AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 10-20-2016, 06:29 AM

Default Any info about new Kubala Sosna's top model ?

Above the Elation I think.
The Master Reference.
Cannot find any more info. About it.
See it from photo by Leo Yeh, Myhiend.com

Thanks.
Toga
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-846309999.jpg (78.0 KB, 73 views)
Old 10-20-2016, 06:58 AM

I utilize two (2) ELATION AES/EBU 110-ohm cables between my Esoteric P-02 and D-02 for dual-AES ES-LINK3 connections between the transport and the DAC. I've had them for a few years now and they still impress me every time I hit "play" with what they do for the connection between the 2 units. Their build quality is truly-over the top and they exude quality in every way; imaging, sound-stage depth, height and density and overall musical playback quality of the system made a big jump from the day I put them in and even more after a reasonable amount of break-in.

I tried and owned many AES/EBU and S/PDIF cables over the years, particularly for the link between my P-03U/D-03 and as of the last 2 years, the P-02 and D-02. Top cables from AQ and AQ WEL Signature, Tara (0.5 and 0.8 with HFX), Cardas, VH Audio, Stealth and others, while they were all very good in many ways, none had the total package of aural improvements and capabilities that the ELATION! AES/EBU brought to the system. They have the right level of warmth, full dynamic range, imaging, etc...without being "too" much or "too" forward, etc...Their resolving power for music in my config is beyond words most days.

I've not tried the ELATION! Analog or Speaker cables; others I know who utilize them in their systems rave about them and own them for multiple years. It's also amazing the number of manufacturers over the years who take whole or partial cable looms of Kubala to shows; from what I can see over multiple shows and multiple years, Kubala is a 'go-to' brand for vendors to show off their offerings at consumer audio shows most frequently.

I do own EMOTION 75-ohm and 50-ohm BNC:BNC clocking cables as well; they are suitably over-built as well.

Joe's website has not been updated in some time and I heard there were other things in the works so my best advice is to reach out to Kubala and a local dealer to get the current scoop on what is available as the website is not complete from what I can see..

If you are looking for another great recommendation on world-class set of Analog XLR (or RCA) interconnects, speaker and power cords, I can stand behind Elrod Statement Gold current generation of cables.
They are another center-point of my system and give energy in the room, dynamic, full frequency range "wow" factor, sound-staging in 3 dimensions (think wrap-around/surround stereo) that I've not heard
the equal of in my admittedly non-comprehensive experience. Many know and talk about Elrod's power cords in the Statement Gold and Diamond line; the analog interconnects and speaker cables are something you have to hear if at all possible. I happen to like the combination of Kubala-Sosna for digital and Elrod for everything else, very much...

System synergy though is absolutely everything in this hobby....what does your current system look like and where are you located?

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 10-20-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:47 PM

Thanks, I own a few Elation power cords. Have tried Elation SC and IC before.
And I use LAN or ethernet as digital cable.
Now I have seen that there is the Master Reference Series in RMAF, so I would like to know more about this new series.
My system is a simple 2 ch system with one digital and one analog as sources.

Toga
Old 10-21-2016, 03:28 AM

If you find any info on a separate Master Reference Series, please reply back. I sent in a request for the latest PDF catalog file yesterday and it had "Master Reference Cables" on the cover page of the doc which listed all available KS cables of all types at all levels up to ELATION and other names. Master Reference Cables seems to be the bi-line for the entire line of cables they make, not a specific new line of cables above ELATION.
Please PM me if you want a copy of the file though KS will send it out via email as well if you would prefer to get a copy from them.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 10-21-2016 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:51 AM

Ahh I see...
So Elation is a model in Master Ref. Series, and the top of it.
So I misunderstood. I though there is a new model called Master Reference.
Thanks for explanation.

Toga.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:20 PM

Anytime...for USB , Ethernet and possibly one other they have cables in a category in the chart above Elation as well but from what I see in the catalogue sheet Elation is top of the pyramid for analog, power and 110 ohm and 75 ohm digital...word has it their website is undergoing mods and at some point will show more info...where are you located? Your local KS dealer can also provide more concrete info. If you want the catalogue sheet they sent, please let me know.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:13 AM

Here is the file....says "Master Reference" on the cover page.

KUBALA-SOSNA-2016 Catalog V1.pdf
Old 10-26-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr24069 View Post
Here is the file....says "Master Reference" on the cover page.

Attachment 47883
Wow thankyou very much.
Sorry for late reply due to AA app crashed all the time after ios10 installation.

Toga
Old 10-26-2016, 08:58 AM

You are very welcome....enjoy! Glad to see you are back!