AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 07-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Life is beautiful

Bratt, our cleaning lady damaged the tweeter and midrange driver of my center speaker - I don't let her approach my system anymore!
The cost of both drivers together was about 200£.
You should contact Vivid in the UK to order them directly.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 07-22-2016, 07:40 PM

Default Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz Vegaas View Post
There is a positive.

The drivers that you are referring to are supposed to be relatively easy to replace. I had to replace a mid bass and that is a tricky job. The tweeter and midrange are smaller. As long as you are focused and careful it is supposed to be simpler.

I suggest that you investigate the consumer law in your country. In Australia the person that sold you the speaker has to repair or replace the item if it is a manufacturing fault. That may not help owners that have impact damage, however, the store should have sufficient interest in customer satisfaction to provide some assistance even if it us at your cost.

I am also wondering if the Vivid owners community can help in that regard. Surely there are some owners out there with skills in these sorts of tasks who can put together a how to video. Some guys have had Phil Dickie help them out directly. Maybe they can ask him the question. No owner should be left stranded with a broken $50,000 dollar speaker thats only 12 months old. That is just insane and Vivid need to do something or they deserve a bad reputation.

I think Vivid would benefit from an active presence on this forum. The guy that does Audirvana and the designer of Chord's Mojo, Dave, Hugo and Hugo TT both engage with the audiophile/ owners very successfully and the companies reputation benefits greatly. Vivids products are even more upmarket but are similarly tech driven.

I think most of us are quiet reasonable to deal with and reputation is everything in such a small market niche.
You are very kind and thank you for let me know the information and appreciate that you tell about this.

I took out the mid range(D50, i thought this is also call tweeter) and mid base(D125s) from the speaker
and put it back about 5 times and i found it was not difficult and hard job to do.

there is nothing worries to replace them my self..
the problem is i can’t buy the parts from Vivid Audio directly.

Vivid Audio just keep saying i have to contact to dealer, and ask them to replace it.

but i bought my speakers from previous dealer(distributor), new distributor just mentioned that they can not replace the parts for any customer because it is too easy to damage again during the replacement and they only provide ordering the parts for customer and customer should pay the cost of shipping also.

and here is what they provided to me cost.

1. buy drivers D50 = $800USD D125s = $1700. (without shipping cost and without import charges)
2. ship the damaged ones to Vivid Audio and they will fix it and offer 50% off from the original cost (without sending and return shipping cost and without import charges)
3. buy only aluminum cones and cost 33.3% and it is only aluminum cones and i have to re glue or soldering (this is crazy) (without shipping cost and without import charges)

I dont think this is right price for just replace dented domes,

I contacted to Vivid Audio in UK and head office also, and let them know about this situation, but they keep says, they only provide parts to dealers..

I was very upset with Vivid Audio again, i think they have to care about the customer who uses their products..
and products prices maybe different with different country but i am sure that they should be involved the prices of parts..

Vivid Audio and dealer should not make that much profit for selling repair parts..

I would take some Video if i can buy the parts from Vivid or some other dealers from any country.

the fact is Vivid Audio doesn’t really matter what customer satisfactions especially my country.

Vivid Audio has not good corporation image in my country and very low selling..
because there finishes are very bad compared with prices, and replacement and repair is impossible, or too much cost.

but too easy to get damaged.

and distributor is really incomprehensible selling they are selling a lot different brand of hi-fi, i don't think they will sell Vivid much as now in the future.

I don't think they ordered a lot of products and stocked of Vivid, and it will be stop soon, it is same situation with previous dealer.

and one the dealer ship is end or if they decided to stop it, they will offer huge discount to online market. just same as previous dealer.

previous dealer just gave up the dealer ship because of Vivid's finishes and low selling.

maybe Vivid Audio sold bad ones to small market country like us, i don't know.

these are all reason why Vivid Audio is not good image in my country.

Head office should care of this problems and have to know about the situation.

or take responsibility of service for customer directly.

