AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 08-19-2015, 01:28 AM

Default About Vivid finishing and quality.

Hi everyone,

I am new owner of Vivid Giya G2 (mid night blue).

I loved the sound extreme Musically and natural, loved shape of the speakers.
my home is now belongs to luxury.

One of Vivid G1 owner matched the Viola reference, Bravo Ⅱ, Spirit Ⅱ and the sound was just amazing.. but as you know the amp set is way to expensive to me so i am thinking of Arye tweenty series or krell 575 solo, or pass 100.8.
maybe someother brand like soulution..

i am willing to make the sound most natural but transparent, still makes dynamics, most important is musically.

please advice you amp set, if anyone like the sound like me.

for other topics, i had some problem with Vivid and dealer, and i have no idea and non of understanding why the Vivid is never do response of customer by them self.. it is disappointing to me that CEO and Vivid team never get back to me with these issues.

Story is here, any recommendation would be appreciate..

The Vivid Giya G2 was well packed and delievered to my place about a week ago but i found there is some problem with finishing quality.

so i have contacted to Vivid by email and i have received the email from CEO, and CEO just told me as this.

"
I can assure you that this speaker did not leave our factory with ANY of these issues you have raised.
Our quality control is extremely vigilant and we would not ship a speaker in this state. Ever.

We are very proud of our company the the outstanding peerless products we design and manufacture.
It is simply not in our interest to ship any product to any customer unless it meets with our stringent standards.
I hope you appreciate this.

Perhaps we can assist via our network of authorised professionals worldwide.
"

but i could not agreed with CEO tells me because there is so much bad finishes of painting under clear coating and some bad inspections.

as you can see attached photos below..

and CEO was asking me to contact to new dealer in South Korea, (dealer was changed and i bought this from pervious dealer.)

and result is horrible here is what was happened last few days..

and i have not get any response from Vivid about this until now.

As i got a response to contact Design and Audio(new) already as per CEO emailed me at the very first period, I called Design and Audio a few days ago. I was required to pay a couple of thousand dollars for just one inspection of my speakers. Also, If there is any problem, extra payment will be added, Only for the tweeter replacement costs $1,500USD and some more with costly price for replace it or ship back to Vivid about $3,000 and more and more. It sounded like they are not willing to figure out the problem.

It means that I should pay for extra more than $5000USD to fix the new speakers that were purchased several days ago.(i have to fix my new speakers?)
As it doesn’t make any sense, I emailed Vivid and CEO a few times after i contacted Design and Audio, but i haven’t got any reply for 3 past days.
and Douglas got contact and told same thing to him but my email was just ignored.

And what Design Audio just told me is..

"The former dealer's Vivid products are not the newest one, and the G2 is now changed to a new version, which is newly installed with better/fixed network system and all new driver. Since it got a big change, the speaker is totally different”
that is why the former dealer is selling the products with discounted price.

Does this mean that Vivid made products with very poor quality a few years before?
do you guys believe this?

I hate the people says lies behind and try to win the race.

if this is true, vivid audio made a huge mistake that they should never have mentioned about anywhere in website, and no one knows.

Anyway,
As the information shown on the final product inspection report,
it was packed "17/12/2014” (please find photo of the paper)
this means this is not the old one and it doesn’t appear like sitting for a very long time and had this kind of issues.

When my speakers were unpacked in front of me, it was well packed and the products didn’t seem like it was repacked.

here is what i asked to Vivid.

1. Tweeter dent which is very tiny, and tiny whole on mid and creased. (only one speaker)
2. pretty big paint peel off (a few) (same speaker with tweeter dented one)
3. deep scratches by shape edges(i think by grill) (same speaker with tweeter dented one
)
4. bad quality polishing (Stain and hologram everywhere)
5. many dots and dust under the Clear coat
6. bad sending marks under the clear coat.
7. few of paint flows.

Yes, i can say i am bit of a sensitive man but this is it.
but i have seen few other hiend speakers in different brand and never found this kind quality issues.

From Now i am thinking if Vivid will contact me and explain how to fix this problems especially tweeter and mid range domes.

I bought a new pair and i paid for new, and former dealer keep says it is new and never opened.
than Vivid don’t have any responsibility of this?
and ignore custome’s inquiry emails?

finally i was waiting for their response so long time and
I decided to open this issues with some of the photo of damaged/problems.
i don’t think these are all from the dealer there is no evidence, and Vivid also have No evidence, and not with no other actions and i don’t agree with CEO at all..

