AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > JBL Audio

JBL Audio Legendary Performance

Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM

Thanks Bobecca. I agree fully with your experience with one mc275.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyne View Post
Mctwins, I should have the amp on Tuesday. I'm excited to see what it has to offer. Being made by Harmon, I hope that it will have synergy with the JBL's.
The speakers are rated 6ohms, should I use the 4 ohm tap on the amp?
It's a little hard to read the numbers, but does the A.A. screen say that both sides are slightly above 6 ohms?
I looked up the program on Harmon's site to see if it may help in regards to supplying information useful to room set up at my house and did not see the XLS on the list of devices. They do have a version compatible with Mac too. I am still not sure of that or even where to buy it or for how much $ at that. Looks like fun though.
Yes, it is above 6 ohms, but this is with pink noise program and is more stable then if you are running music program then it fluctuate between 4-8 ohm depending on the source. It is not that I monitoring this frequently.

I am not follow you regarding "room setup", If you mean connecting Audio Architect to XLS then there is no RJ45 cable that support this on XLS. Or, you mean something else?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:13 PM

Yes, I was wondering if the program would connect to the XLS.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, I was wondering if the program would connect to the XLS.
No it does not. There is no need for it if you are not as anal as I am
Old 08-30-2015, 03:25 PM

Lol... I may be anal too but I'm not as educated when it comes to the technical aspects.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I hope so... thank you Dave!
You're welcome!
Old 09-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Hallo! Sunshyne.

What's happening. Have you connected your Crown?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:45 PM

Sorry for holding out. I wanted a few days of listening before commenting. My first concern was again, would the horns sound harsh moving to solid state? Not at all. The bottom cleaned up as well.

So far it has been all digital listening and I still need to break out the vinyl. I do eq on itunes to add more bass and run the preamps tone on bypass. With this amp, I can actually hear a sound quality difference in the tone bypass other than the change in bass and treble. I may get a pair of REL's first to compensate for lack of the low end with the speakers sooner than later.

All in all I am happy with this amp and it will hold me over until I get an MC 452 but that will be down the road. And I must add they now get loud! I have not tested how loud yet, but certainly much louder than I need or want. The green light almost never moves up to the next bar and is far from clipping. I did end up setting the amp around 3 o clock like you suggested.

I do like the highs of the mc275 because they have a little more body for lack of a better term, but was frustrated because I could not rock out. Stuff like Dylan and the Dead sounded really good with the 275 but they also sound great with the crown.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Sorry for holding out. I wanted a few days of listening before commenting. My first concern was again, would the horns sound harsh moving to solid state? Not at all. The bottom cleaned up as well.

So far it has been all digital listening and I still need to break out the vinyl. I do eq on itunes to add more bass and run the preamps tone on bypass. With this amp, I can actually hear a sound quality difference in the tone bypass other than the change in bass and treble. I may get a pair of REL's first to compensate for lack of the low end with the speakers sooner than later.

All in all I am happy with this amp and it will hold me over until I get an MC 452 but that will be down the road. And I must add they now get loud! I have not tested how loud yet, but certainly much louder than I need or want. The green light almost never moves up to the next bar and is far from clipping. I did end up setting the amp around 3 o clock like you suggested.

I do like the highs of the mc275 because they have a little more body for lack of a better term, but was frustrated because I could not rock out. Stuff like Dylan and the Dead sounded really good with the 275 but they also sound great with the crown.
Nice, glad to hear that. I personally would still get the MC452 because of those sexy blue meters! lol.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:09 PM

Yeah the meters are nice. It will be thousand$ more it will take up a lot more space so this will be it for a while. Plus it will give me the chance to sell the 275 or do a trade up at a local dealer. I have not contacted any other than AC (for a used one) but I'm afraid to find out what the damage will be.