AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion > Completed Marketplace Sales

Completed Marketplace Sales Memorable AA Sales threads

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 07:49 AM

BUMP...I have these listed for 45K elsewhere so the 43K price is already a great deal,....hope someone can put a deal together with me. You will be amazed at what these speakers put out, truly world class, SOTA musical playback!
Old 08-09-2018, 07:07 AM

FS: TAD R1 MKIIs in MINT Condition, all original OEM parts docs, spikes, etc..AND Stillpoint Ultra5s

Due to a very positive life event that came up by chance, we are selling our home in a transaction we could not say no to. We've also had a grandchild come into our lives who lives north of us and we are spending more time in the mountains north of us.

As a result, our life will go into transition for about 2 years while we buy land, design our hopefully final home, etc... as a result R1s are simply not able to be accomodated and I won't store them due to all the things that can go wrong for that long a period of time.

They are a truly world-class speaker and 'reference' / "state of the art" in terms of their musical reproduction capability. There are ample reviews and user stories out there to support all this.

Looking to sell them to a serious music lover; if you are looking at this, you know what these speakers represent!

I have the original OEM custom pallets (they're heavy duty with a sophisticated speaker locking setup), cartons, grilles, paperwork, tools, velvet covers, TAD spikes and footers). I'll throw in a full set (6) of like-new Stillpoint ULTRA5 footers plus spikes that really set these off visually and sonically. That's almost a $3K value additionally...

I am the original owner; they were sourced through an authorized TAD dealer here in the US and shipped direct from TAD in Japan to me in mid-December 2016.

Buyer pays full shipping, insurance, lift gate service etc...I'd be open to buyer arranging the details as well to ensure you get exactly what you want otherwise I'll handle all logistics and communicate frequently with the buyer with full details. I'll pay a team a pro movers to help me pad, move and crate them up (about $500+ out of my pocket). US, Canada or International LTL shipping are all fine; it's up to the buyer to pay for shipping as noted above.

Each speaker crated and on its pallet is 36" x 36" x 59" and 390 lbs dimensional and actual weight, total shipment is 2 such pallets, full shipment weight is 780 pounds. These can ship by sea, air standard or express and LTL truck freight (in the US/Canada).

TAD official MSRP is $98,000 USD, I'm including $3,000 worth Ultra5 footers and spikes for a total MSRP of $101,000 USD as of today. They are exactly as shown in these pictures on my system thread, i.e. like new condition. They have not moved since I finalized their setup after receiving them in December 2016.

I have these on Agon now for $47,750 including Paypal fees. For forum members transacted here, my asking price is $45,750 USD including Paypal fees at or near my offer price. Suffice it to say you will save a huge amount versus the retail price of these speakers, shipment from Japan and the wait time (1-2 months is the norm).

If you are open to direct Bank to Bank Wire Transfer, we can accomodate the Paypal fees saved into a best offer price however I have no issue securing this transaction through Paypal for both parties' benefit per the above.

I'm looking for a more reasonable form factor full range speaker or high performance monitory in the interim to tide me over but trades plus cash are not really what I am looking for unless it's an exceptional speaker in terms of how it fits my new plans.

*Please note the Audiogon BlueBook has no history graphed for these and the retail price is wrong as of the date I listed this ad so pricing history there is not reliable. Consult manufacturer's pricing and other sources for history.

For transaction history, ratings, and how I take care of every transaction be it the many sales or the few buys I've done please see Agon, userID 'zephyr24069'.

Thank you for looking!
Old 08-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Racing Hoopties

Awesome offer on incredible speakers. Best of luck with the sale and on your move.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Awesome offer on incredible speakers. Best of luck with the sale and on your move.
Thank you!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Fantastic seller. Can’t miss with Mark.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:24 PM

Thank you!
Old 08-18-2018, 08:59 AM

BUMP! These beauties are still available and need a good home!

45,750 OBRO, all terms, etc...as explained below....
Old 08-18-2018, 09:32 AM

Streetspirit.... upgrade time. Are you there Mitch
Old 08-19-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
Streetspirit.... upgrade time. Are you there Mitch
The thought has crossed my mind...!

Mitch
Old 09-02-2018, 08:36 AM

***HOLIDAY WEEKEND (USA) PRICE DROP: $42,500 USD, all other terms as mentioned below.
Trades plus cash for certain speakers would be considered.
Closed Thread