“I can assure you that this speaker did not leave our factory with ANY of these issues you have raised.”

i don’t think dealer re-paint this (they won't) and re-sanding and paint new clear coat over the top, and also if the dealer has redo this kind of job there will be no scratches or there will be more clear than this.

and especially for only one speaker is not in good condition with scratches.

well, i have contact to many other Vivid user and asked how the quality is..
some people says good, but not as some other major brand’s..
some people says, it is bad, as per money they paid.

these issues, and i can reprint the parts of peeled off, and i can polish the bad quality of finishing on clear coat.

how about tweeter?
Do i have to pay $1300 or $5000 as Design and Audio(new dealer) want to?
Vivid help dealer earn money like this way?
is this because that i got big discount?

where is Vivid after Service?

why don’t Vivid contact me and say what to do? or provide me advice how to fix?
Ignore is not all they can do.

if i don’t want to buy tweeter via Design and Audio and pay $5000 or $1500, than i have no other way to fix this?

if i have to, i can pay $234 for the replacement of tweeter but i have no idea who made this, and do i still need to pay the replacement for mid tweeter that has small hole? with yellow colored? and some creased?

i dont think this is not made by previous dealer at all.

it just sounds like dump all that on old dealer.

This is what i thought if Vivid is real hi-end maker, they will care of this and will contact me with better solution than just give me the contact number of new dealer and new dealer asking me $5000 for inspection and replacement for $1500.

the total amount of products included the After Service. it doesn’t matter whatever i paid and dealer has changed or not.

I am sorry guys for this bad things on peaceful forum and hope you guys understand my situation.
I just hate the people talk lie for their own interests, and ignore.

I know you will still love the Vivid Audio, and i do, i love the sound.

Just feel bad that no body reply my inquiries.
and Design & Audio just telling me some stupid lies.

I know some other stories why they end the deal with old dealer and Vivid, but i would not tell you guys but Douglas i don’t think they end the deal because of no orders. previous dealer is one of the top/big dealer shop in this country.
(previous dealer tried to complain with the finishes and it was reject by Vivid this may not 100% true but it is one of the rumor)

I will take more pictures if anyone want to see some other bad quality finishes.

and hope CEO or whatever Vivid people email me and introduce me what to do and acknowledgment.
Not via any dealer that i don't trust.

I don’t believe any body lies for their benefit.

hope any one can help me out of this, i am not good in english so it is hard to make conversation but i tried my best!!

ps. the grill is extremely shape edges, and it may makes super deep scratches, be careful guys.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:31 AM

missed one..
Old 08-19-2015, 01:41 AM

Return it immediately and get a full refund if it's not too late.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:17 AM

I would return them to a dealer I bought them from.

It does look like a quality control issue to me. The paint finish quality is obviously poor (just look at the mirror like finish on the Wilson speakers).

And if that have passed the QC, the other issues you are reporting could have passed the eye of QC as well.

I'm surprised Vivid didn't try to solve the problem. It makes them look if that was normal for them.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:33 AM

Looks like you bought used speakers. Your business relationship is with the original dealer. Most of the damage I see in the pictures was probably not caused by shipping from the factory.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 08-24-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Looks like you bought used speakers. Your business relationship is with the original dealer. Most of the damage I see in the pictures was probably not caused by shipping from the factory.
hi~
well, i dont think this is used, because almost of the problems are on only one of the speaker.
and there is bad quality finishing on under the clear coat and bad polishing job.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post

yes, it doesn't look like shipping problem, it was packed like perfect.

what i was asking to Vivid if the former dealer is not want to return and never want to take this issues, Vivid need to help me with this?

don't you think so?

Last edited by bratt; 08-24-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:59 AM

You don't have a issue with Vivid, you likely got taken by a former unscrupulous dealer selling you used speakers. Did you not inspect the speakers and try and return upon delivery?

I am not sure why you're blaming Vivid. Imagine buying a used car...it has dings and issues. Then calling the car manufacturer and wanting it to look like new.

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x7), Sigma HC (x1), Sigma Analog (x2)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Old 08-24-2015, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
You don't have a issue with Vivid, you likely got taken by a former unscrupulous dealer selling you used speakers. Did you not inspect the speakers and try and return upon delivery?

I am not sure why you're blaming Vivid. Imagine buying a used car...it has dings and issues. Then calling the car manufacturer and wanting it to look like new.

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x7), Sigma HC (x1), Sigma Analog (x2)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)

hi
Thank you for your reply.

reason that i was contacting to Vivid, because i dont think this is used.
and it was packed 2014/12/..
and shipping would be few month.

many of problems are under the clear coat, and just bad quality of polishing finishes as you can see, i am blaming Vivid, just want to know what is there quality? ofcouse they will say this is not there quality but that is not all they should say i would wanted Vivid advice me what to do..

and i was ask everything to Vivid and Vivid is not contact me back..
this is why i was feel bad.

and gave me contact person of new dealer at the first of email conversation, but New dealer ask me to pay $3000USD for check the problems and they ask me to pay $3000 for replacement if there is an issues, and they will charge me shipping cost of $3000USD if this need to be return to Vivid in South Africa.
which is not good action from Vivid.
and Vivid did not say this is used or displayed, and also former dealer keep says this is unpacked one.

I just wanted Vivid contact me and help me out what to do, and sell me some tweeter replacement, and provide me After service.
This is all i want now.

Last edited by bratt; 08-24-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:22 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

The first photo you posted, final inspection report is 8 months old. These are most likely used speakers; I would return them!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES