AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aerial Acoustics

Aerial Acoustics Exceptional Performance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Yamaki's Avatar
Yamaki Yamaki is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Way Out West
Posts: 4,699
Default

They are hugely (no pun intended) different than my Aerial Acoustic 8's and the 7T's I've listened to.

The 20T V2 has been on the market since the Fall of 2009 and mimics the two box design of the 10T and the first version of the 20T, with a revised crossover designed by Michael Kelly which differs from the original 20T design.

The ones I had the privilege to listen to were set up in a large room that had been treated with acoustic panels to the benefit of the 20T's specific sonic performance. The owner remarked he had quite the time fine tuning the acoustics and positioning of the speakers but once the sweet spot was found, he has enjoyed them ever since.

And what a sweet spot it is! The upper mid-range and treble frequencies seamlessly acted upon one another, bringing the detail of the music forward with no distortion, blending or confusion. The crossover Mr. Kelly designed is top drawer in all respects and greatly compliments the custom build Scanspeak woofer cones. The low ranges are smooth, extended and musical which is no surprise given the two 9" woofers mounted in the lower cabinet. The bass from these speakers can pleasantly support the mid and upper ranges of the music, then slam you back into your seat when the music demands the bass frequencies are to take center stage.

I found the performance of the 20T's to be commanding yet delicate. The 20T's have the ability to faithfully reproduce the music in all it's glory, just as the artist intended.

The pair I had the happy luck to view were done in Santos Rosewood and were visually stunning. The wood grain matching was superb and there wasn't a seam or line out of place across their entire, and massive, cabinets.

Lastly, the hardware to support the cabinets and to anchor these massive speakers is of the best quality, rivaling the best systems available today.

If I had sufficient room to provide these speakers the space they demand, I'd have a pair.
__________________
-Michael
HT-Audio|Sony 4K LED|Oppo|McIntosh D100 - MC501 - MR85 - MX135|Aerial Acoustics|JRiver
Office|Yamaha|Denon|Onkyo|Paradigm
Mstr Bdrm|Yamaha|Panasonic|NHT
Garage-Shop|Yamaha|KEF
Studio|Yamaha|JBL
|Wireworld Everywhere|
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-16-2015, 11:00 PM
mchydro's Avatar
mchydro mchydro is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
They are hugely (no pun intended) different than my Aerial Acoustic 8's and the 7T's I've listened to.

The 20T V2 has been on the market since the Fall of 2009 and mimics the two box design of the 10T and the first version of the 20T, with a revised crossover designed by Michael Kelly which differs from the original 20T design.

The ones I had the privilege to listen to were set up in a large room that had been treated with acoustic panels to the benefit of the 20T's specific sonic performance. The owner remarked he had quite the time fine tuning the acoustics and positioning of the speakers but once the sweet spot was found, he has enjoyed them ever since.

And what a sweet spot it is! The upper mid-range and treble frequencies seamlessly acted upon one another, bringing the detail of the music forward with no distortion, blending or confusion. The crossover Mr. Kelly designed is top drawer in all respects and greatly compliments the custom build Scanspeak woofer cones. The low ranges are smooth, extended and musical which is no surprise given the two 9" woofers mounted in the lower cabinet. The bass from these speakers can pleasantly support the mid and upper ranges of the music, then slam you back into your seat when the music demands the bass frequencies are to take center stage.

I found the performance of the 20T's to be commanding yet delicate. The 20T's have the ability to faithfully reproduce the music in all it's glory, just as the artist intended.

The pair I had the happy luck to view were done in Santos Rosewood and were visually stunning. The wood grain matching was superb and there wasn't a seam or line out of place across their entire, and massive, cabinets.

Lastly, the hardware to support the cabinets and to anchor these massive speakers is of the best quality, rivaling the best systems available today.

If I had sufficient room to provide these speakers the space they demand, I'd have a pair.
Great review! You're an excellent writer. This is the kind of information I've been looking for. Thanks!
__________________
System build in progress...
TAD Reference One MK2 Loudspeakers, Esoteric Grandioso M1 Monoblock Amplifiers (2), Esoteric Grandioso C1 Linestage Preamplifier, Stillpoints Ultra 5's, Richard Gray's Power Company RGPC 1200 Custom (2), Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) AC Receptacles (3)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Yamaki's Avatar
Yamaki Yamaki is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Way Out West
Posts: 4,699
Default

aw shucks...it was nuthin' really.

