AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 AM

Default My CLX/Bricasti System

My music room started with electronics from McIntosh MCD-500 SACD player, 402 amp and some very basic Nordost products. The Speakers at the time were Martin Logan Summit X's with Descent i subs. Got to the point that I was just sick and tired of being the manual playlist creator using my legs swapping discs. Thought that it was a good time sound quality wise to move to all digital. Went to 2015 Axpona with the mission to find a good music server and DAC. Ended up purchasing a Aurender N10 and a Bricasti M1. Since then have updated the Aurender, Amps, Speakers, subs and DAC.

A big believer in cables, grounding, correct phase setting for the subs and room treatments. As I moved up the Nordost line the sound just got better and better with eventually ending up with mostly Odin 2 cables. Same with grounding started with Silver Tellus Entreq box then moved to the Nordost QKore 6 combined with an earth ground made a nice improvement in the darkness of the background and low noise. The room treatments were a bit of a surprise as I heard they helped but did not experience it until I started to experiment. First with the front and first reflection the moved on to a bass trap and lastly the rear wall. The other tweak that made a huge difference was setting the correct phase for the subs. Never really understood how to set that correctly but there was an article in last years TAS sound that made a lot of sense to me. I did what they said and can't be happier with the results. My bass has never been better.

My room did not start out as a music room but was a basement to an addition. Yet it had 9' ceiling, almost completely surrounded by cement walls with dirt beyond and a cement floor. It was also a nice sized room of approx. 16'x25' with just a small window. I think being in a basement with a solid floor is the best sound I have gotten myself compared to a first floor set up.

My next move will probably be a Bricasti M21 (just auditioned it and it was fantastic!) and then just waiting on Aurender what they will be doing with the W20. Hopefully its has a front like the new A30 but unknown at this time.

Also sorry in advance can't seem to figure out how to get the rack picture or ceiling shot of Vanquish in the right orientation.

Moved the unused Nordost mostly Tyr 2, Summit X's and Decenti i's to a 7.2.2 media room. Since them updated the Summit X's to ML 13's, Vanquish Surrounds and added a couple of Oden power to the trunk. System mostly Parasound A31 and A23's with Anthem AVM60. Panel is a LG OLED 77'.

System: Martin Logan CLX's in Dark Cherry with Custom 30# weights each plus 2-212 subs / Aurender W20 Black using single AES connection / Special Bricasti All Blk M12 DAC with polished silver feet and front buttons - Grounded using Acoustic Revive RGC-24 ground conditioner / Special Bricasti M28's all Black with polished silver feet and front buttons / Nordost QKore 6 / Earth ground to 8' ground rod / RPG - BAD ARC Acoustical panels / All Nordost Accessories - 5 sets of QV2's & QK1's / All components supported on TC Kones including QKore 6 / QB8 base on a special custom base / Sort Fut supporting CLS'x, 212's, Rack, QB8 and QKore also not pictured the shelf the M12 is on / 2-QX4’s / All Odin power and interconnects except for V2 Power and interconnects for Subs and CLX's / 28 Sort Lifts /Mini 3 iPad / Furutech GTX-DNCF(R) duplex for main power in, hospital grade duplexes for QV2's and QK1's / LED lighting / Lovan rack / Synergistic Research Quantum Blue Fuse & Black Box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg System with LED.jpg (90.1 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg Main Rack.jpg (87.8 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg Natural LIghting.jpg (91.7 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg Media Room.jpg (88.2 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Wall with Pictures Covered.jpg (82.8 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Wall with Pictures.jpg (90.8 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg Vanquish with cover.jpg (97.0 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg Vanquish without cover.jpg (80.5 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by GW1800; 03-12-2019 at 02:24 PM.