AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 06-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbags View Post
This makes me happy!

Joshua.......Man, oh man. You are certainly setting a high performance bar.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-10-2018, 09:36 PM

Hello,
I purchased my first McIntosh system which consist of a C-2600 pre-amp, a a pair of 611's and a MCD-350. I am curious and would like to ask for any opinions or thoughts if there is any actual sonic change or perceived change after a so called "break-in" time? I have read a lot of opinions on the subject through the years and not sure what to believe. I have only had about 4 hours of listening on the system so far. I would appreciate any observations or experience with this topic.
thanks
Gary
Old 08-11-2018, 12:49 AM

Hello Sandman. Welcome to AA!

I owned the C2600 for a few months. Excellent preamp. It took about 80-100 hours or so for things to smooth over. First 20 hours IMO was a tad thin and bright. Really starting coming together around that 80 hour mark though.

I own 601's (previous model). They actually needed LESS break-in time compared to my MC452's. The 601's actually sounded pretty fabulous from the get go but after around 50 hours it was stunning.

Play some music and enjoy and don't get too caught up in nuances this early on. Listen of course and be amazed at what your ears hear.

Best of Luck!
Old 08-11-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Hello,
I purchased my first McIntosh system which consist of a C-2600 pre-amp, a a pair of 611's and a MCD-350. I am curious and would like to ask for any opinions or thoughts if there is any actual sonic change or perceived change after a so called "break-in" time? I have read a lot of opinions on the subject through the years and not sure what to believe. I have only had about 4 hours of listening on the system so far. I would appreciate any observations or experience with this topic.
thanks
Gary
I agreed with Tim.
I have a pair of 611s driving B&W 802D3. Out of the box, the combo sound good, and get better every day. Now after ~100 hours of break-in, they sound incredible to my ears. I was skeptical at first, but now I believe the amplifiers and speakers do have a marked sonic improvement after ~100 hours or so of "break-in".
Old 08-11-2018, 08:29 AM

Smile Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Hello,
thanks
Gary
I’ve had my C2600 for over a year now and it does improve with time but it is good from the start.

One thing to remember is that every system has its own sonic signature. From your power outlet to your interconnects, speakers and room acoustics and everything in between.

Trust your ears and have fun. What others consider gospel may not work for you.

Over forty years of stereo fever has taken me to be real happy with my C2600 MC452 MP1100 setup. Went to AXPONA again this year and of the over 100 rooms maybe three would make me consider changing my system but the expense wouldn’t justify it.

Mcintosh MX-151, C2600, MP1100, MC452 and MC205. SALK Streamer III Galibier Stelvio II turntable with Durand Kairos w/ Lyra Kleos and Abis 1.2 w/ Koetsu Black tonearms, Salk Song3 A fronts, Song 3 CC, Vapor Breeze Rears and 2 15" Rhythmic Subs Epson Projector
Old 05-02-2019, 06:37 AM

Just received my new 611's and installed last week. As I am in the process of moving splitting my time has not allowed much time for break in on the amps. Our move will be complete by next month.
I have been a McIntosh proponent and admirer for 40+ plus years having owned C-28, C-32, MC275 and other setups. Mac makes some of the best tube stuff out there, however I prefer the sound of SS components. Does anyone out there have their 611"s teamed with a SS preamp such as the C52? I would welcome any recommendations that would maximize my components.

Last edited by Ruger2; 05-02-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added photo
Old 05-02-2019, 11:47 AM

NICE!!! Love the Logans!
Old 05-02-2019, 02:17 PM

Thank you sir I love the Logans also. I will say the 611's take up a lot of "real estate" but I love them also. I'll take better pictures after I install the MEN 220 and post accordingly.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:19 PM

Wow, that's a nice looking room and setup!

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 05-02-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger2 View Post
I will say the 611's take up a lot of "real estate" but I love them also.
Well relatively speaking, not so much and after all, it's all about the sound.
Great System!
Enjoy Your Sounds!