You are welcome and good luck with your decision.
__________________
-Michael
HT-Audio|Sony 4K LED|Oppo|McIntosh D100 - MC501 - MR85 - MX135|Aerial Acoustics|JRiver
Office|Yamaha|Denon|Onkyo|Paradigm
Mstr Bdrm|Yamaha|Panasonic|NHT
Garage-Shop|Yamaha|KEF
Studio|Yamaha|JBL
|Wireworld Everywhere|
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-18-2015, 07:53 PM
mchydro's Avatar
mchydro mchydro is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
aw shucks...it was nuthin' really.

You are welcome and good luck with your decision.
Thanks again Yamaki. I did make the decision to get the 20T V2's in Santos Rosewood along with the SW12 subs. I was seeing what others who had experience with these speakers thought. Feedback like yours makes me feel even better about my decision!
__________________
System build in progress...
TAD Reference One MK2 Loudspeakers, Esoteric Grandioso M1 Monoblock Amplifiers (2), Esoteric Grandioso C1 Linestage Preamplifier, Stillpoints Ultra 5's, Richard Gray's Power Company RGPC 1200 Custom (2), Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) AC Receptacles (3)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-20-2015, 10:00 AM
trek737's Avatar
trek737 trek737 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchydro View Post
Thanks again Yamaki. I did make the decision to get the 20T V2's in Santos Rosewood along with the SW12 subs. I was seeing what others who had experience with these speakers thought. Feedback like yours makes me feel even better about my decision!
Congrats on your new Aerial 20T V2's! They are great speakers that will keep bringing you back to hear more...
__________________
Jim

HT Equipment:
Speakers: Aerial Acoustic 20T V2's (L,R), CC5 (C), SW12 Sub (2), SR3 surrounds
Amplifiers: McIntosh MC601 Monoblocks (3), MC452 (1), B&K Reference 2220, 1240
Pre-amp: Anthem D2V
Blu-ray Player: Oppo BDP-103
CD Player: Sony CDP-CX455 400 Disc
Projector: Sony VPL-VW1100ES
Cable: Blue Jean Belden HDMI Cables, Monoprice 12 AWG CL2 Rated 2 Speaker Wire
Internet Music Source: Sonos Player
Gaming: Play Station 3
VCR/DVD Player / Recorder: Panasonic DMR-EZ48V
TV Source: Direct TV
Remote: URC MX-980
RF Receiver: MSC-400 Master System Controller

Galaxy Theater: http://www.audioaficionado.org/gener...tml#post303724

Den Equipment:
Receiver: Denon AVR-3311CI
Amps: B&K 3220,2220
Speakers: Aerial 7B's & soon to be CC3B
Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT100
TV: Panasonic TC-P65VT25
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-20-2015, 06:00 PM
mchydro's Avatar
mchydro mchydro is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737 View Post

Congrats on your new Aerial 20T V2's! They are great speakers that will keep bringing you back to hear more...
Thanks very much!
__________________
System build in progress...
TAD Reference One MK2 Loudspeakers, Esoteric Grandioso M1 Monoblock Amplifiers (2), Esoteric Grandioso C1 Linestage Preamplifier, Stillpoints Ultra 5's, Richard Gray's Power Company RGPC 1200 Custom (2), Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) AC Receptacles (3)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Yamaki's Avatar
Yamaki Yamaki is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Way Out West
Posts: 4,699
Default

Wow! No messing around for you, eh?

Congratulations!
__________________
-Michael
HT-Audio|Sony 4K LED|Oppo|McIntosh D100 - MC501 - MR85 - MX135|Aerial Acoustics|JRiver
Office|Yamaha|Denon|Onkyo|Paradigm
Mstr Bdrm|Yamaha|Panasonic|NHT
Garage-Shop|Yamaha|KEF
Studio|Yamaha|JBL
|Wireworld Everywhere|
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-20-2015, 11:12 PM
mchydro's Avatar
mchydro mchydro is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
Wow! No messing around for you, eh?

Congratulations!
Thanks! I caught Lu Flu like so many others.
__________________
System build in progress...
TAD Reference One MK2 Loudspeakers, Esoteric Grandioso M1 Monoblock Amplifiers (2), Esoteric Grandioso C1 Linestage Preamplifier, Stillpoints Ultra 5's, Richard Gray's Power Company RGPC 1200 Custom (2), Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) AC Receptacles (3)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Yamaki's Avatar
Yamaki Yamaki is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Way Out West
Posts: 4,699
Default

Yes, it is a contagious and insidious disease...
__________________
-Michael
HT-Audio|Sony 4K LED|Oppo|McIntosh D100 - MC501 - MR85 - MX135|Aerial Acoustics|JRiver
Office|Yamaha|Denon|Onkyo|Paradigm
Mstr Bdrm|Yamaha|Panasonic|NHT
Garage-Shop|Yamaha|KEF
Studio|Yamaha|JBL
|Wireworld Everywhere|
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2018 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Fortress
Fortress
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase