AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Home Theater

Home Theater Novice to Sublime

Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbo3.6 View Post
Bob,

you have been incredibly helpful.
No sweat Anthony, it's my pleasure to provide some of the facts.

Quote:
I am leaning towards the NAD, sounds as though it will suit this room perfectly and leave me some cash for other odds and ends.
Do you mean the Denon?

Quote:
BTW Since every thread I have joined has been so helpful I have decided to Subscribe.
-----------
Old 02-13-2013, 08:54 PM

What do you think of the Integra DTR-80.3?

Thanks,

Researcher
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM

---.--- Who, me?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 AM

Anyone!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
No sweat Anthony, it's my pleasure to provide some of the facts.
Do you mean the Denon?
Yes correction I meant Denon. Thanks
MAIN SYSTEM: Shindo Masseto, (2) Accuphase A30's, Arcam DV29, Transrotor Darkstar, Jelco 750, CA DaVinci, Audience AU24SE, JL F-112, Totem Winds. Ricchard Gray OFFICE SYSTEM: Mac C26, Mac 2505, accuphase T-100, Marrantz, Technics SL1400MkII, CA 2002, Tandberg 10X, Nak 680ZX. Fried R3 signature (owned since new) HT: Arcam AVR600, Mrantz UD7007, Panasonic 65" VT50, Dali Helicon 7.0 (2) JL F-110, DAILY TV VIEWING: (In build phase)Panasonic 58" pro series Totem tribe 5.1 Arcam AVR300 (temp) DV88,Sony BR GAMING SYSTEM: Runco XP50DHD, Arcam AVR250, Dali Mentor 5.1, Xbox 360 .Too much more to list
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Yes correction I meant Denon. Thanks
I found a Dennon AVR4520 $1599.99 new. I am going to have to find a way to audition one locally.
MAIN SYSTEM: Shindo Masseto, (2) Accuphase A30's, Arcam DV29, Transrotor Darkstar, Jelco 750, CA DaVinci, Audience AU24SE, JL F-112, Totem Winds. Ricchard Gray OFFICE SYSTEM: Mac C26, Mac 2505, accuphase T-100, Marrantz, Technics SL1400MkII, CA 2002, Tandberg 10X, Nak 680ZX. Fried R3 signature (owned since new) HT: Arcam AVR600, Mrantz UD7007, Panasonic 65" VT50, Dali Helicon 7.0 (2) JL F-110, DAILY TV VIEWING: (In build phase)Panasonic 58" pro series Totem tribe 5.1 Arcam AVR300 (temp) DV88,Sony BR GAMING SYSTEM: Runco XP50DHD, Arcam AVR250, Dali Mentor 5.1, Xbox 360 .Too much more to list

Last edited by 94turbo3.6; 02-14-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
What do you think of the Integra DTR-80.3?

Thanks,

Researcher
The Integra DTR-80.3 AV receiver is the top gun receiver in Integra's arsenal right now.
It is equivalent to the 97% same Onkyo TX-NR5009 AV receiver. The Onkyo is a much better deal; money wise, and even design wise (better looks). It uses the exact same internal parts. And because the 5009 has been replaced by the 5010, you can get it for even a lower price now.

I had, and still have some Onkyo receivers (rock solid receivers). Right now in my main rig I'm using a pre/pro, the Integra DHC-80.3 which is pretty much the DTR-80.3 receiver without the internal amplification. And it's good enough for me, in the now. And I like Audyssey MultEQ XT32.

Nowadays you can buy quality and quantity amplification for pretty cheap on the used market, and even new.
So, why not get a pre/pro ....
But then, you can get a receiver for even cheaper, and it will act as a pre/pro as good as a dedicated one! Like the
Denon AVR-4520CI for example, and/or the older AVR-4311CI. ...And also the Onkyo TX-NR5009, or/and the newer TX-NR5010.

Best is to try one to see if you like its ergonomics, its compatibility with yourself, and its overall sound quality (movies, and music as well). Get it from an authorized dealer with a 30-day money back return no question asked.

