105-D NCF outlet cover with GTX Wall Plate: for improved sonic performance, the 105-D NCF has been designed not to sit on the base of the GTX Wall Plate and the Teflon sheet is not required when fixing the 105-D NCF to the GTX Wall Plate."

What exactly is this saying? Is it NOT designed to be used with the GTX Wall Plate? The quote seems to say that improved sonic performance is obtained by not placing the 105-D on the wall plate. What is the included Teflon Sheet supposed to be used for?

I'm thinking of ordering the wall plates but unclear with how they are best designed to be installed - with or without wall plates and with or without a teflon sheet.
That quote from Furutech sure seems to contradict itself.
I have the wall plate and 105-D NCF cover and intend to use them together. I just may not use the Teflon sheet. Curious what Ivan's take on this is. He sold several packages together (105-D NFC + GTX Wall Plate + GTX-D NCF Receptacle) last year and that's how I'm going to be installing mine (this weekend FINALLY).
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali
Amps: McIntosh MC2301
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C1100
Tubes: Genalex Gold Lions
Digital: PS Audio DirectStream Junior: Roon Ready
Signal Cables: WireWorld XLR's
Speakers: Canton Reference K3's
Speaker cables: WW Silver Eclipse 7
Analog: Dr. Feickert Woodpecker+Kuzma 4-point+Miyajima ETR-MONO SUT & Miyajima Infinity (Mono) // Hana Umami (Stereo)
Tweaks: Shakti Stones, GIK Panels, IsoAcoustics Feet
Old 01-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventoux View Post
That quote from Furutech sure seems to contradict itself.
I have the wall plate and 105-D NCF cover and intend to use them together. I just may not use the Teflon sheet. Curious what Ivan's take on this is. He sold several packages together (105-D NFC + GTX Wall Plate + GTX-D NCF Receptacle) last year and that's how I'm going to be installing mine (this weekend FINALLY).
The teflon sheet is not needed. The 105-D is slightly larger than the GTX Wall plate recessed cut out. So it sort of "floats" on the plate.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
The teflon sheet is not needed. The 105-D is slightly larger than the GTX Wall plate recessed cut out. So it sort of "floats" on the plate.
Yes, I've been following that thread as well, Thanks!
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali
Amps: McIntosh MC2301
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C1100
Tubes: Genalex Gold Lions
Digital: PS Audio DirectStream Junior: Roon Ready
Signal Cables: WireWorld XLR's
Speakers: Canton Reference K3's
Speaker cables: WW Silver Eclipse 7
Analog: Dr. Feickert Woodpecker+Kuzma 4-point+Miyajima ETR-MONO SUT & Miyajima Infinity (Mono) // Hana Umami (Stereo)
Tweaks: Shakti Stones, GIK Panels, IsoAcoustics Feet
Old 01-26-2018, 01:06 PM

I am using the Furutech GTX/NCF-R outlets for each of my Mcintosh 2301 mono's, and also for all my source components. I could not be happier with the sonic results and improvement to micro-dynamics and tone these made to my system. But keep in mind, they do need a fair amount of burn in before they start to open up and perform at their best.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:12 PM

Installed a burned in NCF-R receptacle.....does nothing. Another waste of money.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWNG8 View Post
Installed a burned in NCF-R receptacle.....does nothing. Another waste of money.
What kind of receptacle was replaced?

A few years ago, I had compared the (non-NCF) Gold and Rhodium versions of the Furutech outlet and preferred the Gold, so I'm confident that those two sound different, at least.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 02-27-2018, 02:53 PM

^ I'm not sure of the make of it. It was aftermarket but there is no name on it. It was blue in color.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:03 PM

Default New Furutech GTX/NCF-R outlets in the House

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWNG8 View Post
^ I'm not sure of the make of it. It was aftermarket but there is no name on it. It was blue in color.

Was it the Fim 880 (First In Music)?IMG_1344.JPG

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion