AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 06-29-2020, 01:43 PM

Default Pitfalls of Science

The theoretical physicists of our age are colliding protons at ever increasing energies looking for the New Physics. They are discovering nothing. I believe there's a New Physics "out there" but it has nothing to do with their equations or experiments. What is dark matter? What is dark energy? They have zero idea. The conventional Big Bang has now been disproved because the universe has been shown to be infinite in size. There are an infinite number of galaxies. They go on forever. Thus, there could be no infinitely small singularity (the Big Bang) to expand from, if the universe is infinitely large. In a finite length of time you can't go from infinitely small to infinitely large no matter how fast the expansion, unless the expansion has infinite acceleration.

So theoretical physics is dead. They just don't want you to know it. In addition, medical science is dead. Its failure to understand mutation and aging as diseases and not the byproduct of evolution renders it as dead and useless as theoretical physics. If we did not die of aging, we would all eventually die of cancer because of the ever-increasing number of mutations within our bodies. One hundred years from now we will still be dying of the same diseases and our life expectancy will not have increased. This is a bleak outlook.

We receive our vaccines and medicines like grateful sheep thankful to beat back the cancer, heart failure, COPD, or whatever for a few extra years and then go quietly to our graves. We accept death as the byproduct of evolution, not knowing that our genome is missing 99% of its genes and that this is the reason we die.

p.s. The death of Art Dudley shocked me. I did not know him personally but felt him a fine man and great writer and editor. Dead of metastatic cancer. "Fine" one day dead the next. Literally. When I began my medical career I had high hopes for medicine and humanity. When I look back over the course of 40 years I see a healthcare system that cares much more about profit and endless treatments than cures. It would be devastating for our healthcare system to cure cancer. Think of all the money it would loose.

Last edited by Charles; 06-29-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:52 PM

Curious if the Nobel Prizes have to be returned for past discoveries that turn out to be false...
Old 06-29-2020, 01:55 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Curious if the Nobel Prizes have to be returned for past discoveries that turn out to be false...

Ha! I was wondering the same thing.

Quite a bleak picture you are painting Charles. Yet still, the questions remain.

What, How & Why?
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 06-29-2020, 02:06 PM

We know not how the particles that make up the atoms survived the Big Bang in the first place as they should have been annihilated. How inflation started or how it ended or if it even happened at all... There is a revolution coming in the science of cosmology for sure.

But perhaps it is futile to even ponder such questions we may never be able to answer... Imagine the sim characters inside a computer simulation game trying to figure out their true origins... That can not be resolved or accomplished...
Old 06-29-2020, 02:23 PM

Expanding on the thought of the SIM characters... Even if they work out their beginning to the moment of the BIG BANG as their world came to be... (the moment the computer/device was turned on and program started running) They will never be able to resolve any further.

They will never know who plugged the computer in or who designed the program to begin with, not that they would be able to jump the barrier of knowledge between the first spark and the higher power responsible for all the other necessary events leading up to that moment.

I say this with from a completely agnostic point of view and having nothing to do with religion. Although of course science and religion may very well run parallel to each other without realizing exactly how much that can be so...

Last edited by PHC1; 06-29-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Absolutely not. There have been great discoveries. I hope there are more. I hope for better treatments. But when all is said and done my lifespan is 76 years. I hope for more but I am a realist. I'm not against science but I think it for the most part has turned into a racket. I'm very sorry to say that. I love science. I love medicine. I hate what both have become. Unfortunately, there is not treatment for death.

In medicine the most important thing is the differential diagnosis. If when you are seeing a patient with a complaint the possibilities are not in your differential, you are sunk. There were probably only two or three times in my long career that this was the case. It is axiomatic that you can't give the best treatment without the best diagnosis. It is the absolute key to medicine.

Here lies the crux of the problem for modern medicine. It has failed to consider a malfunctioning genome as the root cause of all human disease. It has failed to recognize mutation and aging as diseases caused by a malfunctioning genome. I did not come to this conclusion "overnight". It came from many years of independent study of biochemistry, human genome organization, and physiology. I well remember a vital conversation sitting in a Starbucks near Vanderbilt University 7-8 years ago with a brilliant graduate biochemistry student working on his doctorate assigned to me by the Chair of the Biochemistry department. I asked him: "Are you certain in regards to protein translation, there is no other mechanism than diffusion??". I would challenge you to go to a reference biochem text and find a discussion of the role of diffusion in regards to Replication, Transcription, or Translation. It's not there. It took him some research but he finally produced a detailed paper on the role diffusion plays in these critical cellular processes.

I will tell you plainly that until medicine recognizes aging and mutation as absolutely fundamentally abnormal, i.e as diseases caused by cellular malfunction at the most basic level, no real progress will ever be made. One hundred years from now the human lifespan will still be 78 years and if cancer don't getcha, aging will.

Last edited by Charles; 06-29-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:36 PM

PhC1, I respect your views tremendously. I hope you understand that medicine and science have agendas. I believe you do. Your world view greatly influences your interpretation of data. Medicine and science come from a world view that prevents them from having mutation and aging as part of their differential diagnosis. To medicine and science neither are abnormal and neither can be diseases. I hope you get that.

I am a student of science and medicine. I did not arrive at this conclusion quickly. Although it seems quite obvious, it is anything but. Gotta go for a walk.

Best,

Charles
Old 06-29-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
PhC1, I respect your views tremendously. I hope you understand that medicine and science have agendas. I believe you do. Your world view greatly influences your interpretation of data. Medicine and science come from a world view that prevents them from having mutation and aging as part of their differential diagnosis. To medicine and science neither are abnormal and neither can be diseases. I hope you get that.

I am a student of science and medicine. I did not arrive at this conclusion quickly. Although it seems quite obvious, it is anything but. Gotta go for a walk.

Best,

Charles
There are almost always agendas so why should science and medicine especially be excluded? While I get the selfish desire of living longer, 100, 200, 300 years... but if that was possible to achieve, even that would soon not be enough and people would want to achieve immortality...

That in itself brings tremendous challenges. With 8 Billion population on this planet and half living in extreme poverty, increasing our bio-load on this planet exponentially would only end up in everyone's life being cut right back down, probably in a catastrophic event...

I do not see how our civilization is anywhere near ready for longer living or especially immortality. We need to address our EGO's first and then work on lifespan that has already been doubled from 30 years of age to 72 over the last few hundred years.

Perhaps that is why certain questions we have remain unanswered and out of reach as they do not fit the grand plan or program.

Last edited by PHC1; 06-29-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:51 PM
Racing Hoopties

Or evolve into a partial living / partial mechanical entity as some have suggested is our destiny.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 06-29-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Or evolve into a partial living / partial mechanical entity as some have suggested is our destiny.
I don’t believe in the living forever through downloading and transplanting your memories/consciousness into a computer or similar approach.

Recent experiments have shown that we make decisions a split second before there is any detectable brain activity sort of confirming (for me at least) that our higher consciousness is not present in our physical bodies.

I do believe in the higher collective consciousness living out all the possible experiences, good and bad at the same time through our biological bodies. The universe itself is suspect to be conscious and is probably part of the collective realm in this dimension.

Once we prove the universe is laid out in elegant math... it’s all over for the happening by random chance theory

Last edited by PHC1; 06-29-2020 at 04:44 PM.