AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jim.......The Aurender N10 can access Tidal and Internet radio stations. There is no provision at this time that provide access to services like Spotify, LastFM, etc. A Sonos Connect zone player is good for that if it is important to you.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-27-2017, 04:04 PM

One thing I really like about using JRiver with my MacMini, is the digital equalizer in JRiver.
Can anything like this be used with the N10?
Old 04-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRO View Post
One thing I really like about using JRiver with my MacMini, is the digital equalizer in JRiver.
Can anything like this be used with the N10?
FRO.......No, the Aurender N10 sounds so good there is no need for digital EQ. The Mac Mini can use the help. There is no comparison between the Mac Mini and the N10. David (1KW) replaced his his Mac Mini with the new Aurender N100H and commented: "What's also a pleasant surprise is listening to a hi resolution file of Diana Krall, song Jimmie the piano key strokes can be heard along with the occasional sound of the pedal on the piano being stepped on . I never had this kind of resolution listening to this song. Sound stage is also bigger, mid high's seem brighter. If the sound is even better with the usb cable then with this halide bridge I'll be ecstatic."

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 04-27-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Richard.......The AES/EBU output is a SPDIF output that originates in the proprietary digital output section of the Aurender N10, just like the coaxial and Toslink outputs. It's time is controlled by the oven controlled crystal oscillator the same as the coaxial and Toslink digital outputs.
Hi Dan.
Here is the answer of Aurender about my question about the DAC inputs that slaves it to the W20 clock:
"If using the Dual AES output, the DAC is not “slaved” to the W20 clock signal – the DAC has it’s own clock which creates a PLL (phase locked loop) based on the incoming SPDIF signal from the W20."
As i understand, could be only on W20, the only signal that slaves the Dac to the Aurender clock is Spdif.
May be this differ on N10?

Last edited by Nacho; 04-27-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Nacho.......The W20 and the N10 have the same clock and clock function on the SPDIF outputs. Since this is an Aurender N10 thread I am not concerned with the Aurender W20 here. This might be a perfect opportunity to begin an Aurender W20 thread.

Last edited by jdandy; 04-27-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
FRO.......No, the Aurender N10 sounds so good there is no need for digital EQ. The Mac Mini can use the help. There is no comparison between the Mac Mini and the N10. David (1KW) replaced his his Mac Mini with the new Aurender N100H and commented: "What's also a pleasant surprise is listening to a hi resolution file of Diana Krall, song Jimmie the piano key strokes can be heard along with the occasional sound of the pedal on the piano being stepped on . I never had this kind of resolution listening to this song. Sound stage is also bigger, mid high's seem brighter. If the sound is even better with the usb cable then with this halide bridge I'll be ecstatic."
Like Dan said I was using a macmini, I then did a home demo of the Aurender . I was hoping to not notice a difference. I was so impressed with the Aurender that I ordered one to replace my macmini. The Aurender build quality is way better than the macmini as well. The power supply, USB circuit, the size of the buffer and hard drive are bigger and purpose built for playing music. The iPad app. is fantastic too. The support for this premium music server product is not dependent on only one person nor a huge computer company where music playing is for the low end mass market.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Richard....... Remember, when using USB output of the N10 the DAC controls the time. When using the coaxial, Toslink, or AES/EBU outputs of the N10 the music server controls the time.
Hi Dan.
I was only contributing the information provided by Aurender that AES/EBU doesn't control the DAC clock.
Regards.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Hi Dan.
I was only contributing the information provided by Aurender that AES/EBU doesn't control the DAC clock.
Regards.
Nacho.......I understand and meant no offense. I just want to keep this thread focused on the original topic without being sidetracked into other products. Everything is okay.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Hi Dan.
Regards.
I'm confused. I thought AES was a type of SPDIF interface as are coax and Toslink. The only difference being AES is differential signaling whereas coax is single ended. The need of a PLL on the receiving end (DAC) to lock on the incoming signal would be the same for any SPDIF interface.
Also, AES is a standard interface so not sure how it could be implemented differently across product models ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Remember, when using USB output of the N10 the DAC controls the time. When using the coaxial, Toslink, or AES/EBU outputs of the N10 the music server controls the time.
This is consistent with my understanding

Last edited by tjarmstrong; 04-28-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Added quote from Dan
Old 04-28-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Nacho.......I understand and meant no offense. I just want to keep this thread focused on the original topic without being sidetracked into other products. Everything is okay.
I understand you perfectly and you are right about to keep the topic focused.
Have you end the Esoteric break in time?
What oversampling works better on your system?
I told you that because from my N100 i need to put my Esoteric on varios modes depending the music.
My system is very resolutive and i think my Aurender is showing too much its digital weaks points. I have to upsampling to 4x/8x to keep the highs controled but i lost definition.