Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 01-06-2019, 08:18 AM

Default Still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
..IMO

Yes ..its crazy, but as Ivan has said before its the "Price of Admission"
and well worth it not to have to hassle with voltage conversion, shipping from Japan and losing any warranty coverage.
Still...100% markup?! Not a good sign. You remember those silly prices of Esoterics like $22k, $19k etc., only to come to $12k and below range very quickly.
Imagine now what will happen this or next year when msrp drops to $10k level. Japanese are not stupid. If they priced Luxman and Accuphase same, there muct be a very good reason in doing so.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:26 AM

Default Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N6 View Post
Congratulations! One heck-of-a step up from the Yamaha!
I think we should spend this forum's space more wisely instead of congratulating each other endlessly. There are so many variables and comparisons to discuss, especially having in mind the serious monetary investments and out-of-all-proportions markups of greedy North America importers.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrsale View Post
I think we should spend this forum's space more wisely instead of congratulating each other endlessly. There are so many variables and comparisons to discuss, especially having in mind the serious monetary investments and out-of-all-proportions markups of greedy North America importers.
navrsale - while you are certainly entitled to express your opinion, I have to disagree with your statement. Our forum members for the most part, get along extremely well and the level of respect and consideration of others far exceeds any other forum out there. Since many of us follow with great interest, the "audio journey" of fellow members, congratulating a member on a new acquisition is customary.

While I personally have a hard time getting my head around the atypical mark-up of the US Accuphase distributor, it doesn't take away from the fact that a fellow member has made a decision to purchase a fine piece of audio equipment that will hopefully bring them many years of enjoyment - and for that reason, many of us feel compelled to extend our congratulations.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
navrsale - while you are certainly entitled to express your opinion, I have to disagree with your statement. Our forum members for the most part, get along extremely well and the level of respect and consideration of others far exceeds any other forum out there. Since many of us follow with great interest, the "audio journey" of fellow members, congratulating a member on a new acquisition is customary.

While I personally have a hard time getting my head around the atypical mark-up of the US Accuphase distributor, it doesn't take away from the fact that a fellow member has made a decision to purchase a fine piece of audio equipment that will hopefully bring them many years of enjoyment - and for that reason, many of us feel compelled to extend our congratulations.
+1
Parasound JC-1s (3), A-21
Kharma dB11-s Mains, Cremona M (center) Grand Pianos (rears)
JL Audio Gotham G213 V1(1) F-112V1(1) F-112V2(1)
Clearaudio Innovation Wood, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR Dynavector XX2 MK2 Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Audio Research Ref 2se phono
Lumin X1
Lumin S1
Oppo-205
AudioQuest Hurricane HC, Tornado HC(2), and Thunder HC, Diamond RJ/E
PS Audio P-10(2) AC-3, AC-5, AC-10 PCs.
(6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, (6)Furutech outlets.
(1) GDX-DR-NCF, (2) GDX-D Gold, (3) GDX-D Rhodium
AZ Absolute Copper, and Clear Day Audio solid silver Bal ICs.
WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables.
Rob
Old 01-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrsale View Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:14 AM

The MSRP of the E650 in Canada is $13999. And this is Canadian dollars!The US distributor has a healthy markup to say the least. This translates to just over $10000 US.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:31 PM

Don’t get me started about the us distributor. He could cut prices 20% easily, still make a mint,and way increase volume.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:17 AM
Green Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXDOG923 View Post
The MSRP of the E650 in Canada is $13999. And this is Canadian dollars!The US distributor has a healthy markup to say the least. This translates to just over $10000 US.

From my information from the Canadian distributor (Audio Alliance), the current retail price for E650 is $16500, E480 is $13000. At the current exchange rate a 30% discount to US prices.

This retail in Canada for Accuphase is very close to the level of the Luxman integrated and makes Accuphase a steal in Canada.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:03 AM

Prices in Europe are even slightly lower than that - and include around 20% VAT!

So yeah, USA customers are really taken advantage of.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:10 AM

Makes it worth a trip to Canada just to buy the darn thing (and ski and fish and enjoy the country).