AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM

Thanks Myles. Head amp arrives next week as well which I am looking forward to.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM

One Allnic user I've spoken to raved about the head amp and claims it's better than the MC section. Interested to hear your impressions.
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Yes, will let you know. H5000 DHT will arrive hopefully later in the year too. That's the one i'm really salivating over.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM

Copied from my blog:

'It seems odd to talk in terms of upgrading the H3000V phono stage but the effect of adding the HA3000 is quite something. I was expecting a moderate but detectable increase in all the usual hifi properties - resolution, speed, space, depth, purity, timing, coherency, solidity - and you do get all of that, but in a bigger dose than I could have imgained.

What that doesn't tell you though is more about the overall bigger picture. The sound now seems injected with a sense of aliveness that I previously not thought possible from vinyl. Much like your first experience with a good active system, every note seems to be pressurised and energised and delivered to your living room so raw, intense and so immediate that going back the stock H3000 step ups makes it seem small, soft, weak and a distant impressionistic rendering of the music rather than a directly wired connection. Anyone who has heard the bare H3000 will know that it's difficult to contemplate the 3000 phono in those terms; indeed, the idea of it being in any way small, distant and weak seems preposterous until you hear it with the Head Amp.

Slotting in the HA3000 the sound is huge, grand, boundless, filling the room in front and behind me in a way I've not experienced before. There is some more running in to be done but so far I am pleased as punch with this piece and my findings seem to contradict the reticent nature of some of the reviews out there. This isn't like taking a good phono and gilding the lily but rather a whole different flavour and performance level. Allnic could almost incorporate the HA3000 and H3000 into one box and call it the H4000 and sell it for £15000 and i'm sure it would do extremely well.'

Old 12-01-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus340r View Post
A few changes.

Upgraded the AC to an AC3

I wasn't sure what to expect because comments and internet rants have always ranged from the "I couldn't tell and difference, its just a marketing ploy" to "the earth's axis altered slightly".

Well for me, in my system, the difference is quite marked and it's quite interesting to go back to all those early reviews and read what was said because they were mostly based on the AC3. This is what the deck should be IMO.

Better precision, more focus, instruments and vocals are cleaner and more firmly locked in space and anchored down, with greater shape and greater air around them and generally the table just sounds noticeably more metrononic and stable like the speed stability and surefootedness of a CD player. Instruments are a lot more together, unshakeably so now, elucidating new musical intent and interplay that wasn't there previously. At first the table feels like it's sort of lost something and has taken on a blandness but this soon goes and I think that's because you have to adjust as your brain is doing less work filling in the last 5% of blanks making it all fit together; now it just fits together on its own !

Going back to the single motor afterwards is a bit of a downer with everything sounding all a bit vague and wooly by comparison. So yes, a big upgrade for me.

Hello !

You should ask your cats about this upgrade! I'm pretty sure they have a strong opinion!
No kidding, you have a wonderful system. I find the Raven and Reed arm especially... impressive.

Last edited by Egeswald; 12-02-2017 at 02:07 PM.