AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 08-28-2017, 11:46 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Check the website. The new site has just gone live.
I'd been looking at the EF version, which didn't list the gauge in the initial copy. But, it pays to scroll down all the way, as the specs are definitely there. I'd missed it before. Thanks! In too much of a hurry, I guess.

So same gauge as the Venom HC (perfect), but would there be a significant advantage with either Delta? The Venom HC extension plus whichever cord I get will be connecting a voltage regulator to the wall, which supports some of my gear plus another line conditioner (which has gear plugged into it as well).

Thanks again for your patience with a semi-audiophile such as myself and my pretty basic questions. I'm still learning.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 08-28-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:18 PM

The Delta conductors are superior because they are VTX. Which means they are constructed as a 'virtual tube'. This construction reduces any skin effects and reduces the inductance of the wire for an equivalent gauge.

Also, the NR version has built-in 'noise reduction' via our CCI filters.

The Delta cables are 'noticeably' superior to the Venom-HC from the feedback we have received from customers worldwide.

Last edited by CGabriel; 08-31-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
The Delta conductors are superior because they are VTX. Which means means they are constructed as a 'virtual tube'. This construction reduces any skin effects and reduces the inductance of the wire for an equivalent gauge.

Also, the NR version has built-in 'noise reduction' via our CCI filters.

The Delta cables are 'noticeably' superior to the Venom-HC from the feedback we have received from customers worldwide.
Thanks for that info!
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 09-08-2017, 11:32 AM

I've been really impressed with the VENOM PS8 I picked up about a year ago and have been looking to upgrade the cable going to the wall. I had originally thought I'd go with the Alpha HC. I'm using the VENOM DEFENDER and am now wondering if there is any issue with using the NR Alpha with it. Would the NR Alpha be a worthy upgrade? Or should I look for last years Alpha HC?
Old 09-08-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuitofnow View Post
I've been really impressed with the VENOM PS8 I picked up about a year ago and have been looking to upgrade the cable going to the wall. I had originally thought I'd go with the Alpha HC. I'm using the VENOM DEFENDER and am now wondering if there is any issue with using the NR Alpha with it. Would the NR Alpha be a worthy upgrade? Or should I look for last years Alpha HC?
You would do well with either power cord as an upgrade from the wall to the Venom PS 8. The new NR Alpha is a measurably better at noise-reduction and has similar gauge to the HC with the VTX conductor set, but if you can find an Alpha HC at a great price on the used market, that should also work very well. I would follow your budget. If you choose the HC, perhaps the savings allows for an upgrade elsewhere.

Best regards,

Grant
Old 09-08-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
You would do well with either power cord as an upgrade from the wall to the Venom PS 8. The new NR Alpha is a measurably better at noise-reduction and has similar gauge to the HC with the VTX conductor set, but if you can find an Alpha HC at a great price on the used market, that should also work very well. I would follow your budget. If you choose the HC, perhaps the savings allows for an upgrade elsewhere.

Best regards,

Grant
Thank you, Grant. That is useful advice.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:00 PM

I recently purchased another PS8 for a small system in a different room (with modest amplifier wattage) Rather than getting the Venom HC I bought a Delta NR power cord instead. Sounds great and looks good. Pleased so far.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D. George View Post
I recently purchased another PS8 for a small system in a different room (with modest amplifier wattage) Rather than getting the Venom HC I bought a Delta NR power cord instead. Sounds great and looks good. Pleased so far.
Do you have a Venom HC from your first PS8? If so, how does it compare to the Delta NR? Delta seem like an upgrade?
Old 09-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Pursuiteofnow:

No. MY first PS8 is in a system that does both home theater (5.1) and 2 channel audio. The main power conditioner is a Hydra Talos with Ztron Cobra power cords to the wall (which is a dedicated 20 amp circuit) and to the Classe Sigma SSP processor and the Sigma Amp5. The 4K Sony disc player and the LG OLED 4K TV set also go into the Hydra. The PS8 was added for overflow items including 3 wall warts, a SONOS connect, and a Bluesound Vault2.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Last edited by Richard D. George; 09-10-2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-26-2018, 12:40 AM

Hello Carlin and Grant,

May I ask when using Denali 6000T, is sigma nr significantly better than sigma ef? I’m asking because in the website, pairing sigma ef with 6000t is recommended as one of the possible applications.

Many thanks!