AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:18 PM

Naim Uniti Core--a big step up from my Mac Mini
Old 09-29-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Naim Uniti Core--a big step up from my Mac Mini

That would have been my recommendation too.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
David.......Check out the Aurender ACS10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=XI0EcHEyo94

From TAS: Aurender blurred the lines between product categories with a preview of its forthcoming ACS10, a device that not only expands the functionality of Aurender’s music servers but also erases the distinction between a CD player and a music server. Here’s how the ACS10 works. You insert a CD into its disc drive and the ACS10 rips it to the ACS10’s integral 8TB HDD (expandable to 24TB), gathers extensive metadata including the cover art, and seamlessly integrates the files into the music library on your Aurender server. The ACS10’s one-button operation (literally) is so much simpler than ripping a CD to a computer and then transferring the files from your PC to the Aurender. The large front-panel display provides a wealth of information, including the album cover art. The ACS10 also provides for easy metadata editing via Aurender’s excellent Conductor app. If you don’t have an Aurender music server, the ACS10 can function as a stand-alone CD player/server. The price will be $5600 when the unit begins shipping in September.

I like it Dan however 5 grand seems high as it’s basically a N100H ie only usb output. I’d like to hook that nimble to my computer
Old 09-29-2018, 07:43 AM
Retired

While the Nimble would be a handy 'tool' for ripping CDs, one would still be left with the task of sorting of the metadata into the lists (artist, genre, etc.) they prefer. Unless, of course, it is able to read one's mind.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 09-29-2018, 11:50 AM

Default CD ripping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
While the Nimble would be a handy 'tool' for ripping CDs, one would still be left with the task of sorting of the metadata into the lists (artist, genre, etc.) they prefer. Unless, of course, it is able to read one's mind.

Not to mention making sure that the rip has no errors!
As they say, there is no free lunch...

Last edited by nicoff; 09-29-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:

Naim’s ripping app does an amazing job of filling in the metadata very well. It even creates a virtual CD booklet which i think might give Roon a run for its money. (And it’s free)

But for metadata - Roon fills up my music library pretty well. But I don’t have much classical music which I hear is the biggest bugbear for metadata.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:33 PM

I am in the process of ripping a group of CDs and I am amazed at the variation in the metadata from different database sources. And that includes even the names of the albums!
While there is no doubt that the Aurender (or any other) automated approach is convenient, I am certain that it will require a good amount of metadata fixes (particularly with classical discs). Of course the metadata can be fixed if files are stored in a traditional computer hard drive. Not sure how easy it is to fix if files are stored inside a device with proprietary software like I presume the Aurender and other machines use.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:28 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
I like it Dan however 5 grand seems high as it’s basically a N100H ie only usb output. I’d like to hook that nimble to my computer
David.......The Aurender ACS10 is a bit more than their N100H. Yes, it uses their latest isolated 2.0 USB output to an external DAC, but there is considerably more to it than that. The ACS10 comes in three versions, the 2 X 4TB / 240GB SSD caching, 2 X 8TB / 240GB SSD caching or 2 X 12TB / 480GB SSD caching. Pricing is $5600/$6000/$7500 respectively. The N100H has 2 X 2TB / 120GB SSD caching, priced at $3000. In addition to the CD ripping (WAV / FLAC / AIFF) and expanded library storage and larger SSD cache that supports all Aurender music servers, the ACS10 provides RAID 1 mirroring and app-based metadata editing. The all aluminum case is the same size as the Aurender N10 music server and the power supply is full-linear featuring a "super capacitor" uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for stabilizing the device in case of an abrupt power outage. The ACS10 features a large 4" color IPS LCD display. This provides an album art view when ripping CDs and displays all system data on functions in use. There are many features provided for the $2600 additional cost of the ACS10 over the N100H including support for the Nimbie Autoloader that provides unattended ripping. Together with an Aurender music server, or used as a stand alone music server, the Aurender ACS10 is a unique and substantial audio component that is designed and built to Aurender's rigorously high standards.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 09-30-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:12 PM
Retired

Is the ACS10 available? Is not shown on their website. Perhaps it is too new.
https://www.aurender.com/page/audiophile
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 09-30-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:22 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Is the ACS10 available? Is not shown on their website. Perhaps it is too new.
https://www.aurender.com/page/audiophile
Glenn.......A quick Google search shows that Moon Audio is taking pre-orders. There may be other Aurender dealers doing the same. Galen Carol Audio's website shows the Aurender ASC10 in stock.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A