AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Acoustical Treatments

Acoustical Treatments Because the room matters

Old 09-03-2018, 09:28 AM

Looks great, blends with the room nicely.

Nad M12 preamp with BlueOS card, M22 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Wireworld Electra 7 power cords, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Audioquest Niagara 1000 power conditioner and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. Herbie's Tenderfeet, Cone and Hush Puckies isolation feet. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player

Spare Room/Office

Mcintosh MA252, Dynaudio Contour 20's, Bluesound Node 2, Audioquest Water RCA interconnect's, Audioquest Thunder HC and NRG-Y2 power cords. GIK Acoustic's Impressions Series panels and Soffit Bass traps.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpaf76 View Post
Looks great, blends with the room nicely.

Was mandatory for the Missus!
And I also like some harmony in our living room.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:09 PM

Absolutely, no reason you can’t have both sound and looks.

Nad M12 preamp with BlueOS card, M22 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Wireworld Electra 7 power cords, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Audioquest Niagara 1000 power conditioner and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. Herbie's Tenderfeet, Cone and Hush Puckies isolation feet. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player

Spare Room/Office

Mcintosh MA252, Dynaudio Contour 20's, Bluesound Node 2, Audioquest Water RCA interconnect's, Audioquest Thunder HC and NRG-Y2 power cords. GIK Acoustic's Impressions Series panels and Soffit Bass traps.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:05 AM

Congratulations Bart. I still remember fondly my last visit (and only) visit to your place.

I’m still enjoying very much my Halgorythme but now in a very narrow English house
Avid Sequel SP - SME V - Ortofon Cadenza Blue
PC Electra 7 - Speaker WW Silver Eclipse 7 - XLR WW Silver Eclispe 7 - Stillpoints - Digital WW Platinum Eclipse USB
Room treatment by GIK
Old 10-27-2018, 11:16 AM

Those speakers look so great in the room. I love the way the reflections work with their shape.
I have seen photos of just the speakers and was indifferent about the shape, but in a room it's beautiful.
Magnepan 3.7 with modified crossovers.Esoteric A-02. Esoteric C03xs. Esoteric K-03x. Esoteric G-02x. Cary Audio 500.1 Solid State Monoblocks. Cary Audio Tube Preamp. Linn Majik DS Streamer. Linn Fm Tuner. McIntosh 1700 Tuner. TTW Turntable with Jelco ARM Modified 11 inch. Ortofon Quintet Black Cartridge. Aesthetic IO with Single Separate power supply. A pair of JL Audio F113, PS Audio P 10 Power Conditioner. PS Audio Dectet. Ps Audio Power Port Outlets. PS Audio Noise Harvesters. Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 XLR Cables. Gold Eclipse 6 Speaker Cables.Silver Electra 7 Power Cables. GIK acoustics Sound Panels. Omnimount 42 u Rack with AC Infinity fans and controllers. A work in Progress.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:10 PM

Thank you Bart for sharing your experience with the room treatments and congratulations on achieving a wonderful improvement in your sound system.

Very happy for you!
2CH: Magico Q7mkII Speakers; VAC Statement 450 monoblocks; Kondo Kagura Monoblocks; CH L1 preamp with X2 power supply; CH P1 phono with X1 power supply; Kondo M1000 MkII preamp with built in phono; Kondo SFz SUT; Kodo The Beat Turntable w Lyra Atlas cartridge and LT Schroder (magnesium) Tonearm; Pacific Microsonics 2 DAC; Playback Designs MPS5 DAC; USB-XIII Converter with Uptone Audio JS-2 LPS; Phasure NOS1a DAC; Echole Omnia LE ICs, speaker cables and power cords; Phasure Lush USB cable; Sound Galleries Monaco 2015 Music Server; Furutech NCF wall outlets and power cords connectors; Telos Ground Noise Reducer (2); Echole LE Power System; Stein Music Harmonizer System; Stillpoints Racks and footers; Rives Designed Dedicated Room.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Congratulations Bart. I still remember fondly my last visit (and only) visit to your place.

I’m still enjoying very much my Halgorythme but now in a very narrow English house

Georges, it sounds so much better now with the better speaker placement and the treatments (and thick carpet).
You're welcome any time to visit!
Old 10-27-2018, 12:43 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaracer1 View Post
Those speakers look so great in the room. I love the way the reflections work with their shape.
I have seen photos of just the speakers and was indifferent about the shape, but in a room it's beautiful.

Thank you!
I've grown quite fond of their looks.
And my wife loves them too, what's more to wish?!
Old 10-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
Thank you Bart for sharing your experience with the room treatments and congratulations on achieving a wonderful improvement in your sound system.

Very happy for you!

Carlos, thank you!
Old 10-27-2018, 05:17 PM

Thank you Bart for sharing your project with great photos from a superb room.
I take it the treatments on both sides of the tv is intended for the first reflection of the treble. If so...
I have always thought that sound waves in the higher frequencies traveled straight forward from the membrane with little omni directional energy. And treatments would be more efficient on side and back walls.
But I have limited knowledge in this area and would be grateful if could you enlighten me on the thoughts behind the placement.