AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindoadict View Post
Hi everybody I'm a newbie

Ok now my story: Three months ago I had the opportunity to test a auriege with VTL ST-150 for a weekend (thank you cdf audio). Wow what a musical revelation.
I mean I listened to the beatles revolver, and when I close my eyes I saw my father and mother who danced (I had tears in eyes).It's magic. I must say that during the Christmas party there was always the music of the Beatles.So I bought this kit.

After only three weeks I returned the Auriege to purchase the Masseto. this my story.

I'd like your response on this issue?
What I am replacing my Rockport by Devore or VTL by Shindo and which one.

Regards,
JC
Hearing that same set-up (with a pair of DeVore Nines) was my entry point into Shindo gear too. The Auriege didn't last long (and I was using a SS amp instead), but it was a great place to start. I'd definately focus on speakers first and the right amp will follow.

Last edited by Old Grey; 01-31-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Hi everybody I'm a newbie

Ok now my story: Three months ago I had the opportunity to test a auriege with VTL ST-150 for a weekend (thank you cdf audio). Wow what a musical revelation.
I mean I listened to the beatles revolver, and when I close my eyes I saw my father and mother who danced (I had tears in eyes).It's magic. I must say that during the Christmas party there was always the music of the Beatles.So I bought this kit.

After only three weeks I returned the Auriege to purchase the Masseto. this my story.

I'd like your response on this issue?
What I am replacing my Rockport by Devore or VTL by Shindo and which one.

Regards,
JC
Not to get off topic -but how do you like your Vibex? I just tried one out this weekend and loved it. Dead silent and didn't suck any sparkle out of the music.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
Not to get off topic -but how do you like your Vibex? I just tried one out this weekend and loved it. Dead silent and didn't suck any sparkle out of the music.
Hi old grey same conclution l like!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBritt
I had the good fortune this afternoon to make the acquaintance of Shindostevesan, previously known to me only in the virtual world. Having recently accepted his gracious invitation, I slipped over to his Casa Grande for an audition of the legendary Shindo Field Coil Speakers. Actually a complete Shindo system, with a few other manufactures added to the mix, replete and culminating with the Petite Latour loudspeakers.

I enjoyed myself immensely. Thank you so much, Shindostevesan, for a wonderful afternoon of chilling out and enjoying the finest listening experience I could imagine. Today represents my foray into the mystic world of Shindoism. The Shindo Petite Latours are truly "shape shifters" of the highest magnitude.

I'm jealous!

Last edited by Loop4fun; 02-09-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBritt View Post
I had the good fortune this afternoon to make the acquaintance of Shindostevesan, previously known to me only in the virtual world. Having recently accepted his gracious invitation, I slipped over to his Casa Grande for an audition of the legendary Shindo Field Coil Speakers. Actually a complete Shindo system, with a few other manufactures added to the mix, replete and culminating with the Petite Latour loudspeakers.

I enjoyed myself immensely. Thank you so much, Shindostevesan, for a wonderful afternoon of chilling out and enjoying the finest listening experience I could imagine. Today represents my foray into the mystic world of Shindoism. The Shindo Petite Latours are truly "shape shifters" of the highest magnitude.

This is as close to a pair of Shindo Petite Latours (is that an oxymoron?) as I will get for now! That's me in the photos.

Delighted to discover that Shindostevesan and I live less than five minutes and probably less than one mile as the crow flies from one another here in the beautiful city of Santa Fe, NM, I have extended a reciprocal invitation to audition my newly refurbished Quad ESL 57s when they arrive back to me and are properly installed.

He has enthusiastically agreed to an audition at my place. (Or I might put the Quads in my war pony's saddle bags and ride them over to his place in order to A/B them on his system.) Either way, I knew he was my kind of guy when I saw photos of his system elsewhere on the internet, and noted the fine Navajo blanket as decorative room treatment. We spent some time discussing the virtues of our respective Navajo textiles, another shared interest. And he turned me on to the features and benefits of files rather than CDs. Even so, his Shindo Garrard 301 turntable was in fine form and the vinyl was spinning as well. I tell you, I was like a kid in a candy store.

Mucho gracias, Shindostevesan. I had a blast!
What a fabulous looking system!!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:41 PM

Welcome, JC

beautiful system Shindostevesan, the maple speaker plinths look really good, and thanks for the write up MisterBritt
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Shindoaddict - we probably purchased our gear from CDF based on auditions of the same demo units! I recently got a Monbrison and ST-150 from Danny at CDF, and am loving my new setup.

In looking at your equipment, you would definitely want to look at changing speakers if you were to go for an all-Shindo setup - the Mira Monitors look to be even harder to drive then my Verity speakers, which opened up much better with the higher power of the ST-150 than with the lower powered VTL monoblocks, which in turn have more power than any Shindo amp does.

Given that it would be a quantum shift in your system, I really think that it's something that you'd need to try to determine if you'd like it. As with anything in this hobby, there are compromises made in choosing a Shindo amp - those compromises aren't in terms of sonics, but instead are in terms of speaker selection. So before even thinking about which Shindo amp to consider, you need to make sure you can find a speaker you like that would match well to the Shindo amps.

I do quite like the Devore speakers personally, but you'd need to make sure you do too. In my case, while I like the Devore speakers, I haven't found that I like the Nines as much as my Verities (and don't have sufficient experience with Orangutans to conclude on them), so I decided to go with the VTL amp and the speakers that I enjoy. I haven't heard Silverbacks.

In speaking of compromises...there aren't really any to be made in choosing a Shindo amp (other than wallet issues), they are just fantastic instruments that can be used in almost any system.

My suggestion would be to take your time with this, enjoy the time and service that Danny will give, and make sure that when you make a choice, it's a clear choice.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 AM

FranklinLG thanks for the thread.Now I know how to make a better match between the speaker and amplifier.

Countingbackwards yes probably the same association Monbrisson/VTL.
Yes I will take my time to do a real good choice.

As I have already written cdf will receive a haut brion and CCQ.
When they received .Danny calls me for a Listened.

I'll be able Listened Devore 88S/ Nine and O/96 with Shindo.
After I take them and to make Listened to my home for a better choice.

countingbackwards
Old 02-06-2012, 12:22 PM

Has anyone tried pairing your shindo gears with the tekton lore? Although it's not expensive, it might give a nice surprise. Cheers.

Last edited by jdandy; 02-27-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Want to buy can only be posted in the Marketplace.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
As I have already written cdf will receive a haut brion and CCQ.
When they received .Danny calls me for a Listened.

I'll be able Listened Devore 88S/ Nine and O/96 with Shindo.
After I take them and to make Listened to my home for a better choice.
On the one hand I'd love to hear O/96 with a Shindo amp...on the other hand, I don't wanna hear it in my own system if I won't be in a position to buy it - but I'm sure I'll head over to CDF to hear it when they have it in, just to educate myself.