AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Where Pets Rule

Where Pets Rule Fur, Feathers, and Fins!

Old 07-31-2014, 04:05 PM
The Eagles are back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Jim & Stacie... My heartfelt condolences on your loss of Zoe. May she live in your hearts forever.

Jim & Stacie
What an absolutely wonderful pictorial tribute. I am saddened beyond words I offer my deepest and sincere condolences.

Zoe
May you find many green grassy fields to run and play in and a warm spot in the sun to lie down when you are tired.

Rest in peace dear sweet Zoe
Old 07-31-2014, 06:58 PM
The Architect

So sorry for your loss Jim and Stacie. We know going in that we only have our dogs for a relatively short amount of time, and it is so hard when it is time to say goodbye.

I lost my yellow lab a few years ago, and fortunately still have my black lab. He is turning 11 this fall and hopefully still has a year or two left in him.

Your pictures are terrific, and I appreciate you sharing them.
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables
Old 07-31-2014, 09:36 PM
A happy little vegemite..

Jim
I showed my wife Bridget this thread this morning over a cup of tea.

Bridget asked me to send you and Stacie her kindest thoughts, and let you know that a picture of Zoe is on her desktop today and that she will be thinking of her lots . She also said she thought Zoe had a big tongue, and we both imagined she probably gave lots of slobbery wet kisses to you both to say "Good Morning"

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach

Last edited by AndyPandy; 07-31-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:51 PM

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has responded with such nice comments on our Zoe. Your kind words and your own shared personal experiences have meant a lot to Stacie and I.

It has been a very tough week for us. We do not have children and our two dogs are the center of our daily attention. We take them to the park everyday when we are home in the morning for an hour walk. We meet up with other dog owners and the dogs get to have some unleashed play time with their buddies at the park.

Since Zoe's passing we have shed more tears then I care to mention. Everywhere we look in our house we see Zoe. Even though she was a quite dog she followed me around like a shadow and her presence was always known.

When Zoe turned 12 last October she started having a harder time getting around. Thanks to modern medicine with a drug like Adequan, laser therapy, and acupuncture, her quality of life improved dramatically. But in July we were seeing less positive results from these treatments.

On Sunday July 20th Zoe had an accident on our hard wood stair case and broke her leg. We rushed her to ER, and long story short the Vet said if it was my dog I would put her to sleep. We were devastated... We took her home, heavily medicated and we all layed with her on the floor with blankets all of Sunday night / Monday morning. We took her to our own personal vet first thing Monday morning for a second opinion... Hoping for a better alternative. We trust our vet, and his recommendation was the same as the ER Dr... He knew Zoe better then any one regarding her health, and we trust him completely.

The golden's are a very special breed and they give you so much every day, and all they ask is that you love them back. She will be sorely missed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmart View Post
RIP Zoe.

My sincere condolences for you and all that loved Zoe!

As a life time dog lover, I hope you have nothing but fond memories and a heart that mends completely!

Best Regards, Dean
Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjw View Post
Beautiful pup.
Yes she was! Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Jim & Stacie... My heartfelt condolences on your loss of Zoe. May she live in your hearts forever.

Ivan, Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Sorry to hear that, man, those are some fantastic pictures of your dog, she was one beautiful dog.

- Buck
We agree on her beauty... Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
Jim & Stacie,

so so sorry for your loss! it is way like loosing a family member, I cried for weeks when my golden died 1 1/2 years ago, still miss her so much, I have one more golden Sunshine and she is doing fair, but recently is a little under the weather. she is about 11.

It is a shame that these big great dogs live maybe 10-15 years at best.

As a fellow Golden owner I can only imagine how amazing and how much love she brought to the entire family and everyone she meet as well. They are like 70+ lb lap dogs huh... They love so BIG!

Prayers sent for your hearts, I know it is way way hard.

PS what an amazing looking dog, would sure love to see the puppy pics from under 6 months old too of Zoe.

GOD Bless you nice folks
Dave, You are correct on all of the above. Thanks for your kind words... Here are some more pics of Zoe as a puppy that you asked for...

These pics of Zoe as a pup came from Stacie and I just copied them with my iPhone from the original print...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jim.......What a loving memorial you have created here for Zoe. It is clear from your photos that she was loved and returned it to you. I am sorry to hear she has passed but the memories will remain. Thank you for including us in your joy and your sorrow. That's what friends are for.
Dan, Like always your words are true and to the point. Thank you for your support during this time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseLeaf View Post
Beautiful photos of a beautiful member of your family,..our golden , Sarah passed away two years ago, rest in peace Zoe
Sorry to hear about Sarah. I am sure she was a great dog especially since she was a golden! Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
Jim and Stacie, I am very sorry for your loss.
Randy, Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Very beautiful dog! I'm sorry for your loss.
Marc, Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Pete View Post
+1. Very sorry to hear it Jim. Thank you for sharing the very beautiful tribute to your friend. I know how hard this is; my deepest sympathies are with you.
Pete, Much appreciated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
Thanks for sharing

I'm really sorry for your loss, but celebrate the wonderful life she had with you both.