I like Vivid Audio sounds, and design of speaker.
and i liked Dick’s design and his capability as developer of sound.

so i decided to have this pair but there are a lot of disappointing with there service and policy.
I never expected Main Head office will never help customer like this.
I have asked about the quality of finishes a lot, and they just ignore my emails and never get back to me.

just says, NO they never sold this kind of bad finishes ones.
but i have all the owner in my country and they all says, Vivid Audio finishes are poor.

i can see all the sending marks and putty under the pain job.
and there is alot of hologram marks, and grill scraches..

too much to tell.

it is NOT just problem of my speakers, all most has silmilar problems but mind were worst so badly.

they take side to there distributors and it makes more bad image of company brand.

I can not let you guys know about the prices of Vivid from my country, the second hands are very very low prices but nobody still interested and no one buys new one with original prices.

Sorry guys too much talking, and bad kids english.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Bratt, our cleaning lady damaged the tweeter and midrange driver of my center speaker - I don't let her approach my system anymore!
yes, same thing to me..

my cleaning lady and nanny made mistake.

i always mentioned them to wtach my little bady and do not make him to touch it but they just did..

but it is my fault i have to cover it more safely.

yes, i have contacted to Vivid Audio UK but they just don't want help me.
same as head office in South Africa.

I have to contact to dealer and distributor.

I posted about what happened and what is going on now.

200£ is very much reasonable price to me.

this is why i would try to find someone or dealer or vivid audio, anyone who will sell the parts for me.

I don't even need whole driver set, but need some parts to replace.
but if i have any chance to buy the drive with your cost, i would but as assembly and buy more for spare.

this is very strange, that i have to find dealer from other countries, and Vivid Audio is NOT selling me the parts..

or i have to pay $3000 or more cost to there distributor for replace the dent.

well, they don't repair it they just order them for me because they are dealer who can buy the replacement parts and dont want that any small risk if they make another dent.

But Vivid Audio CEO telling like this.

"When it comes to service of our speakers we always recommend using the skilled services of our appointed distributor.
In the long run this is always the best policy."

"Please wait for Jay or Peter to contact you.

there skill is order the parts and ship it back to customer and run away with there profit and leave all risk and work to do.

and no one contacts me.

i just have to call them about 4 times and i received different information with prices and parts for every callings.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:39 AM

Default hello.

Quote:

hi again, have you ordered them from UK directly?

I have contact to UK Vivid Audio but they are keep saying that I have to contact to distributor/dealer in my country and only UK dealer can order the parts from UK Vivid Audio.

I beseech your favor.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Life is beautiful

bratt, I had the luck that Mr Laurence Dickie came to my house to replace them (and enjoy some good food and drinks of course ).
I'll ask him if they can ship directly to the States, or if not, what your options are.
You are based in the US, right?
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 07-26-2016, 04:14 AM

Default hi

Quote:
bratt, I had the luck that Mr Laurence Dickie came to my house to replace them (and enjoy some good food and drinks of course ).
I'll ask him if they can ship directly to the States, or if not, what your options are.
You are based in the US, right?
Thank you for your response, currently, my location is South Korea but i have an account with DHL so shipping would be ok with this.

but i am not sure they will help me to buy the parts.. i hope Mr Laurence Dickie help me as i am fan of him.
envious of you had luck what Mr Laurence Dickie did for you.

so much appreciate for your help with very much reasonable prices.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Life is beautiful

bratt, I'd like to send you a personal message: you could become a member so that I can contact you via PM.

Last edited by bart; 07-27-2016 at 02:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Bart.......Posting an email address on the open forum is against the forum rules. Member bratt has already attempted this and had the address deleted. It has been suggested that he become a Subscriber so that he can use the Private Message system but at this time he has chosen to remain a basic member.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Bart.......Posting an email address on the open forum is against the forum rules. Member bratt has already attempted this and had the address deleted. It has been suggested that he become a Subscriber so that he can use the Private Message system but at this time he has chosen to remain a basic member.
Sorry Dan, I had forgotten that.
I'll stay with my suggestion to become a member, or better: an aficionado!
Old 07-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Sorry Dan, I had forgotten that.
I'll stay with my suggestion to become a member, or better: an aficionado!
Bart.......Thanks. I agree with you, plus being an Audio Aficionado Subscriber opens a lot of doors.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A