AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 04-25-2015, 03:50 PM

Ricjor1,
It sounds like a great plan upgrading to plat. Digital and plat. IC first since they are still much more affordable than doing the plat. SC. You could always do the SC later and that'll be the end of it.
Good luck
Old 04-25-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic View Post
Ricjor1,
It sounds like a great plan upgrading to plat. Digital and plat. IC first since they are still much more affordable than doing the plat. SC. You could always do the SC later and that'll be the end of it.
Good luck
I received a .5 meter of Platinum IC today to go from my JR M525 amp to my Bricasti M1 DAC. The Platinum replaced a 1 meter pair of WW Silver. All I can say is, "I can't believe my ears"! I should have the Platinum AES and a Platinum USB cable in a week. This hobby/obsession isn't fair.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:03 PM

I can't justify purchasing Platinum SCs, they would cost more than my speakers. I really understand why people spend so much money on cables now...hearing in your own system can make you a believer. I still can't believe changing one cable has so much impact.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:12 PM

That's fantastic Ricjor... they are such a brilliant improvement over the Silver Eclipse... but yes, there is also that crazy price differential.

Great move. I hope more plat comes your way.

Last edited by audiot servant; 04-25-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:26 PM

Thanks audiot servant...I just can't explain it. No, not night and day different, but oh so much better that I can easily hear improvements across the audio spectrum. I just don't get it!

Last edited by Ricjor1; 04-25-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiot servant View Post
Ricjor,

Going from Silver Eclipse to Platinum in general is a significant shift in terms of an ultimate experience, specifics of the context of performance and also sadly in the painful tinge of their price.

Earlier this year I finished upgrading a loom to Platinum Eclipse with some Plat ICs and jumpers and the outcome is consistent with when I went from SE speakers cables and SE USB cables up to the Platinum Eclipse for speakers and for digital.

I now have a loom of both Platinum and Silver Eclipse (which is SE6)

The benefit with the SCs (which for me are the Wireworld strength) is most noticeable and allows you to appreciate the wins brought about in the smaller signal cables like the ICs, USB and the jumpers. The difference between the Plat and SE ICs make a fundamental shift in micro and macro dynamics, timbre, flow and a huge injection of life. They take the last traces of the mechanical process and just leave you with the musos.

More specifically in context there are significant benefits at both ends of extension, deep bass finds significantly extra depth, the midbass gets richer and up the top the air and presence are equally notably a winning feature.

Soundstage is another clear improver, larger and more defined and visceral in nature.

The noise floor drops and leaves a feeling of much greater chromatic difference in the sound that makes the SE seem in many ways more bleached and grey in comparison.

While they are of the same spirit there is no single area of the sound where the two cables are of the same level and at the huge price difference this just means their is something of value being delivered by each model.

In terms of whole experience beyond any individual compartment of performance the point of difference between Silver and Platinum eclipse is that SE makes for an engaging experience of really great hifi but the Plats make for a deeper experience in music.

Platinum Eclipse (especially in a whole loom) is one of those reference level products that is a tipping point into a very real musical experience.
I thought I would quote you, because you said it better than I can. I just want to say, yes, yes, yes to a more engaging experience with the Platinum. The Plats are new and can't imagine them getting better. I don't expect such gains going from the the Gold AES cable to Plat, but I still look forward to receiving the Plat AES cable. Your post and talking to a friend convinced me to purchase the Plat.