Kind Regards
We will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Jim & Stacie
Our condolences go out to you. So many of us here are Dog People and are aware of the emotional bond we create with these special creatures

They always say that Dog Lovers have huge hearts. Our love for them never goes away and every time we lose one we have to make room in our hearts for the next.
Jim, Very true words... Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashG1 View Post
So sorry to hear about your family's loss. What a loving tribute.
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
I am so terribly sorry to hear about your loss. You must be heartbroken. I lost Tara almost 2 years back and it still stings a little when I remember her last days. I try to remember the good times we had and I imagine she's in a much better place now than she was before she died.
doggiehowser, Sorry to hear about Tara... We have plenty of great times to remember and it sounds like you do as well... Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLG4EVR View Post
So sorry to hear of your loss. It is always difficult to lose a treasured family member.
A wonderful tribute both verbally and visually.

I can sympathize as we had a very close call with our pug a couple of weeks ago, he had surgery and fortunately has recovered. He was also born in 2001.

R.I.P. Zoe.
Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
Sad Indeed-Their lifespan is to short.
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anderson View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilands View Post
Jim,
I've come back to your thread four or five times now, waiting for the right time to reply. Zoe reminds me of my Golden Riley. I can't imagine a much sadder day. I know and or hope each day will get easier.

As a sign says in my home "dogs leave a paw print on your heart".
I believe almost all dogs to be great companions for us humans. All they want back is someone to love them.
I do however believe that the Golden Retriever is a very special breed and those that have had the chance to experience one have been treated to a very special gift, just as you have.

But you get what you give, and you obviously gave a lot of love in return, so Zoe was also very lucky to of had you & your wife.

I'm thinking of you guys. So sorry for your loss of Zoe.

Mike
Mike, No truer words can be spoken... The golden retriever is one special breed. Thank you so much for your kind words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
Jim & Stacie
What an absolutely wonderful pictorial tribute. I am saddened beyond words I offer my deepest and sincere condolences.

Zoe
May you find many green grassy fields to run and play in and a warm spot in the sun to lie down when you are tired.

Rest in peace dear sweet Zoe
Beautiful... Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
So sorry for your loss Jim and Stacie. We know going in that we only have our dogs for a relatively short amount of time, and it is so hard when it is time to say goodbye.

I lost my yellow lab a few years ago, and fortunately still have my black lab. He is turning 11 this fall and hopefully still has a year or two left in him.

Your pictures are terrific, and I appreciate you sharing them.
JJinID, Sorry to hear about your yellow lab... Thank you...

Here is Zoe, the morning that we had brought her back from ER. We huddle around her then and for all times... May she rest in peace... We could not have ask for a better companion...

Last edited by trek737; 07-31-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
Jim
I showed my wife Bridget this thread this morning over a cup of tea.

Bridget asked me to send you and Stacie her kindest thoughts, and let you know that a picture of Zoe is on her desktop today and that she will be thinking of her lots . She also said she thought Zoe had a big tongue, and we both imagined she probably gave lots of slobbery wet kisses to you both to say "Good Morning"
Andy,

Wow, Thank you and your wife Bridget for your kind comments!

Zoe was actually a little stingy on kisses believe it or not. But usually when you asked, but not always, she would give in. That made them extra special and we knew that we must have been really loved to received them.

Thanks again...

Last edited by trek737; 07-31-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 PM
A happy little vegemite..

Our pleasure.

My Dad lives in Amarillo, Tx, so we are practically neighbours

Kindest thoughts from Sydney, where Zoe is on my desktop today as well..

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach
Old 07-31-2014, 10:23 PM

Thanks for the baby puppy pics, the ears sure do tell that story of how pretty their color is when the grow up.

What a heck of a pretty puppy and loving dog, take care buddy, will take a long time and it will get a little better slowly each day.

bless you guys
Old 08-01-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy
Jim.......What a loving memorial you have created here for Zoe. It is clear from your photos that she was loved and returned it to you. I am sorry to hear she has passed but the memories will remain. Thank you for including us in your joy and your sorrow. That's what friends are for.
A huge +1 !
I could not say it like that.
Condolences to the family Jim. Golden Retrievers are wonderful loving dogs.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:16 AM

Today we celebrated our Pug's 13th birthday. Got him some really good beef for a b-day treat. And a treat for desert of course.

Your post made us realize again how special these amazing Tonto's are. They are your best friends without a doubt.

Again, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM
That's a Deusy !

Very sorry to hear that she was a beauty !
Marantz( UD8004,AV8802a ), Oppo udp 203 JLAudio Fathom F-110, B&W( 802 series III , FCMS8, SCMS8) . WireWorld Eclipse 6 xlr(7) Sliver Eclipse 5.2 HDMI (3) electra 5.2 powercords . HRS Nimbus , lg 55 Oled Nvidia Shield PS Audio PPP

System 2 Panasonic G25 Marantz av8003