AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 09-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber_Jones View Post
Adhesiv, good luck with these. I want a pair bad. Can you show us some photos. I suspect you will love them!
Thanks Cuke! Coming soon with a better camera as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
Congrats!
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 AM

Jayson -

I think that at this point you have already made your decision, but just wanted to let you know I auditioned the Devore Nine's at Matt's place with the Shindo Cortese amplifier, as well as the Monbrison and Masseto pre amps. They sounded wonderful. And I would have bought them save the DeVore O/96's were due out shortly and Matt recommended them for my situation. That being said, I could have lived very happily with the Nine's, they sounded most wonderful. Of course the Shindo Latours sounded even better but that is an entirely different price point.

Enjoy - I am sure they will make you quite happy.

Barr
Old 09-14-2011, 08:54 AM

I noticed yesterday there were a used pair of Devore 9s on Audiogon that lasted less than 6 hours - these weren't the same ones were they? I guess this just confirms how much these speakers are liked. Congrat's on the upgrade
Doug
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplexico
Jayson -

I think that at this point you have already made your decision, but just wanted to let you know I auditioned the Devore Nine's at Matt's place with the Shindo Cortese amplifier, as well as the Monbrison and Masseto pre amps. They sounded wonderful. And I would have bought them save the DeVore O/96's were due out shortly and Matt recommended them for my situation. That being said, I could have lived very happily with the Nine's, they sounded most wonderful. Of course the Shindo Latours sounded even better but that is an entirely different price point.

Enjoy - I am sure they will make you quite happy.

Barr
Barr,

Yep I pulled the trigger and made the deal. They certainly sounded wonderful in my brief audition. I'd love to go for the O's or the Latours but sadly the finances say otherwise at this point, especially when considering the latter.

As Matt mentioned in another post all these speakers might be a stopgap between now and a future Latours purchase but I'm enjoying what I have now and not worrying about that at all.

I'm in Boston till tuesday vacationing with my sister and family to see a Red Sox and Patriots game. Baby bucket list things to do before my wife's due date comes around (February 2012) so I'm having withdrawals already since I can't be home to play with them.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindoug
I noticed yesterday there were a used pair of Devore 9s on Audiogon that lasted less than 6 hours - these weren't the same ones were they? I guess this just confirms how much these speakers are liked. Congrat's on the upgrade
Doug
Yep, local seller and I was able to work out a great price due to the locality and quickness of the sale. The seller delivered them personally and so far the only time I've had with them is when we hooked them up for the audition. It didn't take long for me to hear the difference and I ended up turning what I thought would be about an hour into a 3 hour listening session with my new friend. We were both just so enamored with the sound we didn't want to stop listening.

Reason for sale was seller moved to new house and was having placement issues due to poor room acoustics (copper lined fireplace, glass wall, etc.). Biased I'm sure as the seller, but he said if it sounded as good as it did in my house he would not be selling...shows how much the listening room plays a part.

He mentioned he would be going in a different direction and after listening that Shindo was now on his list.

The green army marches on
Old 09-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Jayson-
Thanks for sharing your journey w/the green army!
I was wondering how the Shindo could drive the Cremona...as I have them
and notice a change when driven by either the MC402 or MC275V. they seem to like current to fully come to life.
Shindo is officially on my "If I won the lottery..." list.
Enjoy!
Steve
Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS77
Jayson-
Thanks for sharing your journey w/the green army!
I was wondering how the Shindo could drive the Cremona...as I have them
and notice a change when driven by either the MC402 or MC275V. they seem to like current to fully come to life.
Shindo is officially on my "If I won the lottery..." list.
Enjoy!
Steve
Totally agree with you...I was trying to remember the sound when they were being driven by my Bel Canto amps but I feel like that was a lifetime ago lol. I do remember the bass being more taut than with the Shindo, more along the lines of what I'm hearing now with Devores.

One thing I have noticed with the switch is a little less meat in the lower registers but I've literally only gotten a few listening sessions in so far so I need to play around with placement and see if that will help a little.

Every time I fire up the new system setup though I know I made the right decision with the Devores.

More as I get some more time in. I'm a virtual now so I'll be at home when I'm not traveling...this may be a bad thing!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 PM

So John Devore has made a new prototype to replace the Super 8s, they're called the Gibbon 88s and they're gorgeous! Can't wait to hear them.

Tone Imports—DeVore Fidelity—Well Tempered Lab—Box Furniture Co | Stereophile.com

Wizard High-End Audio Blog: Devore Fidelity's Gibbon 88

Thinking About a System
Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyc View Post
So John Devore has made a new prototype to replace the Super 8s, they're called the Gibbon 88s and they're gorgeous! Can't wait to hear them.

Tone Imports—DeVore Fidelity—Well Tempered Lab—Box Furniture Co | Stereophile.com

Wizard High-End Audio Blog: Devore Fidelity's Gibbon 88

Thinking About a System
A few weeks ago, I posted a thread about the new Devore Fidelity speakers. Worth a look if you (or anyone else) have not seen it. Lots of pics.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/gener...akers-him.html

A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.