AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 07-19-2016, 08:05 AM

Default Vivid giya replacement?

Hi again everyone,

I goning to make this as shorter.l and fit as rules as possible.
apolosizes for this.

My g2 has now damaged on D50, D125s so sadly..
Little baby just take the cover off and pushed on both domes..

I have contacted to dealer(South Korea) and asked about the prices but it cost totally inreasonable to me.. for replacing domes..

Does any know about the prices on parts of tweeters and mid ranges?
and any information that i could get them?

Vivid audio just let me to contact to new dealer and they will help but prices are really unkind..

I also have small winkles on D25, and other D50.. these are already marked with bad paint job when i bought this from previous dealer long story but decided to pass these matters(dealer changed now)

I would like to hear about your expriences of the replacement matters!

and also I have also seeing but of grue isuess on tweeters from other side speaker anyone have isuess like me?

Vivid audio provide world warranty?

Thank you and have a nice day.
Make sure cover safely if you have kids like me.

Last edited by bratt; 07-19-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:12 PM

I don't believe you can just replace the domes; you need to replace the entire driver which is not just a tedious process, it's very, very easy to damage them as well (think of a sheet of aluminum foil less than the thickness of human hair; that's what the cones are made of.)
Old 07-20-2016, 02:10 PM

Hi Everone,

I would like to talk about the replacement on G2 tweeter and mid ranges replacement.

In my country (South Korea) dealer just mentioned the prices for D50 is $800(without tube), and D125s is $1300. or more.

Well, i think this is very expensive price for those damaged dome fixed.
rest of drivers are NON of problems, it is just dent on domes.

and as you know these domes are really sensitive too easy to get damaged.

D50 show 2014 as photo shows.
Anyway, i took out them from the speaker(it was just simple) and if you see photos, the top cap(with cone) may also comes out it is not much difficult i have tried pull the top cap out and in again and again, it is not very easy but simple and it can be done without dent or damaged domes, so i think if Vivid Audio can provide the top parts(domes and gray plastic cover) with wired cable on both sides soldiering, it will cost much less than whole parts of D50.

D125s, it tested on 2011.. as photo shows, my speaker manufactured on 2014 but i don’t know how they put the drivers more than 3years old and tested.
for replace of D125s it is more complicate than D50, but if vivid Audio can provide the parts for domes with lubber and yellow thing, and black materials(i dont know how to call) as set, and it is just glued two areas on metal housing of driver and soldiering on each side on the clip things to connect wires.

Vivid Audio people instruct to contact local dealer, but the dealer just mentioned to me they can NOT do the replacement job because it is too dangerous but they only can order drivers for me and it cost like that much money.

I don’t believe Vivid Audio sell the parts and make earnings and also NOT that much cost to dealer anyway.

I am still waiting for Vivid Audio can provide few parts for me to fix this damaged domes but not responsed yet.

For another topics..

Does anyone know about the glue run down bit on tweeter domes?
I could see run down of glue on around tweeters it looks bit but this is not good happens on $40000 speakers and $1000 replacement cost tweeter domes.

as you can see more photos, they are not in perfect cosmetic conditions and manufactures, and finishes are not good to me and also the parts of they uses are not looking high ends.

and if you see inside on body. it is not well arranged and workmanship.

I don’t find any proof this speaker has been repainted or reworked i could check the inside and edges i can see the sending marks under the printing and clear coat..(i worked as car paint detailer)
few of patched… etc.. to be honest it is poor finishes in my standards.

and the lubber bands are decay, lubber seals are glued to drivers with glues and it is just simples fall off and it was loose-fitting of course it turns harden, and all most mold and metal parts are not perfect made, and some of them(connectors) are looks like became rusty or dirt.

I was disappointed, with this amount cost speaker made and finishes, but why i still keep this?
It sound well, and design is so impressive.

I would be much happier if they manufacture the products like real high ends finishes and use best parts as well.
I also may think their standards and made of skill is improved now.

I hope Vivid Audio also help and provide existing customer service like me.. dealer changed etc.. and if new dealer just NOT helpful..
Head office should take the service and try to take responsibility for customer.
I hope and wish!

Am i asking too much?

Maybe i was expecting more like customer service of apple or any other big electronics companies.

Last edited by bratt; 07-20-2016 at 02:17 PM.