AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 AM

I just received a MC462 and it's been flawless.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mluters View Post
I just received a MC462 and it's been flawless.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 11-18-2018, 02:01 PM

When is it assumed that McIntosh quality went south?

I've owned my 452/C52 combo for 24 months without having a single issue. Rock solid performance that sounds rich and detailed with my Salon2s. Contrary to some comments, I think they are bargains when power, features, cosmetics, resale values and SQ are compared dollar for dollar with the competition.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahle View Post
I have had nothing but great experience from McIntosh. Not long ago I had an MA6450 that needed to have the bulbs replaced. I took it to a local authorized service center that replaced the bulbs but returned it with a broken led light (the one by the power switch) and glass that had smudge marks on the inside in front of the meters. I returned it to the service center for them to fix what they had damaged. When I went to pick it up, the glass was cracked. I figured that was enough and called McIntosh to see if they could service it. Keep in mind that this was only a couple of years ago so the MA6450 was quite old at that time. When I explained what had happened they apologized for what their authorized service center had done and said for me to send it in for them to look at. I unfortunately didn’t have the original box so I packed it as best I could without one and sent it off. Within a month they called and said it was done and would be shipping it back. I asked how much it would be and was told it would be no charge due to what I had already gone through with their service center. I was stunned. Needless to say I thanked them over and over. When it arrived, it was in a brand new factory box and looked like new. Not only did they replace the glass, they went through everything. Even the volume control was serviced. This is something I will never forget and will be a life long customer.

A Great Expereince, thank you for sharing.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:03 PM

I have had nothing but good experiences with all my McIntosh equipment, and the very few occasions I've contacted the company.

But, I must say, this company seems to come out with a LOT of models...maybe too many for what in the world of manufacturing is a rather small company.

Back in the late 70's I worked at a McIntosh dealer and Oscar Erickson came to our store for sales training and said that the average wedding had about 200 guests, the average funeral around 100, so if you've "turned on" a customer, they may not rave about it to many in their circle of friends and family, but if you've turned them "off", you've probably turned "off" 100 others.

I sure hope these problems are "isolated" and the result of increased sales...
McIntosh C2500 pre amp, MC452 power amp, Autonomic MMS-5A server, PS Audio P15 power plant, DirectStream DAC, DirectStream CD transport, Focal Sopra No2 speakers, JL Audio F113V2 sub woofers (2), Sennheiser HD800 headphones, Dell laptop iTunes/Tidal/Roon, Wireworld cabling