AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 06-07-2019, 07:57 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsT View Post
Looks like I’m going to have to sell a kidney [emoji23]
I checked KidFax you might have some difficulty.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 06-07-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
I checked KidFax you might have some difficulty.

I know I’d have trouble with LivFax 🤣
Old 06-07-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
The new DENALI 6000/S v2 is the first of several power conditioners that we will be releasing in the next three months.

We now have three lines of power conditioners that start with our "Value Line". This includes all of the Venom power conditioners: PS8 (US), EU7 (EU), UK6 (UK) and AU8 (Aussie).

The next step up the ladder is our "Performance Line". All of the products in the Performance Line include our patented NIC (noise isolation chamber) technology. This include the Delta, Alpha and Sigma power conditioners. Get more information on this when it is posted to our website in the coming week.

The top tier is our "Reference Line" of products that all use the patented QR/BB technology. This starts with the newly announced DENALI 6000/S and includes the widely reviewed TRITON v3 and the TYPHON QR and the DENALI 6000/T models.

So to make a good recommendation for you I would need to know your objectives. Is it to achieve absolute reference performance or do you want a balance of performance and value? A budget would be helpful or if you want to build the system in stages that would help also.

Thanks for the questions,

Caelin

Great to have you active on this forum Caelin as I’m always learning through your experiences!

I’m truly hoping that your new range of products will soon find their way to Australia - can you confirm you will be doing Oz versions?
Old 06-07-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Great to have you active on this forum Caelin as I’m always learning through your experiences!

I’m truly hoping that your new range of products will soon find their way to Australia - can you confirm you will be doing Oz versions?
We are working on it mate.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by med_designer View Post
As far as my amp goes would you plug it into the Denali as well?

Will you be making a longer power cord - around 10' or so?

For what it’s worth, I plug my D’Agostino Momentum into my Denali. Also I have ordered longer custom power cords through my dealer.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 06-07-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Caelin, is some of what you mention the reasons you do not build linear power supplies?
We don't do that because I am just too busy with other projects. But interestingly, I have a patent for the AI power supply. AI means absolute immunity. It is a power supply design blocks all noise and transients without the use of conventional filters. It also eliminates the effects of power conditioners and power cables.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by med_designer View Post
Caelin -

Thanks for the detailed response. Very helpful.

As for my budget, I would like to balance price vs. performance with a path to upgrade as funds allow. I tend to lean toward the Denali 6000/S V2 as the core of the system, start with Venom cables and the upgrade these as budget allows. I would like to do the shelf version as it will work out a bit better for me in the long run.

As far as my amp goes would you plug it into the Denali as well? I do not listen loud and the amp is rated at 150W per channel but I never hit more than 15W based on the output meters. According to the manual the amp power requirements are 120V | 60 Hz | 3.7 amps.

Will you be making a longer power cord - around 10' or so?
Since you have less than 6 components the 6000/S is a good choice and it gets you into our "reference line" that has QR/BB technology. This is a great foundation that will serve you for a lifetime. Then, as you said you can start with Venom NR Series power cables. Then, as finances allow, simply upgrade single power cords at a time.

Just be assured that the you may never need to upgrade the power cords. I have tested the Venom NR V12 on a Totaldac, comparing it to our reference Sigma. While the Sigma was better, the V12 was surprising similar in tonal quality, resolution and imaging. The Sigma had a bit more weight, depth of image and ambient decay but I certainly didn't run screaming from the room with the V12 in the system. As a matter of fact, the V12 is still in the reference system along with a prototype Alpha A12 power conditioner. Great sound quality!

Just consider another pathway which is the Delta D6 as your power conditioner. This guy is a real sleeper and once it gets out there into the community will be very popular. It is less than half the price of the Denali at $1995 and has NIC technology which is the technology that made the Triton v1 and v2 a worldwide reference. It does not have the individual isolation for each outlet like the Denali but it does very effectively deal with CCI at better than 40 dB of noise reduction outlet to outlet. And surprising at its price point it also has ground plane noise reduction built in. This makes quite a difference in low power tube / high efficiency speaker systems. So, this could be a great starting point knowing that our products have great resale value on the used market, so you would have no problem upgrading at a later date. This is an easier upgrade pathway to manage since you only have to replace the single power conditioner instead of 5 power cords.

And last you might want to consider possible future system expansion. What if you purchase more system components and exceed the available 6 outlets? We believe that the Alpha A12 (US) and Alpha A10 (UK) will fast become our best selling power conditioner. It has NIC technology, 12 outlets with 6 zones of isolation and ground noise system. When we demonstrated it at Munich, the dealers and distributors were very impressed by the quality of finish and where astonished when we asked them to guess the retail price. To the person, they all thought that it would retail for 5-8K.

I hope this helps in deciding what to do.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
We are working on it mate.

Awesome! Been waiting on the Denali for some time but I guess the updated version will be even better...

Also thanks again for your tip on the noise filters for the glass reflection issue I had - Franck was a huge help!
Old 06-07-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn2803 View Post
Hi Caelin,

When/if Shunyata releases the 6000T v2, will you offer trade-in option for those with 6000T (v1)? Or, trade-in option for 6000T (v1) to the 6000S v2?

Thanks!!
Just know that all is well for the future and good things come to those who are patient.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsT View Post
Looks like I’m going to have to sell a kidney [emoji23]
The Delta D6 at $1995 and Venom NR-V12 at $350 and V10 at $450 won't require any loss of body parts. Maybe just a hair donation.

We are on a mission to bring our reference level technology to lower price points while some others are competing to see who can be the first to bust the $100K price barrier for a power cord. Nutters.