AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 07-18-2018, 12:05 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Congrats Dan - look forward to hearing more! Out of interest, what do you do with your power amplifiers (P10, wall socket or other)?
Jamie.......In the living room system the MC452 is plugged directly into a dedicated 20 amp circuit with a Furutech Flux 50 plugged into the amplifier that the power cord feeds. The PS Audio P10 is plugged into its own 20 amp dedicated circuit and feeds power to the preamplifier and source components along with the new APC UPS that will backup power to the music server. All power cables are two meter Wireworld Silver Electra.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-18-2018, 09:54 PM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Dan,
The APC SMC1000-2U is a great looking unit at a very reasonable price. I look forward to reading your thoughts after you get some time with it in your setup. I've long been a fan of APC for all of my computer equipment. I'm also a fan of their audio related power components.

Sometime back I decided to try a APC S15Blk with my C2300, MCD1100 and streaming setup and was surprised at the improvement considering the cost. It was enough of an improvement that I started experimenting with even more costly units. While a couple of well respected units that I tried were high-end power components, they did not sound thousands of dollars better in my opinion. I carted each of the demo units back to my dealer one at a time and finally ordered a second APC S15Blk. All source components are connected to the APC's as well as my HT sources (Oppo UDP-205, MX150, Atlona HDMI switch, Roku, Apple TV, cable box, router, etc.). I have 5, 20-amp dedicated circuits in my audio closet and have my amps plugged directly in their own circuit. Both APC's are plugged into their own 20-amp circuit with a Shunyata Venom Defender in each circuit. Perhaps incoming power has a lot to do with the improvement or lack thereof but at this point I have zero desire to try anything else. In my setup, the APC's were winners. Hope you reach a similar conclusion with the APC SMC1000-2U.
McIntosh MX150, C2300, MC601 (5), MC207, MCD12000, MR88, MPC1500, LB100, MCLK12. Anthem AVM 90. Lumin U1. Bluesound Node. Oppo 205. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, CWM8.3D, CCM7.5 S2. SVS SB16-Ultra (4). Shunyata. Wireworld. Transparent. GIK.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Terry.......The APC S15BLK is a fine UPS that was designed more specifically for audio and video system backup, and packaged in an attractive case and face plate that lends itself to aesthetic integration in an audio system rack. You have taken full advantage of the two S15BLK UPS units in your system. I am sure the 1500VA backup capabilities provide you with peace of mind, not to mention the improved power conditioning and voltage regulation that enhances system performance. The APC S15BLK is a good looking UPS.

I am patiently waiting for my APC SMC1000-2U UPS to arrive. FedEx is scheduled to deliver it tomorrow.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A