AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Clearaudio

Clearaudio Loving Music

Old 08-31-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgchong View Post
Upgrade from Innovation Wood recently

Oh mate. What a stunner!

Did you find you were penalised financially for not opting straight for the Master Innovation initially, instead of purchasing the Innovation firstly & upgrading later on?

Also be interested in your thoughts regarding the audible differences or finer sonic nuances that the Master Innovation may dig-up from your vinyl that the Innovation doesn't.

Finally. I'd like to know whether you've had any issues or reservations using ClearAudio's cartridges with the Innovation/Master Innovation deck? As i may have mentioned in an earlier post, i've been looking at using Benz Micro's LP-S MR or Lyra's Etna because a number of people - including the odd ClearAudio dealer - have stated that they can become a bit too dry, edgy &/or lean when used with ClearAudio arms & turntables.

Go on. Give us a few more shots to salivate over!

Regards.

Babur.

Last edited by Babur72; 09-01-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walakalulu View Post
Clearaudio Innovation Wood is mine - is the outer clamp worth having and why?
Borrow one if it does as much on your table as mine you will buy one
Old 08-31-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babur72 View Post
Oh mate. What a stunner!

Also be interested in your thoughts regarding the audible differences or finer sonic nuances that the Master Innovation may dig-up from your vinyl that the Innovation doesn't.

Go on. Give us a few more shots to salivate over!

Regards.

Babur.
I second your input as apart from the upgrade to Master looking great was there audible differences given you doubled the price of the Innovation??
Stump

Just added a Furutech's Silver Arrows Phono Cable XLR to my system.I am running a CLEARAUDIO - Da Vinci v2 and feel as good as the Master Innovation upgrade looks great a CLEARAUDIO - TITANIUM MC CARTRIDGE would give a greater audible difference to the system.

P.S For some reason I do not have permission to upload pictures??

Last edited by stump; 09-01-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:21 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump View Post
I second your input as apart from the upgrade to Master looking great was there audible differences given you doubled the price of the Innovation?? Stump Just added a Furutech's Silver Arrows Phono Cable XLR to my system.I am running a CLEARAUDIO - Da Vinci v2 and feel as good as the Master Innovation upgrade looks great a CLEARAUDIO - TITANIUM MC CARTRIDGE would give a greater audible difference to the system. P.S For some reason I do not have permission to upload pictures??
To directly upload pictures you have to be a "Subscriber," see the tab below on your screen.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Maybe I can make this link work to some pics of my Clear audio this is a link to my system on another form if that is ok if it is not just delete

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-s-Living-Room

Last edited by Garth; 09-01-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Hi guys, the main reason for this upgrade is that I had speed issues with the Innovation Wood for the past 1 year, many parts were replaced in the process but the problem still persisted. I like the Innovation Wood and had also committed to the Accu-drive a few months ago, so the logical way is to upgrade.

I find that the sonic improvement of the Master over the Innovation is not that significant if I used the Da Vinci V2 but I was surprised with the surge in clarity of musical details and imaging when I switched to Titanium V2. Probably this turntable work better with the higher range cartridges. Will swapped the Koetsu Jade over from my Thoren TD550 this weekend to do a comparison.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgchong View Post
sonic improvement of the Master over the Innovation is not that significant if I used the Da Vinci V2 but I was surprised with the surge in clarity of musical details and imaging when I switched to Titanium V2.
I would say logically the only sonic difference between the Master over the Innovation is the belt contact on the platter.And if there isn't noticeable audible difference then it is a expensive upgrade.I have been told as you have found out there is a big difference between the Da Vinci V2 and the Titanium V2.
I still like your Innovation upgrade visually and may go done that track later.
P.S I have put Stillpoints Ultra 5s under my Innovation with positive sonic results.
Turntables are all about Vibration!!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:36 AM

Quote:
I would say logically the only sonic difference between the Master over the Innovation is the belt contact on the platter.And if there isn't noticeable audible difference then it is a expensive upgrade.I have been told as you have found out there is a big difference between the Da Vinci V2 and the Titanium V2.
To clarify, what I meant earlier was that I noticed a huge difference in sonic when Titanium is used on the Innovation Master compared to the Da Vinci on the Innovation Wood. The gap closes when both turntables uses the Titanium and drop further with Da Vinci. That is the reason why I mentioned that Innovation Master probably need a better cartridge to perform. Will try out the Koetsu Jade this weekend; it never worked well the Innovation Wood not sure about the Master.....
Old 09-03-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I still like your Innovation upgrade visually and may go done that track later.
P.S I have put Stillpoints Ultra 5s under my Innovation with positive sonic results.
Turntables are all about Vibration!!
Hi Stump,

How many Stillpoint Ultra 5's are you using? And do you believe Stillpoint Ultra SS' would bring worthwhile improvements in the Innovation's performance?

Regards.

Babur.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babur72 View Post
Hi Stump,

How many Stillpoint Ultra 5's are you using? And do you believe Stillpoint Ultra SS' would bring worthwhile improvements in the Innovation's performance?

Regards.

Babur.
FWIW: The Ovation has the same feet as the Innovation. I tried a set of Nordost Sort Kones (brass) and could not hear a lick of difference. I think the stock feet provide a great level of isolation. YMMV, but alternative feet do not necessarily make a difference in a system, just because they do in someone else's.