But there is no doubt! => The Integra DTR-80.3, or Onkyo TX-NR5009 equivalent, and Onkyo TX-NR5010, and Denon AVR-4520CI, and Denon AVR-4311CI are all top-notch A/V receivers.

Quote:
I found a Dennon AVR4520 $1599.99 new. I am going to have to find a way to audition one locally.
That's about the current street price right now. And people who own that receiver they very much like it. I would too.

Last edited by LordoftheRingsEE; 02-14-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
The Integra DTR-80.3 AV receiver is the top gun receiver in Integra's arsenal right now.
It is equivalent to the 97% same Onkyo TX-NR5009 AV receiver. The Onkyo is a much better deal; money wise, and even design wise (better looks). It uses the exact same internal parts. And because the 5009 has been replaced by the 5010, you can get it for even a lower price now.

I had, and still have some Onkyo receivers (rock solid receivers). Right now in my main rig I'm using a pre/pro, the Integra DHC-80.3 which is pretty much the DTR-80.3 receiver without the internal amplification. And it's good enough for me, in the now. And I like Audyssey MultEQ XT32.

Nowadays you can buy quality and quantity amplification for pretty cheap on the used market, and even new.
So, why not get a pre/pro ....
But then, you can get a receiver for even cheaper, and it will act as a pre/pro as good as a dedicated one! Like the
Denon AVR-4520CI for example, and/or the older AVR-4311CI. ...And also the Onkyo TX-NR5009, or/and the newer TX-NR5010.

Best is to try one to see if you like its ergonomics, its compatibility with yourself, and its overall sound quality (movies, and music as well). Get it from an authorized dealer with a 30-day money back return no question asked.

But there is no doubt! => The Integra DTR-80.3, or Onkyo TX-NR5009 equivalent, and Onkyo TX-NR5010, and Denon AVR-4520CI, and Denon AVR-4311CI are all top-notch A/V receivers.

That's about the current street price right now. And people who own that receiver they very much like it. I would too.

Are the Onkyo/Integra AVR amps class AB or D? Can they be used with 4 ohm speakers?

Thanks,

Researcher
Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Are the Onkyo/Integra AVR amps class AB or D? Can they be used with 4 ohm speakers?

Thanks,

Researcher
Class AB, all of them. And yes, they can drive 4 Ohm loads. The ones I mentioned just above they're all THX Ultra2 Plus certified.
And lab tests performed on some of them that were reviewed, or their predecessors revealed so.

I can give you tons of links on Integra/Onkyo AV receivers' reviews, but you can google too. Check AreaDVD in Germany, check HomeTheater in the USA, check Audioholics in the USA, check Europe, France, UK, Great Britain, check everywhere, these are solid receivers.

You were requesting about the Integra DTR-80.3 specifically, check at AVS Forum, from the owners themselves.
The pre/pro equivalent I do have, Terry here has, and other members as well and we all like.

The amplification in Onkyo/Integra AV receivers (in particular their top tiers) is good, very good.
...Or they wouldn't be THX Ultra2 Plus certified.
And no matter what others are saying about THX, nowadays their seal of approval means an extensive list of passed parameters (amplification, preamplification, and even the video section).

Anything else you wanna know?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM

Presently I would not purchase any Arcam products. I have had nothing but problems with there reliability even though I did like their sound. I had a AVR300 and the only sound that came out of it was stereo direct, no digital for HT. I presently still have a AVP 700 that in order to get sound to the left and right speaker needs to have one side plugged into XLR and the other plugged into RCA unbalanced. They are not worth spending any dollars on having them repaired. I have an old Denon AV receiver that has been problem free for over 8 years and still works great. Just my 2 cents.

Harbeth 40.3 XD, Sound Anchor stands w/ Stillpoints, Luxman M900 & C900, Aurender N20, Jay's Audio CDT3 - MK3 CD player, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Shunyata Everest, Altaira