AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 08-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
Well 20k is about what I have in my system at one time - give or take. With vinyl it is just very easy to get there very quickly..
Andy.......You can get there just a quickly with digital. A single Esoteric K-01 SACD/CD/DAC will put you over that number with a single component.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 AM
A happy little vegemite..

Thank you gentleman for your kind words. I hope it comes up to scratch. The Antipodes is being built in NZ atm, the Magico is on the boat, and the Devialet is up and running...

Gosh - Howie - back to bookshelf's - that would be a BIG change.

Quote:
You can get there just a quickly with digital.
ha - ha - too true Dan, too true.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach
Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Andy.......You can get there just a quickly with digital. A single Esoteric K-01 SACD/CD/DAC will put you over that number with a single component.
20k spent digital vs 20k spent analog... I better put my money on analog.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number95 View Post
20k spent digital vs 20k spent analog... I better put my money on analog.
Well, as a very wise man once said to me in another thread "Andy - it ain't binary". Too true.

Berthold Auerbach
Old 08-13-2014, 05:49 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Andy . . . All I've gotta say is . . . .

I'll say more later when I recover from my shock over the great stuff you are getting !!!!!

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 08-13-2014, 07:48 PM

Ha ha - thanks Julian - I must admit to love un-boxing toys and the thrill of discovery.

All I can say is that it is great I cannot afford flash cars!

Berthold Auerbach
Old 08-13-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
Ha ha - thanks Julian - I must admit to love un-boxing toys and the thrill of discovery.

All I can say is that it is great I cannot afford flash cars!
I have a Devialet 200 and a pair of Magico S1s that I uses with an Auraliti PK90 into the usb input. The SAM feature makes a noticeable improvement to the low end of the S1s.

I'd be interested in how the 120 works with the S1s. I needed the additional features of the 200 that weren't available in the 120 at the time I bought it.

If you have a chance I would recommend listening to the S1s with a 200, the S1s are relatively low in efficiency. Plus you can always add another to go monoblocks with the 200 but not the 120.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djn04 View Post
I have a Devialet 200 and a pair of Magico S1s that I uses with an Auraliti PK90 into the usb input. The SAM feature makes a noticeable improvement to the low end of the S1s.

I'd be interested in how the 120 works with the S1s. I needed the additional features of the 200 that weren't available in the 120 at the time I bought it.

If you have a chance I would recommend listening to the S1s with a 200, the S1s are relatively low in efficiency. Plus you can always add another to go monoblocks with the 200 but not the 120.
Great to hear from you Thanks.

I don't play loudly so hopefully the 120 will do the job. I do not want to spend the extra 4k or so on the 200....my budget is reached!

I had an Auraliti PK 90- back in 2010 - 2012 or so - great servers. Love MPD.

I am told the USB input of the Devialet is the best sounding - hope so or I just wasted 4 k on a server ....

I thought about the headphone (pre) out. Apparently they have to be specially ordered from Devialet (not dealer retro fittable). So that went out the window.

Thanks for sharing

Berthold Auerbach

Last edited by AndyPandy; 08-13-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 AM

Gosh this wee Devialet is a superb all in one unit. Suits my Spendor SA1's very nicely.

The functionality is wonderful - I love controlling everything by an iPhone app. The absolute silence in between notes is addictive. It sounds of nothing.

Hard to fault. Easy to like.

I am very glad I bought one.

Berthold Auerbach

Last edited by AndyPandy; 08-16-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:44 PM

Congratulations Andy, sounds like you're enjoying your cool new system. The ability to access and control all your digital music with an iDevice from the listening chair is quite seductive, isn't it?
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2